Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,106 comments
Stewarding from my arm-chair is my favorite! Just like Famine said, I thought it was clear from Genesis' own posted video that it was his own fault. Pretty silly for him to post the video and remove any doubt that he deserved a penalty. See:
1. Unnecessary contact #1, initiated by Genesis. Not only he made a contact but he kept pushing into McLaren as well.
1715611067117.png

2. McLaren moves to left to break away from being pushed.
1715611214162.png

3. Immediate and sharp unnecessary contact#2, initiated by Genesis. Also here, not only he made a contact but he kept pushing into McLaren as well, for much longer this time. McLaren's actions from this point onward are all to save himself and to save Genesis.
1715611301046.png

Conclusion: Genesis was being almost dirty by squeezing McLaren there but still had chance to get away without being penalized until he pushed into McLaren not once but twice. A standard punishment is needed so that McLaren gets back his rightful position.

Last edited:
Tried several searches but cant find the answer..

What pedals did they/do they/will they use for the gran turismo world series finals?
In order, whatever's included in the standard Thrustmaster T-GT & T-GT II (2018-2022)/Fanatec GT DD Pro (2023)/probably that again or the Extreme but I think it's the same pedal set anyway (2024).

In order, whatever's included in the standard Thrustmaster T-GT & T-GT II (2018-2022)/Fanatec GT DD Pro (2023)/probably that again or the Extreme but I think it's the same pedal set anyway (2024).
Thanks for the response.
So would the Fanatec set with the CSL pedals be the ones used without a load cell?

Last edited:
Like a few have said, one rule for one and another rule for all.

Be interesting to see how many of the current crop of world tour drivers will be making there final appearance this year? Sounds like a few are feed up

When did the Vette become so good on tires? I just did two mock races at DF for Wed, one with the Porsche and one with the Vette. Starting on the RS tires, he Porsche's RR tire was full red on lap 12, despite BB of -4 & -5. The Vette made it to lap 14 before going full red. Here I thought the Porsche was good on tires and the Vette not so much, but it appears to not be the case in my literally one test.

That being said, my overall time in the Porsche was like six seconds faster.

Stewarding from my arm-chair is my favorite! Just like Famine said, I thought it was clear from Genesis' own posted video that it was his own fault. Pretty silly for him to post the video and remove any doubt that he deserved a penalty. See:
1. Unnecessary contact #1, initiated by Genesis. Not only he made a contact but he kept pushing into McLaren as well.
View attachment 1355117

2. McLaren moves to left to break away from being pushed.View attachment 1355118

3. Immediate and sharp unnecessary contact#2, initiated by Genesis. Also here, not only he made a contact but he kept pushing into McLaren as well, for much longer this time. McLaren's actions from this point onward are all to save himself and to save Genesis.
View attachment 1355119

Conclusion: Genesis was being almost dirty by squeezing McLaren there but still had chance to get away without being penalized until he pushed into McLaren not once but twice. A standard punishment is needed so that McLaren gets back his rightful position.

Not to mention, there’s no way you get a clean pass done there. It’s super narrow and very high speed. Danny knew EXACTLY what he was doing

When did the Vette become so good on tires? I just did two mock races at DF for Wed, one with the Porsche and one with the Vette. Starting on the RS tires, he Porsche's RR tire was full red on lap 12, despite BB of -4 & -5. The Vette made it to lap 14 before going full red. Here I thought the Porsche was good on tires and the Vette not so much, but it appears to not be the case in my literally one test.

That being said, my overall time in the Porsche was like six seconds faster.
I haven't done any running yet, apart from a handful of FP laps to get a feel for it. Will fuel be an issue at all, or just FM1 all the way?

Are they watching specific players? Does Danny have a history of dirty driving? Maybe this points removal is accumulative, based on previous races? On paper it looks like an isolated incident, but we don't see all of Danny's races from previous seasons. I'm not saying it's right, just asking a question...
I've come up against Danny a few times in dailies and Manu, and of the (very few) times I've had the pace to run with him, he's been clean and respectful.

On the penalties thing, the big problem I have here is that there hasn't really been any communication of it to anyone (or at least to me, maybe I'm too much of a pleb though). I'm all for this kind of scrutiny, but there has to be notification sent out that this is how we're playing it (much like lobby tournaments I compete in) - if you make contact or a suspect pass, you must redress or the steward will give you a penalty. People generally don't redress in GTWS events (in my experience) but I have seen it (and do it myself if I make contact) in daily races

This raises a VERY interesting question. If the “master” view shows he left only half a car’s width so he gets penalized, but his view shows he left more than a car’s width that surely can’t be penalized?
They penalized all the Oceania drivers during the lockdown series for crossing the pitlane at Fuji because lag caused it to show them crossing pit lane line on the "official" data, but none of them crossed it on their own replays or screens. PD does not back down or communicate worth anything. Opaque decisions and random stewarding yet again. Glad I'm not pressured in those types of situations and can just race where there's no stewarding and the driving standards are beyond erratic.

Last edited:
Hello guys, here's my (very) late race report from Interlagos:

I did surprisingly well in the practice before the race. My best lap was a 1:39,649 only 1sec behind the fasted guy. Never been so close and probably never will be again :lol:

I only did one race, GT2, 96 Pts lobby

The Qualy didn't went well. I tried to play it safe, but that completly backfired. I was 2 sec slower then my best practice lap > P7

Right after the start i lost a position to a Corvette, because i missjudged the breaking point and hit the brakes too early. But i regained my position in the breaking zone of turn 4.

Same lap, last (real) corner before the long start/finish "straight": A Subaru, 3 or 4 positions in front of me, went very wide and as he came back on track, we went side by side onto turn 1. I was on the inside and a bit in front, so i went for P6.

Lap 2 and i close the gap to the guys in front of me. I can pretty easy overtake a Citroen in turn 11, P5.

Now i have a Cayman and a Supra ahead. They have an ongoing fight for P3. The first time i try to be the lucky 3rd, the Supra pushes me of the track (without intention) in turn 4. I excpected a possible track limits penalty, but i get away with it.
Lap 5, i'm still a silent observer as the Cayman and the Supra both miss their breaking points for turn 1. That's my chance, i take the perfect line, get a little hit from the Supra as he's returning on track, but can overtake both of them (i'm the Martini Cayman) > P3
Autódromo de Interlagos_1000.jpg

The Corvette is joining the party and keeps them busy. That way i can build up a good distance to P4.
P2 is 4sec ahead and i only gain some thenth/lap. But in lap 9 he's reveiving a .5sec penalty and i reduce the gap to 1sec. As we pass turn 13 in the final lap and enter the start/finish "straight" it's only a .5sec gap. But he doesn't make another mistake and i finish P3
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240511162811.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240511162742.jpg

With a better qualifying i've might been in for the fight for victory, but i'm happy with the result, my 2nd ever podium and the fastest race lap!

Had a Deep Forest test in the Dodge, around 10 laps on softs is fine but after that mediums were quicker.

BB-3 and TC1. FM1 and no fuel needed at stop (although it was tight similar to Nords).
How much quicker are fresh softs over the mediums?
Considering a very dumb 2-stopper as I hate driving in traffic on this track.

How much quicker are fresh softs over the mediums?
Considering a very dumb 2-stopper as I hate driving in traffic on this track.
In the race sim the difference was only 0.3 (comparing fastest laps) but I started on softs with a full tank and then went to mediums with low fuel.

In practice softs were about 0.7 quicker.

Last edited:
Driving the Dodge, I'm finding the RSs wear out completely somewhere around 13 laps. In my practice races, if I finish on RSs, there is still a bit left at the end of the 13th lap. I tried a 7RM-13RS run in a lobby race, though, and found that the front right was completely worn on the final lap. Edit: Looking at the data again, it seems that the RSs are done on lap 13 regardless of whether I start or finish on them.

For me, the RMs just barely last 19 laps.

Fuel lasts the entire race for me. It's never been close to running out. Probably due to the way I'm shifting gears in this car - at 100% of the rev bar, but no more.

Here are the numbers from my tests (ordered by total time -- full details in this spreadsheet):
StrategyOpt timeBest timeTotal timeAvg timeAvg devAvg time on RMAvg time on RS
7RM-13RS1:26.7241:26.73829:31.6961:28.5850:01.6441:28.0061:27.552
9RM-11RS1:26.7231:26.94329:33.7631:28.6880:01.5921:28.2131:27.543
12RS-8RM1:26.9141:27.35429:34.1011:28.7050:01.6171:27.8791:27.787
13RS-7RM1:27.0511:27.21129:40.0601:29.0030:01.7041:28.1391:28.047
19RM-1RS#N/A1:28.11329:52.6431:29.6320:01.5711:28.7631:28.940

pubchart

Tread levels at pit:
StrategyFront leftFront rightRear leftRear right
7RM-13RS75%65%75%65%
9RM-11RS65%55%70%60%
12RS-8RM45%10%40%20%
13RS-7RM35%0%40%2%
19RM-1RS40%5%40%10%

Tread levels at finish:
StrategyFront leftFront rightRear leftRear right
7RM-13RS40%0%45%15%
9RM-11RS50%30%60%35%
12RS-8RM80%65%80%70%
13RS-7RM80%70%80%70%
19RM-1RS100%100%100%100%

All tests done with TC 2, BB 0, FM 1, and controller steering sensitivity at 7. Weather set to Afternoon - S01, equal conditions mode enabled.

It looks like there is an advantage for me to running the softs last, most likely due the reduced weight from fuel.

There seems to be a fair amount of overlap where worn softs are even with worn mediums. It seems like 7-10 on mediums and 10-13 on softs is going to be close in times. I'm planning to use a 8RM-12RS strategy, but might adjust depending on traffic.

Last edited:
challenge accepted training GIF

The driving standards are so bad at my level that I can do this and still not be DFL. Not going to win anyway so may as well have a little fun and make the slidey Lexus a bit more manageable.
I'm having the same thoughts. This not an easy track a LOT of drivers will get penalties and make mistakes. I'm thinking a 9S-9S-2M I could make good use of that. As an added bonus it will keep me out of traffic and maybe even prevent me from losing 1-3 positions at the start of the race (which tends to happen in the beginning of my race as I'm both too careful and bloody nervous)

I'm having the same thoughts. This not an easy track a LOT of drivers will get penalties and make mistakes. I'm thinking a 9S-9S-2M I could make good use of that. As an added bonus it will keep me out of traffic and maybe even prevent me from losing 1-3 positions at the start of the race (which tends to happen in the beginning of my race as I'm both too careful and bloody nervous)
My guess is everyone will stop for tyres around lap 10. maybe the 9th or 11th but that's it. So I think a two stopper will not get you any benefit if your plan is to stop lap 9 for softs again as you will stay in pretty much the same traffic.

I recognise that being to carefull at the start and being nervous at the start. Still get that every race.:nervous:

Now stupid me has agreed to trade shifts with a colleague but forgot it was raceday tomorrow. Think I can only do the one race at 1200 hrs or with a bit of luck the last race at 2300 hrs. Don't know which option is worse...

Whilst I enjoy and admire the strategy testing, history tells me it will be worthless for this combo in GT1. The ONLY strat that will matter is the one where you’re lucky enough to not get permanent damage in any of the 3 massive divebomb zones.

The 4C is actually really quick around here, so I can pretty much guarantee my race will be ruined in the first 2 laps by some brain dead moron who wants to brake 20m later than necessary, thus taking out several cars who are actually taking sensible and respectful lines.

Whilst I enjoy and admire the strategy testing, history tells me it will be worthless for this combo in GT1. The ONLY strat that will matter is the one where you’re lucky enough to not get permanent damage in any of the 3 massive divebomb zones.
Yeah. I expect you are right about that. I still like to do the strategy testing so that I find out the limits for the stints. For example, in this race, I know I'll have to ride out damage on mediums at least until lap 7 before switching to softs because the softs won't last more than 13 laps for me.

In the last four or five rounds I have entered in GTWS and Toyota Cup, I have been hit in every single race. And since we have heavy damage in GT1 league, it's race over after a few corners or one lap.
It's so frustrating, and for what I can tell it was not because I have hit someone and they hit me back, most of the cases were turn one dive bombs, or pure dirt. And to be the icing on the cake, the car that ruined my race don't get a penalty, and in some cases not even got damaged.
I don't care about the DR lost in the races, but what really bothers me is that the races were ruined because someone else screwed up

Some clips

The Black GT-One braked too early and I hit him

I got a little tap in the left rear enough to send me spinning

Turn 1, stupid move

Different angle

Race ruined in lap 1

I'm shifting gears in this car - at 100% of the rev bar, but no more.
I'm shifting at 80%, acceleration seems to fade after that but pulls really nicely in the next gear.

If you want to compare speeds my best lap is saved with tags gtp and blip

I'm shifting at 80%, acceleration seems to fade after that but pulls really nicely in the next gear.
I shift at 80% for the shift from 5th to 6th, but I didn't really notice much of a difference for the lower gears back when I first started driving the car. It's been a while since I've tinkered with that, so maybe I'll give it another try. Thanks for suggestion.

I recognise that being to carefull at the start and being nervous at the start. Still get that every race.:nervous:
Me too. My heartrate just explodes at every racestart. Don't know why but it's annoying as hell 😂

I have high hopes for the 4C on my main here. Should be better then at the Nordschleife.

Totally different on my alt. Had a great race with the Lexus at the Ring but have a bad feeling for Deep Forrest 🤔

In the last four or five rounds I have entered in GTWS and Toyota Cup, I have been hit in every single race. And since we have heavy damage in GT1 league, it's race over after a few corners or one lap.
It's so frustrating, and for what I can tell it was not because I have hit someone and they hit me back, most of the cases were turn one dive bombs, or pure dirt. And to be the icing on the cake, the car that ruined my race don't get a penalty, and in some cases not even got damaged.
I don't care about the DR lost in the races, but what really bothers me is that the races were ruined because someone else screwed up

Some clips

The Black GT-One braked too early and I hit him

I got a little tap in the left rear enough to send me spinning

Turn 1, stupid move

Different angle

Race ruined in lap 1

Videos 1 and 4 are your fault. The rest I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. It looks like you need to increase ypur spatial awareness in close situations. Your rejoin in the 5th video was clumsy and you probably pissed off the drivers behind you. This just my opinion of course.

Back