Grand Prix de Monaco 2017Formula 1 

Hamilton man, what are you doing? He definitely has some grid penalties going his way as he's held up at least 2 drivers. So he might not even get to start 13th.

I'm really enjoying that chicane now. The drivers are absolutely on the limit there, and a the tiniest of mistakes is punished greatly. Plus, the shots of drivers just clipping it are great.

Hamilton had plenty of opportunity to set even an average time to get into Q3, really shouldn't have left it to the last seconds of the session.
Quoted for Truth.

Van just took a little bit two much clipping, literally, the apex.

Who was the orange car in the wall during last lap?

German TV is really horrible... they mentioned Button once I think...

Good job for p10 however!

This track is the best. What I love a lot about it, completely unaltered since... forever?

I hate what they did to the Spain GP for example.

Tough luck for Hamilton, huh.

Edit: Ah, Vandoorn out

McLaren proving they have a good chassis. Both cars easily in Q3. Shame about Stoffel, but he's a rookie, more experienced drivers have crashed here.

Makes you wonder how quick Alonso would have been.

I honestly believe the McLaren chasis is the best on the grid right now.

May be slightly bias though.

Stunning qualifying - more exciting than most races last season, and probably more exciting than the race tomorrow!!

Shame Lewis was not in the mix too, and Red Bull didn't quite deliver in Q3, but brilliant to see Kimi and Vettel on such epic form.

I honestly believe the McLaren chasis is the best on the grid right now.

May be slightly bias though.
Running with so much less power can easily cover up chassis weaknesses. They are 7 KPH slower in the speed traps at Monaco.

I wonder if they can sort out whatever happened to Hamilton's car. Probably not, but should be interesting to see him go through the field if they do.

Unlikely because of Parc Ferme rules.

Being in that position at the start is dangerous for the car, at many tracks Mercedes might take the pit-lane-start option and thereby make adjustments to the car. It's a difficult call at Monaco, you'd need a successful strategy and at least one magic Safety Car. Very tough call.

If he gets a penalty he should start from the pit lane.

I don't think there's any suggestion of him having a penalty though?

If the team elect to alter the car then he'll start from the pit-lane by default but that's their choice.

ICEMANNNN

Hyv9udB.jpg

Back