Great Driving Songs

• Thread starter CliveH
  • 36 comments
Hardfloor.

Any song. They all sound similar.

Reason why I think it suits driving - Instrumental. Constant BPM.

Last edited:
There's this great 60's/70's Psychedelic playlist on Spotify that I've been listening to recently. It's great when I'm getting burned out my usual music and I want to be hit with some amazing hidden gems. For it's time the music was very derivative of American psychedelic rock but now we're so far removed from that time period that many of these songs feel like rock classics from an alternate dimensional timeline.

60s/70s International Psychadelic Rock

There's this great 60's/70's Psychedelic playlist on Spotify that I've been listening to recently. It's great when I'm getting burned out my usual music and I want to be hit with some amazing hidden gems. For it's time the music was very derivative of American psychedelic rock but now we're so far removed from that time period that many of these songs feel like rock classics from an alternate dimensional timeline.

60s/70s International Psychadelic Rock

Fantastic stuff mate, funkylicious.

I Usually drive to some Portuguese light/rock, punk, or third wave ska. Its a pity we can't change the playlist of the game itself though :(

Its a blast to duel out on the sunset to this

Some of my recent faves to race with are

Anything by lamb of god, pantera, machine head and slayer as well as old metallica and megadeth. Really though, anything with a good driving beat or that puts you in that special mood for being behind the wheel....

I have a whole trance playlist set on my youtube for whenever I decide to play some GTSport.

Yea I have a few go-to Spotify playlists I use for GT sport.

I typically use my own personal Americana/Country playlist which I listen to at work and all the time IRL. Sometimes for GT Sport I switch to "Nuits D'hiver" which has a lot of soft electonica and french music which I find pretty chill for putting laps in. Also Spotify has a playlist called "Chill Instrumental Beats" which is exactly what it's called, also good for just putting practice laps in

I've been listening to a Perturbator playlist on Spotify while doing my F1 2018 career, it's synthwave electronic music. It's mostly fast paced with some cyberpunk vibes, it fits perfectly with racing games imo.

Last edited:
I'm not at all into "eurodance" but I ran across Pandora recently. Also VyPole has been a favorite of mine for awhile now.

VBR
It's a shame that the User BGM function was dropped for GTS...

:(

You can turn the BGM off and link your Spotify to your PS4(there’s a Spotify app for PS4) and have your own music playing in the background controlled by your phone, it works quite well actually. :)

You can turn the BGM off and link your Spotify to your PS4(there’s a Spotify app for PS4) and have your own music playing in the background controlled by your phone, it works quite well actually. :)

I haven't got Spotify, & don't want it either. It's yet another way of siphoning more money out of our wallets (maybe that's why they dropped AAC/MP3 support on PS4).

VBR
I haven't got Spotify, & don't want it either. It's yet another way of siphoning more money out of our wallets (maybe that's why they dropped AAC/MP3 support on PS4).

You can also use the USB music player. If you set it to 'Races Only', it will only play during races and replays, and will resume the menu music once you head back there. It's about the closest thing to user BGM there is, but I feel like it would've been made better if it skipped to a new track every time you started a race, and if it paused when the game is paused.

You can also use the USB music player. If you set it to 'Races Only', it will only play during races and replays, and will resume the menu music once you head back there. It's about the closest thing to user BGM there is...

I didn't know that. I guess it's not so bad then...

:)

Latest Posts

Back