Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - Mods Thread

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by JASON_ROCKS1998, Apr 23, 2015.

1. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

Sorry for double post but @jus1029 are these available to download?

2. jus1029

jus1029 Premium

ToyGTone likes this.
  3. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

This is incredible...

nickf1gr, ToyGTone, DK and 2 others like this.
  4. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

5. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

So I installed this and........holy crap. I'll post some screens tonight.

Anyway, updated the game last night along with the simple trainer and somehow my disappearing textures problem is fixed. So that's good. But now when I try to spawn the classic Skyline (R32) as soon as I try to get into it, it disappears. :irked: Not sure what's going on there.

6. Dan

Dan Premium

I've heard reports from other PC players that sometimes DLC vehicles will disappear on purpose when spawned in singleplayer. Take a guess as to why. ;)

7. ViscousTraction

ViscousTraction

As Dan said, the DLC cars are set to despawn in singleplayer. Thanks, Rockstar :rolleyes:

I've gone around it by using a setting in the trainer that I use (Enhanced Native Trainer update 34) that has a toggle option in the Miscellaneous tab which disables the DLC cars from despawning. I'm not sure if any other menus have that same option.

The only other method I know of is using this mod.

Dan likes this.
  8. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I would assume you can get around it by manually installing them? Wondering if this is a side effect of the whole OpenIV thing.

Curiously though, I was putting around in the Rumpo Custom and it was fine. Isn't that a DLC car?

9. ViscousTraction

ViscousTraction

Manually installing all the DLC cars sounds way too tedious as opposed to the single file you would have to drag and drop into your GTA V folder.
    Rockstar imposed the despawning system for DLC cars way before the Take2 & OpenIV fiasco.

As for the Rumpo Custom, it is one of the cars not set to despawn in SP. I don't exactly know when and which DLCs Rockstar chose to mess with the cars, but the full list can be found in the description of the mod I linked.

[​IMG]

10. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Sorry couldn't look at it, site is blocked at work. It's not a huge deal, I'll look into it further when I get around to it. Tonight's agenda is getting a police car installed and ELS working.

11. ViscousTraction

ViscousTraction

No problem :):tup:
    I'm also going to try out some new cop cars and a bunch of plugins since I re-installed LSPDFR yesterday.
    Can't wait to see what it looks like with NaturalVision Remastered.

12. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Did you install it?

13. ViscousTraction

ViscousTraction

Yes, but I only tried it with my secondary modded GTA V without LSPDFR. It looked great even on my potato of a PC.
    I'll also have to try the LA Roads mod. From the screenshots I've seen it really makes the scenery pop as opposed to the vanilla GTA V road textures that look dull.

14. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

NVR can be ran online without causing the ban hammer right?

15. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I don't think so, but don't quote me on that. Anyways, better safe than sorry.

16. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Yep, on the new ban system they definitely will get me banned. Makes sense though. Oh well.

17. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I haven't done any of the LSPDFR stuff yet, which is weird seeing as I spend way too much time watching people play it. I just want to install a car and get ELS working so I can mess around.

ViscousTraction likes this.
  18. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Well got around to installing the police car tonight and what do you know there's a game update. So everything I've done the last couple days I have to re-do because the game won't launch without a new update.rpf folder. :irked:

Anyone know how to turn auto updates off in steam for GTAV?

Edit: Locked out of the game until a new Scripthook update. Just great.

error.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Dan likes this.
  19. jus1029

jus1029 Premium

It's been a while since I did a cinematic like this...

TheNuvolari likes this.
  20. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Right click the game > Properties > Updates

21. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Did that, didn't see where you could turn them off completely.

22. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

You can't turn them off completely. Sadly, if you got it off steam, you can't launch it without the steam launcher either, so you can't circumvent updating by launching directly from the R* launcher.

23. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Is there a way to revert to the previous version? Don't want to wait around for the new scripthook release, could take a while.

24. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

One way to avoid updates is to make a copy of your GTA V game folder. Rename the modded and have the vanilla one named normally. Whenever you play, just swap names. When there's an update, switch the names back so the vanilla one has the stock name. This way, the vanilla will get updated.

The only way to revert back is to use the back ups you've obviously made as per the precautions from every mod. ;)

25. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Guess I'm stuck waiting.

26. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

27. ViscousTraction

ViscousTraction

I hadn't touched my LSPDFR folder after the update until the latest script hook was released so I could avoid all the problems with the update messing with mods, but it seems like that didn't matter anyway because it won't work now.

For the last 2 days I've been trying to get it to work. I did a fresh install with all the latest files (Rage Plugin Hook, Script hook, LSPDFR & plugins), but there was just too many problems every time I tried to get it to work.
    • Rage Plugin Hook would crash every time I tried to save its settings
    • On the off chance that it actually launched, it didn't save my settings
    • No LSPDFR plugins were loaded on launch and weren't found when I tried to load them
    • Trainers, FOV & clothing mod menu all worked once then didn't work again
    • Rage Plugin Hook launches the game, but then I get an error saying "GTA V has exited unexpectedly"
    • The game doesn't launch anymore as I get that error every time I try

I'll try a couple more times, but if it doesn't work then I give up :grumpy:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  28. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Hopefully I don't have any issues, haven't installed the new script hook yet. Only mods I have installed though are trainers and the graphics mod.

29. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I had the graphics mod, trainers, and a couple of the optional mods that changed the vegetation. The update broke the update.rpf and I didn't have a backup so I ended up just reinstalling everything. I'm going to start backing up GTA V now.

30. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Open IV asked me if I wanted to replace the update.rpf so I did that and just reinstalled the few mods that I had. That's when the whole thing went down with the script hook being out of date. Haven't installed it or tried to start the game yet. Will do that tonight.