Gravel: New Off-Road Racer Coming to PS4, XB1 & PC Early 2018

Milestone and their 'niche' racers are taking very good advantage of the lack of traditional arcade racers on the current Gen, i.e Burnouts, Blur, Pure, NFSs, MotorStorms, Outruns, Split/Second, I wish Disney/Blackrock studios were about now as the graphics were very good back in the day but I am sure the talented staff are still in gaming.

I also wonder what the new EVO/Codies team are working on, it wouldn't surprise me they will be tapping in to this market after Driveclub with so many serious 'sims' about now. I think there is quite a market for 'Fun' Driving Arcade games inc VR add ons right now for sales.

Slightly off subject but they really should also offer 'discounts' on New digital releases now to give a big push for Digital Download Sales rather than be more expensive than Blu-RayDVDs costing more to produce and distribute! I can see the Blu-ray/DVD quickly dying out now PS4 will have the option for external HDD 8TB.:irked:

Last edited:

Official! Seems like an arcade Rally Raid, Rally Cross kind a game 👍 Coming summer 2017 and using the unreal engine.

Milestone is stepping up their game.
-----

Official website: http://gravelvideogame.com/

Gravel will offer an experience unique to its kind: Milestone’s pedigree in simulation is valued here with physics grounded in reality, but fun will be the main focus, among wild drifting on the different terrains, crazy jumps and impossible maneuvers.

The variety of powerful vehicles, from trophy trucks to rally legends, will offer many different approaches to the driving experience, and the wide offer of environments will have you strapped in for an unforgettable world tour.

Among deserts, jungles and snowy mountains you will have to shine in each and every discipline, whether it’s the wide open maps of the Cross Country or the narrow tracks of the Speed Cross. Become the ultimate Master or take part in some wild competition in the online game modes: Gravel will always have some fun ready for you!

Photomode: included (question is only how advanced it will be this time)

Game Modes:
  • Wild Rush
  • Cross Country
  • Speed Cross
  • Stadium Circuit
  • Gravel Channel
12_Screen_Gravel.jpg

08_Screen_Gravel.jpg

07_Screen_Gravel.jpg

13_Screen_Gravel.jpg

Last edited:
After playing SLRE, I'm confident this will hopefully be great game to play. Hopefully it has as good a variety of cars to use as SLRE does and there's a good variety of tracks to race on.

Best part of the news is that the in-house graphics engine has been binned and replaced with Unreal 4 (which is also the case for the next MXGP title from them).

That has been a very good decision to go with UE4. Next to that they have acquired the Porsche license as well. See Redbull article for that.

Do you also think that MXGP2 looks more polished than Gravel atm?

I agree! In the past it has been hit and miss with a lot of their games but the since this generation the quality really seems to have improved.

As for the comparision between MXGP2 and Gravel. I saw that Gravel is in Alpha and I asume that it will recieve some more polish.

Interesting thing in Redbull article is that they capture offroad cars from 1970 up to 2017 with over 50 vehicles. Really looking forward to that list of cars 👍

The photo mode snippet shown during the MXGP 3 portion looks better than MXGP 2 though mostly due to the improved draw distance and modelling of terrain as well as bikes/riders. I think it'll be an improvement overall.

Wow I'm excite, as much as i love more realistic physics I'm really missing an exciting arcade racer.
So in the summer we will have Gravel versus Dirt. Could be interesting in terms of content how this will turn out. I expect Dirt to be more polished all around but Milestone could beat them in terms of content. A bit similar like Dirt Rally versus SLRE.
We should expect that, but maybe with the UR engine things will be different. Having played Rocket League for so long which uses the unreal engine, i can tell from those screenshots that it is the same engine. This Gen is shaping up to be great for racers.

Very interesting quote from the Red Bull article:

Gravel features more than 50 of the best offroad vehicles ever created. We basically have the finest selection of cars from the ‘70s to 2017, including Group B rally cars, American trophy trucks, cross-country vehicles, rallycross cars, Group S prototypes, some brand-new vehicles such as the 2017 Abarth 124 and legendary brands such as Ford, Lancia, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Renault, Chevrolet, BMW and many more. And let me show off a little bit; we also got Porsche! When they said “yes” after reading the game design documents, it felt like Christmas day.

This sounds really fun, I've been waiting years for a Dakar style rally game, the dunes in the video look fun. I'll definitely be buying this (a month after release when it's half price).

Edit: Beaten to it by hours

Last edited:
A little bonus for us American racers, Milestone is trying for a GLOBAL RELEASE no more waiting 4 plus months

The graphics are slowly getting better each time and this shot from Seb Loeb shows they are not far behind Dirt Rally now edit: MXGP2 has great graphics 👍
You're not serious are you? The graphics in SLR sucked. The car models were modeled all wrong.. :P sure the environmental graphics look good, but the cars do not. Just look at that Peugeot you first start with. It was enough for me to uninstall the game. :crazy:

Back