GRID 2019

So quick question if anyone knows, are the GRID edition cars from the Deluxe pack just livery differences? and what are the seasons 1-3 for?

So quick question if anyone knows, are the GRID edition cars from the Deluxe pack just livery differences? and what are the seasons 1-3 for?

Only livery. But they are listed as different car. This cars give you boost to XP points which is "minor"

Seasons 1-3 is the Season pass for 3 seasons. First one is Hot Hatches, second one are Supercars and third Hypercars.
Note that only new cars are paid as DLC and all tracks will be free.

Only livery. But they are listed as different car. This cars give you boost to XP points which is "minor"

Seasons 1-3 is the Season pass for 3 seasons. First one is Hot Hatches, second one are Supercars and third Hypercars.
Note that only new cars are paid as DLC and all tracks will be free.

Free tracks are fine but the cars are disappointing. I want classic gt1 cars, lmp1, lmp2, group c, fia gt1 and other awesome catagories as dlc.

I dont mind the hot hatches but why supercars or hypercars.

I hope the tracks make me decide otherwise. Remember Grid 1 and its awesome categories and tracks that with it I mean we even got Lemans series. Imagine the WEC!!

Free tracks are fine but the cars are disappointing. I want classic gt1 cars, lmp1, lmp2, group c, fia gt1 and other awesome catagories as dlc.

I dont mind the hot hatches but why supercars or hypercars.

I hope the tracks make me decide otherwise. Remember Grid 1 and its awesome categories and tracks that with it I mean we even got Lemans series. Imagine the WEC!!

I would also prefer race car DLC's but this is what we get first. Also Hypercars could be track versions of Hypercars (P1 GTR, FXXK, Vulcan, Zonda R) it could be some kind of modern GT1 race.

I do hope they are race cars though, Clio Cup and Megane Trophy for Hot Hatch will be better than standard road cars.

While watching the RX-7 4K footage, I was impressed by the interior shots. The driver shifting gears is commonplace for racing games, but I saw the driver move his foot from the throttle to the brake pedal during a downshift. 👍 Nice detail.

I just can't decide if I am gonna like this or not......
Same. I keep comparing it to FM7 but theres no real contest. Yes I get it, this is geared to a more arcade type( even though most people say forza is simcade itself) and appeals to a slightly different audience but man idk about this game especially with the lack of cars and tracks. Forza literally has 12x more cars, 3x more tracks and is way more polished though it does have its share of bugs that they never fixed. I hope the DLC for this game is done the right way and adds some more depth to this game. It does look fun cant take that away though.

Well for me, I like GT Sport but not as chill racer with chasecam I like cars and I like to see them but in GT It's to hard to drive them with that view that's what I liked on Driveclub, and I miss a game like that these days on PS4. FORZA is good for that to but not for PS4. So I am hoping some sort of Driveclub replacement as a casual fun racer not to serious but still nice cars nice sounds nice graphics and chasecam gaming......

I'm not comparing this to GTS/PC2/AC. Looking at it as is, I like what it's offering. This "reboot" is cool to me. Same as me wanting a reboot of ToCA1. CM have pretty much done that with this game. Some may not like this and want something fresh, there are those that don't mind this and those that were looking for a game like this today.

Being able to tailor the experience to what I want, is a plus. The TCR & BTCC cars tick the boxes. Not taking this one seriously. Should be fun.

I'm not comparing this to GTS/PC2/AC. Looking at it as is, I like what it's offering. This "reboot" is cool to me. Same as me wanting a reboot of ToCA1. CM have pretty much done that with this game. Some may not like this and want something fresh, there are those that don't mind this and those that were looking for a game like this today.

Being able to tailor the experience to what I want, is a plus. The TCR & BTCC cars tick the boxes. Not taking this one seriously. Should be fun.
I think it's difficult for people to understand why Grid is different from similar-looking games if they haven't actually played any of the previous entries. Based on trailers and gameplay alone, I can understand why it looks same-y. And to be fair Codemasters probably could be marketing it much better than they are.

I think of Grid as a sort of action-motorsport series. It has some of the best AI in any racing game I've played, certainly better than any sim I've played. You could play on normal settings and try to plow through into first, but if you turn the difficulty up to a level that can give you an actual challenge, it's amazing. I've never played another game where the AI is three-wide on the straight leading up the hill at Mount Panorama. You can sit behind two cars fighting each other and just wait for things to unravel. It just feels so unpredictable that you can have a "good" race even without winning. I just don't have those kind of races against AI in any other game.

I think it's difficult for people to understand why Grid is different from similar-looking games if they haven't actually played any of the previous entries. Based on trailers and gameplay alone, I can understand why it looks same-y. And to be fair Codemasters probably could be marketing it much better than they are.

I think of Grid as a sort of action-motorsport series. It has some of the best AI in any racing game I've played, certainly better than any sim I've played. You could play on normal settings and try to plow through into first, but if you turn the difficulty up to a level that can give you an actual challenge, it's amazing. I've never played another game where the AI is three-wide on the straight leading up the hill at Mount Panorama. You can sit behind two cars fighting each other and just wait for things to unravel. It just feels so unpredictable that you can have a "good" race even without winning. I just don't have those kind of races against AI in any other game.
I've had fantastic races against AI, in PC1 & PC2. I never tried GRID, but in GAS, I did experience something a bit different. AI didn't let up. I had to earn that position after making a pass.

I've had fantastic races against AI, in PC1 & PC2. I never tried GRID, but in GAS, I did experience something a bit different. AI didn't let up. I had to earn that position after making a pass.
Sorry I didn't clarify, Autosport is the one I've played the most so that's where those experiences came from actually.

I really tried to give PC2 a chance for running races against the AI, especially considering how many options there are for custom races. But I had issues on certain sections of certain tracks where the AI was impossibly quicker even in identical cars with the default setup, then I found out that they use a "simplified tyre model", and I got frustrated from that, and just not being able to find a setting that consistently gave me an even challenge.

I know that all sounds nit-picky but it was a situation where I was spending more time messing with settings than actually racing. Also the one time I tried to do an endurance race, a lower-class car wouldn't follow blue flag rules and put me in the wall over an hour into the race. So you could say the AI in that game has left a bad taste in my mouth, although I might have expected too much of it.

Sorry I didn't clarify, Autosport is the one I've played the most so that's where those experiences came from actually.

I really tried to give PC2 a chance for running races against the AI, especially considering how many options there are for custom races. But I had issues on certain sections of certain tracks where the AI was impossibly quicker even in identical cars with the default setup, then I found out that they use a "simplified tyre model", and I got frustrated from that, and just not being able to find a setting that consistently gave me an even challenge.

I know that all sounds nit-picky but it was a situation where I was spending more time messing with settings than actually racing. Also the one time I tried to do an endurance race, a lower-class car wouldn't follow blue flag rules and put me in the wall over an hour into the race. So you could say the AI in that game has left a bad taste in my mouth, although I might have expected too much of it.
I love both pCARS games and am generally happy with the AI, but I find one major let down is how rubbish they are off the line, and it doesn't really matter how hard you set them. You can make up far too many places at the start, and playing F1 these days CM seem to have nailed that aspect. I expect the same for GRID.

It's the lack of tracks that is putting me off a bit though.

I love both pCARS games and am generally happy with the AI, but I find one major let down is how rubbish they are off the line, and it doesn't really matter how hard you set them. You can make up far too many places at the start, and playing F1 these days CM seem to have nailed that aspect. I expect the same for GRID.

It's the lack of tracks that is putting me off a bit though.
Absolutely. I love Assetto Corsa's physics but the AI has the same issue. Everyone becomes very slow and cautious when things get crowded. Or specially for Assetto Corsa, I've noticed the AI will rarely go for a pass on me when they're substantially quicker, even with the aggression turned all the way up.

I know it's not the biggest deal, but is there any videos showing the livery editor? Even if that's not the focus of the video

I know it's not the biggest deal, but is there any videos showing the livery editor? Even if that's not the focus of the video

FailRace made a preview video that showcase little bit of livery editing. It starts at about 8 minutes mark.

Nothing new to the veterans of the series, although I don't think it's possible to change sponsors this time around.

FailRace made a preview video that showcase little bit of livery editing. It starts at about 8 minutes mark.

Nothing new to the veterans of the series, although I don't think it's possible to change sponsors this time around.

Maybe all the licensing for the sponsors havent gone through yet? Might be able to change them once the game finally goes green

Exactly, I have never had so much fun trying to eek out a top 5 or maybe even a podium than I have in GAS. I don't get any enjoyment from being able to blow through a pack of cars because I know exactly where they are and what they are going to do. With this AI you never know what is going to happen. Sure the track list is sparse, but I have probably played nearly 100 seasons of codies F1 games since they got the series and we all know how rare it is that the tracks change in F1 so track repetition isn't a deal breaker for me. Besides, maybe some favorites will be added later, I have my pre-order in and can't wait!

If anyone here is on Xbox and fancies some multiplayer, my club will begin hosting GRID sessions in a few week’s time :)

The rear on all the cars is really loose (yes I can play now.) wow. It I have no confidence at all anything will stick.

Back