Greatest toon

Messages
1,819
Messages
MikeyDLuffy
Messages
Never !!
My favourite cartoon ever was Teenage mutant hero turtles. It had a huge cast of characters and storylines to match. Does anyone out there have a difference in opinion?
 
G.I. Joe
Robotech
Voltron
Transformers
Smurfs 👍
Inspector Gadget
Bugs Bunny

Man, back then we didn't have a "Cartoon Network," we had to get up at the butt crack of dawn on Saturday morning to watch our favorite cartoons. :)
 
boombexus
G.I. Joe
Robotech
Voltron
Transformers
Smurfs 👍
Inspector Gadget
Bugs Bunny

Man, back then we didn't have a "Cartoon Network," we had to get up at the butt crack of dawn on Saturday morning to watch our favorite cartoons. :)

I find cartoons were much better back in the day. Even the presenter's had more style than their modern counterparts.
 
the best toons ever were the short toons that Tex Avery made for MGM in the late 40s and early 50s. He created Droopy, The Wolf, , that damn crazy squirrel, and the "stuff of the future" series, and also made unprecedented cartoons like those swing shift cinderella and Red Hot Riding Hood, where cinderella and the hood whre night club girls. He played with sound, animation, and made cartoon more wicked than even today, but not grotesque, his toons had great tatse but were totally CRAZY. His gags are still used today, but they dont make you laugh as much. Tex Avery was the greatest genius in cartoons (Chuck Jones my balls) but he doesn't get the recognition he truly deserves.
 
My vote goes to Rocko's Modern Life.

I love all the bits and pieces it had directed at a more mature audience, details that at the same time would fly right over the kids, though maybe not the network sometimes.
Plus, RML was all about the show.
 
Cano
the best toons ever were the short toons that Tex Avery made for MGM in the late 40s and early 50s. He created Droopy, The Wolf, , that damn crazy squirrel, and the "stuff of the future" series, and also made unprecedented cartoons like those swing shift cinderella and Red Hot Riding Hood, where cinderella and the hood whre night club girls. He played with sound, animation, and made cartoon more wicked than even today, but not grotesque, his toons had great tatse but were totally CRAZY. His gags are still used today, but they dont make you laugh as much. Tex Avery was the greatest genius in cartoons (Chuck Jones my balls) but he doesn't get the recognition he truly deserves.

:sad: I didn't get to see much of Tex Avery but yes they were great cartoons as well as the stuff from Chuck Jones.

I think my Fave out of the ones posted so far was probably BOTS Masters. I've seen all the ones people posted so I won't add the same list.

I think there's already thread like this too.

:D:tup:
 
TEX AVERY!

He was the guy who brought you those classic cartoons like "House, Car, Kitchen of Tomorrow." I also loved his Droopy and Spike cartoons. He also did the "The Modern Day Hunter, Fisherman" as well a bunch of general cartoons like the "The First Bad Man of Texas" and cartoons that had Wolfs in it. He was the one who always picking on the Mother-in-law. The family of taxi cabs was also his. The kid wants to be a hot rod, and ends up getting hit by the train.

Super Chicken
George of the Jungle
Wacky Speed Racers
Scooby Doo
Voltron
Smurfs
Speed Racer
Flintstones
Duck Tales
Transformers
Tom & Jerry
Inspector Gadget
Bugs Bunny
Goofy
Donald Duck
Daffy Duck (The original Daffy, and not the gay "prissy" Daffy)
Popey
Porky Pig
Sylvester & Tweety
Spider Man
The Wonder Twins
Simpsons
Beavis & Butthead
Futurama
Family Guy
 
My favorite toon is The Simpsons. But some of the best are, Rockos Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Catdog, Spongebob Squarepants, Ummm, I can't think of any more. Too bad most of these shows arnt on network TV very much now, but theyre always on cable.
 
I have to watch Sponge Bob Square Pants, Dora The Explorer, Rugrats, Max & Ruby and The Fairly Odd Parents because they're my boys favorite cartoons. Honest, I don't really like them, but I have no choice.
 
Back