Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - Mods Thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 720 comments
3 posts in a row because AWESOME.

2015-08-19_00004.jpg

The fact that we have access to models from games such as AC, Forza and other games with detailed models really just completely opens the door to some awesome mods in the near future.

SVX
The fact that we have access to models from games such as AC, Forza and other games with detailed models really just completely opens the door to some awesome mods in the near future.
It does. The best ones (IMO) are the ones from Driver SF. Pretty good detail but they still have low poly count.

I wonder if someone would be able to convert and edit cars from GTA IV to GTA V in the future? Like take the Uranus file's, modify it to make it work with gta v including detailed interior...etc and then extract it?

I wonder if someone would be able to convert and edit cars from GTA IV to GTA V in the future? Like take the Uranus file's, modify it to make it work with gta v including detailed interior...etc and then extract it?

Probable. Someone's already converted the Feroci in.

SVX
Hopefully they figure out how to transfer audio files as well. For the GT-R I switched the exhaust sounds over to the Vulcan Ingot since it was the only car I could find that sounded similar to a GT-R. I'm also tweaking the shifting speed to make it upshift faster with minor success so far.

Do you even know what ELS does? :lol: it doesn't add brightness, that depends on the ENB you have.
I do, it makes the police lights more realistic (I used it for IV). On GTAV the police lights were really basic and looked 🤬. V's police lights look great and don't need improving much.

IV's police lights:

V's Police Lights:

I do, it makes the police lights more realistic (I used it for IV). On GTAV the police lights were really basic and looked 🤬. V's police lights look great and don't need improving much.

IV's police lights:

V's Police Lights:

GTAV's Police Lights are much more realistic tbh, compared to Non-ELS on IV. The Bloom in IV's Non ELS is just weird lol. But with ENB, and ELS, and ELS Enabled cars it does look much better. compares right to GTAV depending on the mod.

Also browsing Youtube..

E28
94383e-20838221832_78b1edb9a3_o.jpg

The interior is pants, the collisions are wonky, and for some reason it replaces the Stanier, but I don't care because new 7 series. (Link)
I'm going to attempt to have it replace the Oracle when I get home. Might be as easy as renaming the files. Will report back if I'm successful or not.

I'm going to attempt to have it replace the Oracle when I get home. Might be as easy as renaming the files. Will report back if I'm successful or not.
Should be super easy- If I remember correctly, it only came with model and texture files, so carcols, handling, or vehicles.meta edits shouldn't be required.

E28
Should be super easy- If I remember correctly, it only came with model and texture files, so carcols, handling, or vehicles.meta edits shouldn't be required.
I'm currently using self-modified Vehicles.meta and handling.meta files so I can just go in there and tinker with this if necessary. As long as the model changes over with no issues.

These guys are outdoing themselves every day, I still remember the early models of GTA 4 mods and how amateurish they were compared to the ones being released right now on V.

These guys are outdoing themselves every day, I still remember the early models of GTA 4 mods and how amateurish they were compared to the ones being released right now on V.

Well with the rise of the "taking-3D-models-from-different-games-like-Forza" techniques, it's obviously better in V. :P

Some of these cars seem to be giving me frame rate issues. :indiff:

Possibly due to the sheer detail of those models.

Back