Grand Am 85 Laps of Daytona!- Finished, Thanks All!

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 440 comments
  • 20,219 views

What should the best tire we use be?

  • Racing Softs

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Racing Mediums

    Votes: 18 72.0%

  • Total voters
    25
The Evora on mediums goes from excellent to garbage without warning when Polar Bear, LHL, and I tested yesterday.
 
The Evora on mediums goes from excellent to garbage without warning when Polar Bear, LHL, and I tested yesterday.

Yeah, I'm think I'm going to adapt my setup for using hards and stick with them. And try to keep my lap times pretty close to RM times.
 
Yeah, I'm think I'm going to adapt my setup for using hards and stick with them. And try to keep my lap times pretty close to RM times.

This is just my 2 cents of advice, but I would start on mediums. Since we are using cautions, you never know when your tire strategy will get burnt down because of a caution. It's a long race though, so I think the racing won't be too hard after lap 2 or so because it will be a test of endurance, connection, and bladder strength. If we get a caution, I think we need to have a temporary red flag for a restroom break for everyone. I know that I ran about 6 laps at Le Mans during season 2 having to go to the bathroom. Talk about having to multitask :lol:
 
Anthony, the Toyota is already taken. So you're going to have to find something else. Unless yellow doesn't drive it.
 
Well so is the Audi, do I have to aswell? By the way, that was rhetorical.

Read the part where Polar says it's basically first come, first serve as to who gets into the lobby.
 
Anthony, the Toyota is already taken. So you're going to have to find something else. Unless yellow doesn't drive it.

As is the Sauber and Nissan. I'm going to leave that one up to polar to decide if we can go over 6 DP for the spot race.
 
I mean all 3 now!

So seems like we're just taking sign ups and first 6 DP and 10 GT to get in will race.

Nobody saw this? Jeez... I must be hyper-observant.
 
Tez_SP17
Nobody saw this? Jeez... I must be hyper-observant.

No I saw it.
 
Reserve list? There's always the chance of no-shows. (Yes, that includes me :p) Or go a little farther and do some qualifying to get the top 16.
 
EliteDreamer
Reserve list? There's always the chance of no-shows. (Yes, that includes me :p) Or go a little farther and do some qualifying to get the top 16.

I think everyone likes the first come first serve idea.
 
A few days before the race polar needs to post a list of attendance post, so we will know if someone might miss because we have 16.
 
cnd01
A few days before the race polar needs to post a list of attendance post, so we will know if someone might miss because we have 16.

Race is moved back a week?
 
Race is moved back a week?

Yea that's what I'm referring to. If we move the date then some people who are signed up might have a conflict that weekend which would open up a spot.
 
Well if theres Ferrari drivers already there ill just watch the start :) thats the fun bit and then tune back in for the finish
 
sheephead99
Well if theres Ferrari drivers already there ill just watch the start :) thats the fun bit and then tune back in for the finish

Naw man!

Race!
 
Well if theres Ferrari drivers already there ill just watch the start :) thats the fun bit and then tune back in for the finish

I'm sure there will be spots open. I'd like to see you out there 👍 In fact, I would like to see 16 out there. :)
 
I'm sure there will be spots open. I'd like to see you out there 👍 In fact, I would like to see 16 out there. :)
16 sheephead99's? That'd be...... GLORIOUS!!!
 
16 sheephead99's? That'd be...... GLORIUS!!!

I know :dopey: 16 cnd01's would be a drag. I have such a generic PSN name. I should have been more fun and come up with a better one.
 
I'll be there alright. Been tweeking my 458 to get the tyre degrading right.
 
cnd01
Aren't you Lord of the Sheep? That means your sheep could race too :)

They fill the seats and there are spaces on my pit crew for them lol
 
They fill the seats and there are spaces on my pit crew for them lol

But your avatar is Giuseppe from Cars, right? He is the best pit crew member ever. :dopey: He's all you need for a pit crew :)
 
cnd01
But your avatar is Giuseppe from Cars, right? He is the best pit crew member ever. :dopey: He's all you need for a pit crew :)

Pit stop
 
But your avatar is Giuseppe from Cars, right? He is the best pit crew member ever. :dopey: He's all you need for a pit crew :)

*Guido.

Oh, I've seen "Cars" far too many times. Not that I wanted to. (I love the film though.)
 
*Guido.

Oh, I've seen "Cars" far too many times. Not that I wanted to. (I love the film though.)

My bad. I love "Cars" too. I haven't seen it in a year or two, so I'm a little rusty when it comes to names. :)
 
Looks like all the spots are filled.
 
Chances are I can't make it to the enduro. I just remembered that some of the lads from football now own a nightclub, and their having their maiden launch night on the 29th of September.
 
Chances are I can't make it to the enduro. I just remembered that some of the lads from football now own a nightclub, and their having their maiden launch night on the 29th of September.

If I'm ever across the pond, I will have to go too. :)
 
Race now officially moved to the 29th! It's OP official!
 
Back