Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - Mods Thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 720 comments
upload_2017-8-7_12-30-43.png

046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc5cab6ef1d1b1ab.jpg

This is incredible...

So I installed this and........holy crap. I'll post some screens tonight.

Anyway, updated the game last night along with the simple trainer and somehow my disappearing textures problem is fixed. So that's good. But now when I try to spawn the classic Skyline (R32) as soon as I try to get into it, it disappears. :irked: Not sure what's going on there.

But now when I try to spawn the classic Skyline (R32) as soon as I try to get into it, it disappears.

I've heard reports from other PC players that sometimes DLC vehicles will disappear on purpose when spawned in singleplayer. Take a guess as to why. ;)

So I installed this and........holy crap. I'll post some screens tonight.

Anyway, updated the game last night along with the simple trainer and somehow my disappearing textures problem is fixed. So that's good. But now when I try to spawn the classic Skyline (R32) as soon as I try to get into it, it disappears. :irked: Not sure what's going on there.
As Dan said, the DLC cars are set to despawn in singleplayer. Thanks, Rockstar :rolleyes:

I've gone around it by using a setting in the trainer that I use (Enhanced Native Trainer update 34) that has a toggle option in the Miscellaneous tab which disables the DLC cars from despawning. I'm not sure if any other menus have that same option.

The only other method I know of is using this mod.

I would assume you can get around it by manually installing them? Wondering if this is a side effect of the whole OpenIV thing.

Curiously though, I was putting around in the Rumpo Custom and it was fine. Isn't that a DLC car?

I would assume you can get around it by manually installing them? Wondering if this is a side effect of the whole OpenIV thing.

Curiously though, I was putting around in the Rumpo Custom and it was fine. Isn't that a DLC car?
Manually installing all the DLC cars sounds way too tedious as opposed to the single file you would have to drag and drop into your GTA V folder.
Rockstar imposed the despawning system for DLC cars way before the Take2 & OpenIV fiasco.

As for the Rumpo Custom, it is one of the cars not set to despawn in SP. I don't exactly know when and which DLCs Rockstar chose to mess with the cars, but the full list can be found in the description of the mod I linked.

300iBxC.png

but the full list can be found in the description of the mod I linked.
Sorry couldn't look at it, site is blocked at work. It's not a huge deal, I'll look into it further when I get around to it. Tonight's agenda is getting a police car installed and ELS working.

Sorry couldn't look at it, site is blocked at work. It's not a huge deal, I'll look into it further when I get around to it. Tonight's agenda is getting a police car installed and ELS working.
No problem :)👍
I'm also going to try out some new cop cars and a bunch of plugins since I re-installed LSPDFR yesterday.
Can't wait to see what it looks like with NaturalVision Remastered.

Did you install it?
Yes, but I only tried it with my secondary modded GTA V without LSPDFR. It looked great even on my potato of a PC.
I'll also have to try the LA Roads mod. From the screenshots I've seen it really makes the scenery pop as opposed to the vanilla GTA V road textures that look dull.

Yep, on the new ban system they definitely will get me banned. Makes sense though. Oh well.

Yes, but I only tried it with my secondary modded GTA V without LSPDFR. It looked great even on my potato of a PC.
I'll also have to try the LA Roads mod. From the screenshots I've seen it really makes the scenery pop as opposed to the vanilla GTA V road textures that look dull.
I haven't done any of the LSPDFR stuff yet, which is weird seeing as I spend way too much time watching people play it. I just want to install a car and get ELS working so I can mess around.

Well got around to installing the police car tonight and what do you know there's a game update. So everything I've done the last couple days I have to re-do because the game won't launch without a new update.rpf folder. :irked:

Anyone know how to turn auto updates off in steam for GTAV?

Edit: Locked out of the game until a new Scripthook update. Just great.

error.jpg

Last edited:
You can't turn them off completely. Sadly, if you got it off steam, you can't launch it without the steam launcher either, so you can't circumvent updating by launching directly from the R* launcher.

You can't turn them off completely. Sadly, if you got it off steam, you can't launch it without the steam launcher either, so you can't circumvent updating by launching directly from the R* launcher.
Is there a way to revert to the previous version? Don't want to wait around for the new scripthook release, could take a while.

One way to avoid updates is to make a copy of your GTA V game folder. Rename the modded and have the vanilla one named normally. Whenever you play, just swap names. When there's an update, switch the names back so the vanilla one has the stock name. This way, the vanilla will get updated.

The only way to revert back is to use the back ups you've obviously made as per the precautions from every mod. ;)

I hadn't touched my LSPDFR folder after the update until the latest script hook was released so I could avoid all the problems with the update messing with mods, but it seems like that didn't matter anyway because it won't work now.

For the last 2 days I've been trying to get it to work. I did a fresh install with all the latest files (Rage Plugin Hook, Script hook, LSPDFR & plugins), but there was just too many problems every time I tried to get it to work.
  • Rage Plugin Hook would crash every time I tried to save its settings
  • On the off chance that it actually launched, it didn't save my settings
  • No LSPDFR plugins were loaded on launch and weren't found when I tried to load them
  • Trainers, FOV & clothing mod menu all worked once then didn't work again
  • Rage Plugin Hook launches the game, but then I get an error saying "GTA V has exited unexpectedly"
  • The game doesn't launch anymore as I get that error every time I try

I'll try a couple more times, but if it doesn't work then I give up :grumpy:

Last edited:
Hopefully I don't have any issues, haven't installed the new script hook yet. Only mods I have installed though are trainers and the graphics mod.

I had the graphics mod, trainers, and a couple of the optional mods that changed the vegetation. The update broke the update.rpf and I didn't have a backup so I ended up just reinstalling everything. I'm going to start backing up GTA V now.

Open IV asked me if I wanted to replace the update.rpf so I did that and just reinstalled the few mods that I had. That's when the whole thing went down with the script hook being out of date. Haven't installed it or tried to start the game yet. Will do that tonight.

Back