Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - Mods Thread

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by JASON_ROCKS1998, Apr 23, 2015.

1. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Yeah so I installed the new script hook and it loaded up fine initially, but after about 20 seconds on the regular loading page with all the concept photos, GTAV crashed. So I went in and reset the game to stock with no mods and it loads up fine now but for some reason I am back to textures not loading correctly.

So at this point I give up. I don't play very often and when I do things either don't work right or at all. My internet sucks so if I want a clean install I literally have to fire up the download before leaving for work and hope it's finished before I get home it takes that long. I think what I need is a better PC for one, and then a physical copy of the game not linked to automatic updates.

2. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Having learned from the last update, what can I do before I download the update to prevent my mods from breaking? Or do I have to update and then try to fix them.

3. RodSk8Dude

RodSk8Dude

Wow, first world problems... It took me a WEEK to download it + updates (and that was last year, there's been a bunch of new content since then)

My PC had an AMD quad-core, 6gb of ram and a 1gb Nvidia GTX550, and it ran fine, with decent graphics (low textures, 720p, but everything else at "high", some "very high" and even a few "ultras") at over 30fps (although again, that was last year, new updates might make it heavier, at least online).
    But then again, it IS for PC so I guess it being playable with decent enough graphics might not be enough, might need at least all options at Very High-Ultra, 1080p 60fps right?

Also, anyone knows if there's already some good mod that makes more base-game cars tunable with Benny's parts (interiors, trim color, liveries, engine blocks)? I feel like if not, it's a big missed opportunity, specially with the easier mods to make (engines and trim color, maybe also liveries)

4. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

My PC plays it just fine......except for the fact that textures keep disappearing on me. I've given up for now. I can play, just have to deal with it.

5. Kitten

Kitten

Well. :O

[​IMG]

Dan likes this.
  6. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Is this yours or did it come from another video? Looks like the same livery they use in DOJ.

7. Kitten

Kitten

Its my gif; its a mod pack i am working for a FiveM community; the DOJ Livery is based off of Alameda County Sheriff.

[​IMG]

jstickboy13 and Dan like this.
  8. DK

DK Premium

OpenIV makes me want to scream, as if rFactor instantly crashing wasn't enough torture.

First of all, it refuses to run. I always get this error when I try running it:
    I've tried googling it, but the results were no use.

"Why don't you just reinstall it?"
    I can't. The installer gives me some BS error, and if I try to delete the folder which contains it, it tells me that I can't because there's some files in there that are being used by another programme. I try deleting OpenIV.exe itself and it tells me that it's open in System. Great, now my PC's probably being used to mine cryptocurrency or hack any political party to the left of Putin.

So guess what I do? I search for that phrase to find the Microsoft troubleshooting page, I follow the instructions...I don't have any open files! I've looked through Resource Monitor and Task Manager and there's no sign of OpenIV!

Now I know how my Luddite aunt feels...:grumpy:

Dan likes this.
  9. jus1029

jus1029 Premium

Which mods have you installed recently? Could be one of them that causes it to occur.

When I got an RX-7 Rocket Bunny mod, the game would crash at launch. The mod creator said it has happened to a lot of users, and it got fixed later on.

10. DK

DK Premium

I think it was an Indycar mod, but uninstalling that did nothing to help. :mad:

11. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Just discovered this thing tonight. And I love it. Engine detail shows a Hellcat V8 and uses the regular Mesa engine sounds, but I wanted something more realistic so I switched them over to the sounds from the Canis Seminole.

20180218000854_1.jpg
    20180218000755_1.jpg

12. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

13. Snorevette

Snorevette

Can anyone tell me about the features in FiveM? Just as an example what sort of character customisation is there? Is it the same as GTA Online (but without the ingame costs) or can you only swap between preset character models?

14. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I think it depends on the server. You can also rent your own server and do whatever you want, but I haven't really looked into it. I mainly watch the DOJ guys on YouTube (one of which has went off to do his own thing) and they just had a big update recently where they have to eat and drink to survive, can earn money through jobs or selling drugs, buy houses, cars, etc. They have a mix of real cars and the GTA cars available, the map has been modified slightly (more trees) and a bunch of other stuff. All implemented by the server host. (Polecat324)

Are you looking to get into your own server or someone else's?

15. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

In the Project Homecoming server they have 2 mod menus you can use. It's a pain in the ass to use. You can use all assets in the game so you can have invisible arms, broken textures, etc. Nothing's labeled so you have to try each one.

16. DK

DK Premium

Has ScriptHookV stopped working for anyone here? I tried booting up GTA V to have a look at the new cars only to get a near-instant CTD.

17. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Wasn't there a new update? Every update breaks it. You'll have to wait for the scripthook developers to update it. It'll take a couple days

18. Snorevette

Snorevette

Anyone else play FiveM? I've barely touched GTA proper since I started using it - been having a lot of fun on the Project Homecoming server, there's loads of cool custom cars and rebalanced classes and it all makes for probably the best racing I've ever seen in GTA.

19. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I love Project Homecoming. It brought me back to GTAV. The people on there are actually really nice too

Snorevette likes this.
  20. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I want to join Jeff Favignano's OCRP server but I'm not sure my computer can handle it since I was already having issues offline. Need to upgrade first.

21. Snorevette

Snorevette

What's your name on the discord? We should race sometime.

22. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I'm in their Discord, Project WHaT. I'm not that good at GTA racing lol

23. Dan

Dan Premium

This mod actually looks pretty neat. There seems to be a few bugs and awkward scenarios, but I like the idea anyway and it could definitely work as a PvE mode online. Some of the randomized outfits look pretty nice, too.

24. McRae555

McRae555

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20832 and Dan like this.
  25. jus1029

jus1029 Premium

Are all of those private files?