Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - Mods Thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 720 comments
YCA-RE is one of the best GTA IV modders around, and it's no surprise that he figured it out! :D

There's a bunch of cars hitting download sites now but most have issues with lighting, collisions and wheels. But these are the early days, hopefully things get better.

I cannot wait until car mods start coming out at a faster pace and we start seeing much higher quality work. That said, what has been uploaded so far is very impressive considering its the early days and trust me, the early car models for IV were atrocious and took months to come out, but nowadays players can have this :drool:

d982bfe875.jpg

That's a screenshot of mine from IV, I'm trying to get the most realistic graphics settings possible, I think it looks pretty good.

:drool:👍

Although I couldn't get the hang of it, I would like to see ELS encoded.

Yeah, that's my skin creation, turning the LFA NFS:HP 2010 Police mod into a rapid response vehicle!

:drool:👍

Although I couldn't get the hang of it, I would like to see ELS encoded.

Yeah, that's my skin creation, turning the LFA NFS:HP 2010 Police mod into a rapid response vehicle!
Do we really need ELS? The police lights look brilliant already.

I wonder if stuff like the interior dashboard, re-attachable Roof, Tuning, damages, steering wheel, Hidden lights from the Dukes and such works on car mods right now?

I wonder if stuff like the interior dashboard, re-attachable Roof, Tuning, damages, steering wheel, Hidden lights from the Dukes and such works on car mods right now?
This looks to have a well detailed interior but unsure if the dials function
b564bb-QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720150816222706.jpg

Interior gauges do not function yet. Collisions have been updated and work correctly, but the glass still doesn't break.

As far as in-game mods to the car:

Does work
  • Armor
  • Brakes
  • Engine Tuning
  • Transmission
  • Wheels/tires
  • Respray (main color only, stripes stay black)
Doesn't work
  • Basically anything that is visual that is not paint or wheels/tires
2015-08-16_00001.jpg

At least the stripes are black. If I had a PC that could run GTAV I would so get a yellow one.

Holy crap the modders are flying this week! That's a highly dtailed Challenger, Charger and F40! What car does it replace? Stinger GT?

Holy crap the modders are flying this week! That's a highly dtailed Challenger, Charger and F40! What car does it replace? Stinger GT?
Because back in IV and earlier GTA Games, modders usually mod cars from scratch. Nowadays they just convert it from Forza, NFS....etc etc etc

I saw gameplay of it and it looks like it has softer suspension compared to vanilla GTA V. I sure hope there will be a handling.dat mod soon that will make cars handle like they did in IV albiet with a tiny bit stiffer suspension and no traction control. Unless there already is a similar handling mod released that I don't know about :confused:
There are a few on gta5-mods already. I've installed one and even tweaked it myself to get better off road capabilities from the merryweather mesa.

Yes! The first tunable car! I can't wait for the fully tunable GT-R's and Evo's and stuff!

I sort of have an idea for the tuning in the game. There are some models that have only a few choices in aero kits. (i.e. Forza's infamous front splitter and wing), and I thought maybe designers and modelers alike could make their own body kit designs of their own!

Just a thought. ;)

Apparently that IS300 replaces Franklin's Buffalo, but since I did that with the Charger I will have to change this one over to replace the Sultan. Super easy, all I have to do is rename the files.

Edit:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/mercedes-bens-c63-amg

cdae31-cedez.jpg
I'm really glad R* make this so easy. In the old NFS games if someone set it to replace a car you have to go into the files and do stuff I have no clue about to change it to something else.

Ran into a road block with the C63 last night since it only has 3 files. The creator of the car set it to replace the Vapid Bullet and I didn't want to do that. I wanted it to replace the Schwartzer but that car has 4 files. Turns out I can just ignore one of the files and it will still work, so going to do that tonight.

Back