Gran Turismo World Series Showdown Preview: Comeback Tour

• Thread starter Famine
  • 197 comments
I've just launched the race !

Is it me or even in LAN (with excellent response time) the cars still have a strange behavior visually ?
They seem to really struggle with the GT7 netcode :confused: (other studios have managed that years ago)

Last edited:
Will the retired Porsche crash the game being stuck in the pits ?

What happened to start with ? No comments and no replay at all
What the heck did they had to be stopped like that? Did i miss something ?

It's just so far off real racing broadcasts I don't see any entertainment in it. For eSports motor racing to take off its gonna need to be at least on a par with real world broadcast quality, then use the unique qualities only a game can offer, like old cars that no longer race in the real world or other general fantasy elements that real racing can't offer.

Plus you've got none of the jeapordy of real racing with no damage system.

It is nothing like any real world broadcast, it's literally just the GT replay system where the camera focuses on the player car, or AI car if you switch.

How can you see the racing when the camera is only focusing on one car all the time?
Yes, it's much better than real broadcasting because the number of cameras are unlimited and can be anywhere they want to be.

I know you are the most bitter GT person on the board and spend a lot of energy complaining about everything but calling this production "literally just the GT replay system" is stretching it, even for you.

Yes, it's much better than real broadcasting because the number of cameras are unlimited and can be anywhere they want to be.

I know you are the most bitter GT person on the board and spend a lot of energy complaining about everything but calling this production "literally just the GT replay system" is stretching it, even for you.
Much better than real broadcasting? Haha, good one. it's not even close.

They could have unlimited cameras, but they don't. There is a fixed number of them, same ones every lap.

Yes, it's literally just the same system as replays in terms of camera angles. Obviously there is other stuff on top of that, replays and such, but the general broadcast camera angles are exactly the same as GT replays, which is what I was talking about.

The cameras all focus only on one car, they can't focus on two or more, it's clear as day.

Last edited:
Or the driver is that good? Doesn't always come down to the equipment.
While the BoP needs more updates you made me remember a moment in the live events,Monaco Finals i think,where the whole grid was using the redbull cars and Fraga was gaining on Soft tire drivers while using Hard compounds. 😂

I've just launched the race !

Is it me or even in LAN (with excellent response time) the cars still have a strange behavior visually ?
They seem to really struggle with the GT7 netcode :confused: (other studios have managed that years ago)
It could be that only the "spectator" accesses the game from outside the lan, so it shows lag. Don't know how it looks like for the competitors
Yeah I heard that but with no images could not see what is was inducing in terms of driving if it was the DFF wheel pr something else
I think the assumption it was a wheel failure is fair, as the first sign of it was the car spinning out on a fairly straight part

While the BoP needs more updates you made me remember a moment in the live events,Monaco Finals i think,where the whole grid was using the redbull cars and Fraga was gaining on Soft tire drivers while using Hard compounds. 😂
48 laps and the top 3 within 10 seconds after 5400 seconds of racing with 35 different drivers and 12 different cars. Maybe some of the cars could need a hand, but bop this year seems better.

Interesting to see they're still on Thrustmaster equipment.
Wonder if they bought up the esports rights over Fanatec.

Other racing games are constantly announcing partnerships with race series or car culture companies, PD are teaming up with Dior.

Lovely stuff, they really know what the fans want.
Partnerships like this aren’t necessarily for the fans, you are already highly aware of Gran Turismo so it’s not really selling anything to you in particular.

Their goal is to tap into a different audience and potentially get new fans. That’s how game brands grow in this competitive environment these days.

Additionally, the GT fans that see this may now develop a positive sentiment towards Dior and go “oh I know those guys, they did that Gran Turismo car” whereas other fashion brands may not catch your attention so easily.

Also, it’s a race suit, helmet and livery. I doubt Polyphony pulled dozens of people off of the (insert desired feature/bugfix here) team to generate a little press coverage.

Last edited:
Would've been nice to see Merc getting a bit closer to Subaru to see a proper challenge even if I prefer Subaru over Mercedes. Have seen Mercedes win too much in F1 & FE.

What a drive from especially Kylian. Didn't remember that Daniel is (mainly) controller player, nice to see him winning as well.

Last edited:
Is someone going to give Solis a hug?
With all the people falling over with COVID, not the best idea. I already have no idea how they're going to get the guy home to Guatemala after a positive test...

They’re to tap into a different audience and potentially get new fans. That’s how game brands grow in this competitive environment these days.
It's not far from the Puma sponsorship in GT Sport.Or any other clothing sponsorship in real life racing.
Gosh,Nike made a car only for GT 18 years ago,a few Dior liveries and logos ain't nothing 😂

Would been nice to see Merc getting a bit closer to Subaru to see a proper challenge even if I prefer Subaru over Mercedes. Have seen Mercedes win too much in F1 & FE.

What a drive from especially Kylian. Didn't remember that Daniel is (mainly) controller player, nice to see him winning as well.
It was very close, just a bit more and the slipstream could have changed everything.

"Much better than real broadcasting"

Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 23-36-17 Race Highlights 2022 British Grand Prix - YouTube.png

Four cars, camera is wide and tracks all four into the corner.

Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 23-42-30 English Gran Turismo World Series 2022 Manufacturers Cup Sho...png

Camera focuses only on the BMW, can't even see the car being passed.

Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 23-45-18 English Gran Turismo World Series 2022 Manufacturers Cup Sho...png

Camera locked to the VW, can't see the Nissan it's passing.

I could post hundreds of these, because it's constant. The cameras cannot focus/frame more than one car which is absolutely key in good broadcasting of racing. Sometimes more than one car is visible in frame but it's just because of where the other cars happen to be, it's still focusing on one car only and has no clue the other cars are there.

Last edited:
Back