Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - Mods Thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 720 comments

I have no idea how you got this to work, but it always feeds back an 'invalid model' tag back to me whenever I try and spawn it.

I had the same trouble with the YCA add-on pack until I found out you're supposed to do something that isn't even outlined in the readme. :grumpy:

I had the same trouble with the YCA add-on pack until I found out you're supposed to do something that isn't even outlined in the readme. :grumpy:
Did you have to add a line onto the "extratitleupdatedata.meta" file?
I've been hesitant on installing that 650S mod because of the missing line and I didn't want to mess up the installation.

Did you have to add a line onto the "extratitleupdatedata.meta" file?
I've been hesitant on installing that 650S mod because of the missing line and I didn't want to mess up the installation.

Extra line? There's nothing about that in the readme, other than editing the dlclist file. If this is another instance where I have to do something that isn't outlined in the readme I'll probably stop using YCA's mods altogether.

Extra line? There's nothing about that in the readme, other than editing the dlclist file. If this is another instance where I have to do something that isn't outlined in the readme I'll probably stop using YCA's mods altogether.
Which is why I have been hesitant.

I'm new to modding GTA V so I thought that every car add-on has a line that you have to paste into the "extratitleupdatedata.meta" file. Almost every car I've added came with a line for that file in the readme. In the case of one car that didn't; I had to create a line for it and paste it into the extratitleupdatedata.meta file.
For example: if the dlcpacks folder was named "650S" I just added 650S to the line in extratitleupdatedata.meta.

The line in extratitleupdate.meta:
<Item type="SExtraTitleUpdateMount">
<deviceName>dlc_[CARNAME]:/</deviceName>
<path>update:/dlc_patch/[CARNAME]/</path>
</Item>

Which is why I have been hesitant.

I'm new to modding GTA V so I thought that every car add-on has a line that you have to paste into the "extratitleupdatedata.meta" file. Almost every car I've added came with a line for that file in the readme. In the case of one car that didn't; I had to create a line for it and paste it into the extratitleupdatedata.meta file.
For example: if the dlcpacks folder was named "650S" I just added 650S to the line in extratitleupdatedata.meta.

The line in extratitleupdate.meta:
<Item type="SExtraTitleUpdateMount">
<deviceName>dlc_[CARNAME]:/</deviceName>
<path>update:/dlc_patch/[CARNAME]/</path>
</Item>

As am I. Modding in general isn't complicated in the least once you've gotten used to it. However, this, for whatever reason is completely off-putting. I just want to uninstall the game and just go on about my business already.

If this is really the case (thanks, by the way 👍 ) than I have no idea why every car mod I've downloaded just leaves you to assume what needs to be done.

Always check your dlclist.xml and extratitleupdatedata.meta if your desired add-on folders are there. Otherwise, they won't show up.

------------------------------------------

A proper F82 mod!

1db371-2016-02-25_00053.jpg

Nakai is in town

a35693-2016-02-26_00033.jpg

^^^ + this = NFS 2015 x GTA V cinematic!

072f74-6.jpg

Well, that's a surprise.

2c6b0e-ss2.jpg

Vossen for life!

e1a635-1.jpg

Always check your dlclist.xml and extratitleupdatedata.meta if your desired add-on folders are there. Otherwise, they won't show up.

And when I do that it fundamentally breaks the YCA add-on pack. I've had to rely on the backup files for both that have nothing else but the YCA strings to get that particular pack to work again.

878651-2016-02-27_00004.jpg

The Corvette is finally in GTA V, with full mods! Shame it doesn't replace the Coquette, but renaming the ytd, yft files and the individual files inside the "mods" file to Coquette's might work.

And when I do that it fundamentally breaks the YCA add-on pack. I've had to rely on the backup files for both that have nothing else but the YCA strings to get that particular pack to work again.

Try these steps.

1) Usually add-on packs need to be copied to both x64/dlcpacks and the update.rpf/dlc_patch path. Some packs only needs to be copied to the dlcpacks folder (which contains the dlc.rpf file) and thus only the dlclist will be affected

With YCA mods, you need to copy the dlc.rpf to dlcpacks folder under a folder named "ycamods" and the content.xml to dlc_patch folder with the same folder name of "ycamods". Once you've done that, the dlclist and extratitleupdatedata file must be added new lines like what ViscousTraction said. Then, I think its safer to check the vehicle.rpf inside the dlc.rpf file to check the name of the models to spawn them. Then just edit the "added cars" section in Simple Trainer's ini with the vehicles's name (zl1, lp700, gtrnismo) so that spawning is easier in-game.

2) If the game crashes, that might be because the order of the add-on files and the order of the add-on file lines in the dlclist and extratitle is not the same. (if you have more than one add-on packs, that is)

Sorry if its a bit hard to understand.

I've learned this the hard way, after countless crashes and remodding and all that hassle. The GTAV mods page should really put a section for newcomers on the basic steps of all kinds of vehicle and texture modding.

I remember someone posted here about having mods online using a different online client/server thing. Does that still work? I was wondering if anyone wants to try it out.

I remember someone posted here about having mods online using a different online client/server thing. Does that still work? I was wondering if anyone wants to try it out.

That was supposed to be GTA:MP and FiveM, but Take 2's stupid legal team sent out C&D's to the mod creators. :rolleyes:

Dan
That was supposed to be GTA:MP and FiveM, but Take 2's stupid legal team sent out C&D's to the mod creators. :rolleyes:
There's no need for a :rolleyes:, they has every right to do that when the mod creators carried on making it after being asked not to by Rockstar.

There's no need for a :rolleyes:, they has every right to do that when the mod creators carried on making it after being asked not to by Rockstar.

Well, from the way the mods were described, they would have given a better online experience that Rockstar could never provide.

On an unrelated note, can people PLEASE use spoiler tags when uploading high-res images? It takes so long to load and the page constantly jumps up as I'm trying to read. I feel like I'm whispering into the wind when I request this in every image-heavy thread I enjoy visiting.

Those have to be like... 19s on that Eclipse. Understandable they didn't fix it, considering how long the model took to m- oh, wait.

Back