Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - Mods Thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 720 comments
Someone made his way to Los Santos...

kKmLZra.jpg

uIoeVsA.jpg

There are some missing stickers, as the reference images I see on Google are low in quality. I'll probably release it soon.

Shame that there is no light-purple chrome option!

iXsVuCa.jpg

Can someone help me out please.

I've just started to mod my GTA, I've already succesfully replaced a few cars and i'm trying to replace the park ranger with this Chevy suburban.
link: https://www.gta5-mods.com/paintjobs/u-s-border-patrol-texture-for-police-chevrolet-suburban

Followed the instructions. \mods\x64e.rpf\levels\gta5\vehicles.rpf\ and replace the pranger.ytd, pranger.yft, pranger_hi.yft and pranger+hi.ytd files. However when i spawn the model in-game the park ranger skin will be on the vehicle for about a second then it changes to a normal police skin and stays that way.

Anybody have any idea why and how i fix this? Thanks

Can someone help me out please.

I've just started to mod my GTA, I've already succesfully replaced a few cars and i'm trying to replace the park ranger with this Chevy suburban.
link: https://www.gta5-mods.com/paintjobs/u-s-border-patrol-texture-for-police-chevrolet-suburban

Followed the instructions. \mods\x64e.rpf\levels\gta5\vehicles.rpf\ and replace the pranger.ytd, pranger.yft, pranger_hi.yft and pranger+hi.ytd files. However when i spawn the model in-game the park ranger skin will be on the vehicle for about a second then it changes to a normal police skin and stays that way.

Anybody have any idea why and how i fix this? Thanks
That appears to be just the texture. You need the car first, which is the pinned comment at the bottom of the page.

That appears to be just the texture. You need the car first, which is the pinned comment at the bottom of the page.

But I'm getting the actual car model in-game, it just returns to the police livery after a second. So i assumed it was the model and texture. Unfortunately that link to the original doesn't work so will have to find it somewhere else and see if it works that way. Thanks 👍

Got it sorted. Installing original files first then installing the skin as per instructions didn't work. So had to edit the +hi.ytd file in openIV and replace the paintjob .png with the new one. Works now :)

So the mod GTA 5 Redux came out the other day, and managed to get it installed. Here's 2 screenshots I did before the game... crashed

WD4ESj.jpg

TBoB5l.jpg

This is with every setting at High / Very High at 1440p, and 4x MSAA with TXAA enabled, using the Ultra v2 Reshade preset (this preset is more taxing than the default Reshade preset the mod uses). And as you can see by the large FPS counter at the corner (not sure why this counter showed up, actually), my 1070 isn't faring too well. Normally I don't use 4x MSAA as it is very demanding, so I use 2x or with it off.

And the bit about the game crashing... no idea what is causing it. I tried a number of troubleshooting, but it still happens after 10 or so minutes of gameplay. I imagine the mod author will push out a fix. Until then I wouldn't try this mod out right now.

Back