Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - Mods Thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 720 comments
Yeah so I installed the new script hook and it loaded up fine initially, but after about 20 seconds on the regular loading page with all the concept photos, GTAV crashed. So I went in and reset the game to stock with no mods and it loads up fine now but for some reason I am back to textures not loading correctly.

So at this point I give up. I don't play very often and when I do things either don't work right or at all. My internet sucks so if I want a clean install I literally have to fire up the download before leaving for work and hope it's finished before I get home it takes that long. I think what I need is a better PC for one, and then a physical copy of the game not linked to automatic updates.

Having learned from the last update, what can I do before I download the update to prevent my mods from breaking? Or do I have to update and then try to fix them.

[...]My internet sucks so if I want a clean install I literally have to fire up the download before leaving for work and hope it's finished before I get home it takes that long[...]

Wow, first world problems... It took me a WEEK to download it + updates (and that was last year, there's been a bunch of new content since then)

[...]I think what I need is a better PC for one, and then a physical copy of the game not linked to automatic updates.

My PC had an AMD quad-core, 6gb of ram and a 1gb Nvidia GTX550, and it ran fine, with decent graphics (low textures, 720p, but everything else at "high", some "very high" and even a few "ultras") at over 30fps (although again, that was last year, new updates might make it heavier, at least online).
But then again, it IS for PC so I guess it being playable with decent enough graphics might not be enough, might need at least all options at Very High-Ultra, 1080p 60fps right?

Also, anyone knows if there's already some good mod that makes more base-game cars tunable with Benny's parts (interiors, trim color, liveries, engine blocks)? I feel like if not, it's a big missed opportunity, specially with the easier mods to make (engines and trim color, maybe also liveries)

My PC plays it just fine......except for the fact that textures keep disappearing on me. I've given up for now. I can play, just have to deal with it.

Well. :embarrassed:

giphy.gif

OpenIV makes me want to scream, as if rFactor instantly crashing wasn't enough torture.

First of all, it refuses to run. I always get this error when I try running it:
"[FATAL] Can't start application. Recovery directory not found. Error code: Recovery-001."
I've tried googling it, but the results were no use.

"Why don't you just reinstall it?"
I can't. The installer gives me some BS error, and if I try to delete the folder which contains it, it tells me that I can't because there's some files in there that are being used by another programme. I try deleting OpenIV.exe itself and it tells me that it's open in System. Great, now my PC's probably being used to mine cryptocurrency or hack any political party to the left of Putin.

So guess what I do? I search for that phrase to find the Microsoft troubleshooting page, I follow the instructions...I don't have any open files! I've looked through Resource Monitor and Task Manager and there's no sign of OpenIV!

Now I know how my Luddite aunt feels...:grumpy:

DK
OpenIV makes me want to scream, as if rFactor instantly crashing wasn't enough torture.

First of all, it refuses to run. I always get this error when I try running it:

I've tried googling it, but the results were no use.

"Why don't you just reinstall it?"
I can't. The installer gives me some BS error, and if I try to delete the folder which contains it, it tells me that I can't because there's some files in there that are being used by another programme. I try deleting OpenIV.exe itself and it tells me that it's open in System. Great, now my PC's probably being used to mine cryptocurrency or hack any political party to the left of Putin.

So guess what I do? I search for that phrase to find the Microsoft troubleshooting page, I follow the instructions...I don't have any open files! I've looked through Resource Monitor and Task Manager and there's no sign of OpenIV!

Now I know how my Luddite aunt feels...:grumpy:
Which mods have you installed recently? Could be one of them that causes it to occur.

When I got an RX-7 Rocket Bunny mod, the game would crash at launch. The mod creator said it has happened to a lot of users, and it got fixed later on.

Which mods have you installed recently? Could be one of them that causes it to occur.

When I got an RX-7 Rocket Bunny mod, the game would crash at launch. The mod creator said it has happened to a lot of users, and it got fixed later on.
I think it was an Indycar mod, but uninstalling that did nothing to help. :mad:

Can anyone tell me about the features in FiveM? Just as an example what sort of character customisation is there? Is it the same as GTA Online (but without the ingame costs) or can you only swap between preset character models?

Can anyone tell me about the features in FiveM? Just as an example what sort of character customisation is there? Is it the same as GTA Online (but without the ingame costs) or can you only swap between preset character models?
I think it depends on the server. You can also rent your own server and do whatever you want, but I haven't really looked into it. I mainly watch the DOJ guys on YouTube (one of which has went off to do his own thing) and they just had a big update recently where they have to eat and drink to survive, can earn money through jobs or selling drugs, buy houses, cars, etc. They have a mix of real cars and the GTA cars available, the map has been modified slightly (more trees) and a bunch of other stuff. All implemented by the server host. (Polecat324)

Are you looking to get into your own server or someone else's?

In the Project Homecoming server they have 2 mod menus you can use. It's a pain in the ass to use. You can use all assets in the game so you can have invisible arms, broken textures, etc. Nothing's labeled so you have to try each one.

Has ScriptHookV stopped working for anyone here? I tried booting up GTA V to have a look at the new cars only to get a near-instant CTD.

DK
Has ScriptHookV stopped working for anyone here? I tried booting up GTA V to have a look at the new cars only to get a near-instant CTD.
Wasn't there a new update? Every update breaks it. You'll have to wait for the scripthook developers to update it. It'll take a couple days

Anyone else play FiveM? I've barely touched GTA proper since I started using it - been having a lot of fun on the Project Homecoming server, there's loads of cool custom cars and rebalanced classes and it all makes for probably the best racing I've ever seen in GTA.

I want to join Jeff Favignano's OCRP server but I'm not sure my computer can handle it since I was already having issues offline. Need to upgrade first.

This mod actually looks pretty neat. There seems to be a few bugs and awkward scenarios, but I like the idea anyway and it could definitely work as a PvE mode online. Some of the randomized outfits look pretty nice, too.

So i recently discovered gta 5 with mods and long story short i'm never touching the console version again.

Anyway after learning how to install mods i have my game heavily modded

Mods like

BloodV
Dismemberment Gore
LeFix Simple Fuel
Realistic Guns Sounds

But my favorite thing is the real world cars ''YES" no more fake gta cars :D

List of cars i have install include
1996 McLaren F1 GTR
1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
2004 Saleen S7
2010 Lexus LFA
2013 Porsche 918
2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray
2014 Lamborghini Veneno Roadster
2014 McLaren P1
2015 Ferrari LaFerrari
2015 Porsche 918 Spyder & Weissach Kit
2016 Dodge Charger
2020 Bugatti Bolide
2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray
2020 McLaren GT
2020 McLaren Speedtail
Chevrolet Corvette C7R
Corvette C8-R
Dodge Viper GTS-R LeMans 2013
Dodge Viper SRT 10 1992
Ferrari FXX-K
Ferrari FXX-K EVO 2018
Ferrari F1
Jeep SRT-8 2015
Lamborghini Centenario Lp770-4 Police -With a mini gun on top :lol:
Mclaren 720S Spider
McLaren 765LT
McLaren Elva
McLaren P1 GTR
McLaren Senna & GTR
Mercedes-Benz AMG Project One
Nissan Titan Warrior 2017
Porsche 919 Hybrid
2016 SRT VIPER ACR

And for bikes
2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000R
2020 Ducati desmosedici GP20
2020 Honda CBR1000RR
2020 Suzuki GSX-RR
2021 Yamaha YZF-R7
BMW M1000RR 2020
Yamaha R1 2014
Yamaha Xmax-400 2019
Yamaha YZR M1

And short i'm still learning how to mod gta 5 and so far playing the game with mods is one of the best experience i have ever had.

And lets not forget the player Skins.

Back