Gran Turismo World Series Showdown Preview: Comeback Tour

• Thread starter Famine
  • 197 comments
Thanks Jimmer for the meme template that will out live Gran Turismo itself.

1659213207211.png

Last edited:
More like the RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model was.
Well yes but both essentially the same, making a "new" car out of different paint/livery.

As for the event itself, what a shambles. How can it not even work properly over LAN?

No red flag in GT7 confirmed. They started a new full race of 48 laps and the starting grid is still decided by the qualifier. If it was a proper red flag restart it would be 44 laps to go and the starting grid would be by the order when the race was red flagged.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be funny if the F1 race tomorror also gets redflagged for an hour?
Also,i know tech problems can happen but Jesus H Christ,this game didn't need more bad publicity

Last edited:
How have they still not created proper broadcast camera angles that can focus on multiple cars/just the track? The transition as the game changes which car it's focusing on is so jarring and you don't see the overtakes because of the camera zooming in on one car instead of framing both cars in the picture.

No interest in watching any more of this.

Last edited:
How have they still not created proper broadcast camera angles that can focus on multiple cars/just the track? The transition as the game changes which car it's focusing on is so jarring and you don't see the overtakes because of the camera zooming in on one car instead of framing both cars in the frame.

No interest in watching any more of this.
There is definetly places for improvement with the broadcast angles,is there any sim currently that lets a "dronelike" camera follow cars on the track?I think that is the next step for the broadcasts
Holy crap this is how it's done. These live events are crazy exciting to watch, no weird lag, true close racing, i remember why i watched every race the last time.. whooooa
When the game isn't buckling and shutting it itself down for an hour yes they can be pretty dang good 😂

Last edited:
There is definetly places for improvement with the broadcast angles,is there any sim currently that lets a "dronelike" camera follow cars on the track?I think that is the next step for the broadcasts

When the game isn't buckling and shutting it itself down for an hour yes they can be pretty dang good 😂
They don't even need anything like that, they just need static cameras that can track groups of cars instead of always just focusing on one.

Every time it's painfully obvious which car the camera is locked on to, whereas in real world broadcasting the camera operator can frame the shot properly and include what is needed, otlr can quickly adjust on the fly. GT cameras are all fixed on one car, other than the on board cameras they can rotate.

Surely they can program the game "cameras" to be able to recognise there are multiple cars in the shot and adjust to frame them all.

Last edited:
Dang,live viewers almost reached 3k before the game shut down,now it's hovering on 2.3k
They don't even need anything like that, they just need static cameras that can track groups of cars instead of always just focusing on one.

Every time it's painfully obvious which car the camera is locked on to, whereas in real world broadcasting the camera operator can frame the shot properly and include what is needed.
Agreed,the current system seems like it was made for single player where it always chooses the best angles for your car.It still works for me,doesn't hurt the events but the weakness of the broadcast always show up at the same places,gets easier to notice if you watch multiple races

Last edited:
Agreed,the current system seems like it was made for single player where it always chooses the best angles for your car.It still works for me,doesn't hurt the events but the weakness of the broadcast always show up at the same places,gets easier to notice if you watch multiple races
I am certain it's done like a classic TV Production, they have several feeds "live" and a producer that does the broadcast mix. And a replay team that looks for stuff outside the TV-Feed and makes that availability to the producer.

I prefer this kind of production over the static style we see in for example iRacing, this kind of production projects the speed and close racing so much better..

It's just so far off real racing broadcasts I don't see any entertainment in it. For eSports motor racing to take off its gonna need to be at least on a par with real world broadcast quality, then use the unique qualities only a game can offer, like old cars that no longer race in the real world or other general fantasy elements that real racing can't offer.

Plus you've got none of the jeapordy of real racing with no damage system.

I am certain it's done like a classic TV Production, they have several feeds "live" and a producer that does the broadcast mix. And a replay team that looks for stuff outside the TV-Feed and makes that availability to the producer.

I prefer this kind of production over the static style we see in for example iRacing, this kind of production projects the speed and close racing so much better..
It is nothing like any real world broadcast, it's literally just the GT replay system where the camera focuses on the player car, or AI car if you switch.

How can you see the racing when the camera is only focusing on one car all the time?

Last edited:
I hope if / when a PC version of GT7 happens they can run the live feed on it, the weird low res liveries become an eyesore when they use some on-board cameras on the exterior of the cars. Maybe they could enable RT too.

Back