GRID 2019

While support for GRID 2019 has ceased, the GRID franchise isn't dead (Source)

GRID’s community has been at the heart of all the tweaks and changes made since launch and despite Season 3 being the final season of GRID, every bit of feedback – whether that’s from the Codemasters Forums or across the web – will be passed on for future entries in the series.

Why bother with GRID as a series by this point?

I guess the consequences of trying to monopolize the racing game industry means that Codies is going to have to cut bait with one franchise, especially since Ian's cantankerous nature means that PCARS *has* to be number 1, and by this point, GRID as a series, and PCARS 3 are the same type of game.

Considering how GRID 2019 turned out, does anyone actually care for the series if they made another one with the bridges that they burned in making a thoroughly average game *at best*?

I bought it on a discount used, and I honestly don't know what to think about it. It's not great, three hours in most aspects of it aren't as good as any number of previous entries, but I don't hate it. I didn't care for the handling from go, but the oval car race in the intro made me yell many swears in confusion, for other cars it's at least manageable though.

At this moment, away from the game, I can't recall anything else standing out aside from the AI still getting less aware of the player with each new game. I wasn't expecting anything amazing, but...it just exists. I hated GRID 2, but still powered through to the end, Autosport stood out for it's it's own reasons even if it bored me immediately, 2019 is just there. I'll try to force myself through it, and GA while I'm at it, but I have no want to.

So is the consensus here that it's not worth it even if it's on sale? I know updates are done according to CM's blog update. GRID Ultimate Edition is $15 in the Xbox store. I'm sure this won't be the last of sales.

I came back to it and turned off traction and stability controls, and I'll need to go back and play GRID 2 to confirm, but I'm certain that allowed you to at least pull out of a slide. Didn't think anything of it with the RX-7, but the Firebird I just used doesn't. In order to stop the laziest spins, you have to flick full opposite lock or let off the gas, fully off as far as I can tell. That was one of GRID 1's best quirks, this is raising my blood pressure.

Also, love that you can effectively punt someone ahead and the point system will still reward you, but an AI moves over and breathes on your car and THAT is unacceptable, start from zero again scrub.

I don't think I hate it still, but it's thrown me out of the mood to play any more of it.

Got the ultimate edition for £20 a few weeks back, so disappointing. How do they make a game that has less depth than their own licensed F1 game, which is heavily restricted by only having one race series? They just slapped in the soulless GT style list of events and called it a day. I got bored about 1/3 of the way through.

Lack of tracks added to the boredom as well, so many street tracks that are impossible to race cleanly on because of their poor design combined with the agressive AI.

Don't know what happened to Codemasters since the PS2 days.

Ive just realised there was a new GRID game (2019), totally missed it. Very tempted as i used to love the grid series (not all of them), but having read this forum , im put off lol. Oh well, if i find it cheap, ill try it.
UPDATE : just bought it used for £11

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up getting the Ultimate Edition on sale, although 2 of the cars were separate from the "Ultimate edition". They were cheap, so I got those as well. (Alfa 155, Camaro - extra XP boosts).

I'd say it's an overall "ok" racing game if you are looking for something outside Forza or GT and wanted to try something "new" (new to GRID). The graphics are good on the Xbox One X, good use of HDR, looks good on night tracks, runs smooth. Playing on new tracks is something I look forward to in racing titles, big fan of seeing new environments. They are "lively" in this game. Rain, Dusk, Dawn are nice too.

How the cars handle is something to get used to, always seems like skidding into each turn, throttling the gas helps, not a problem but not a fan of this "feel". Team system is something I barely use, I'm usually in front and just tell the AI to push forward. Rinse and repeat. The "story" is something I could do without, typical championship story, but the fake excitement from the announcers are there, thankfully can skip to the race.

So I'd say the Ultimate Edition is worth it only if it's on sale. I am early in so the amount of races available seems like a good amount and then you have additional Seasons that adds more, although if you don't like a list of events type structure and just winning them all, you're not gonna like it.

Hello,

How does this current Grid drive compared to Grid Autosport (Nintendo Switch / Xbox 360 / PS3).

I really love the open wheel vehicles of Grid Autosport!

Autosport definitely has a more enjoyable driving model imo.

The only open wheel cars present are the Jedi F1000 and the Renault R26. Both are okay-ish in terms of drivability, with the F1000 car being the most enjoyable for me. Again, though, they're a bit lacking compared to Autosport's Open-wheel options.

Game just had a small update, adding support for Logitech's TrueForce and 5 new liveries.

Progress update on my side, I've finally gotten all milestones (except airtime level 2/3) and reached max prestige (4x99 levels). Only at 13000 km even after all that and still over 60 hours of oval grinding left to get the platinum trophy :crazy:

Good thing is, someone managed to find a way to "B-Spec" it ;) So it's now possible to get it without losing your sanity.

Hey guys, I'm having a serious problem with the Ultimate Edition on the PS4. I can't access seasons 1-3 from the career menu, it tells me they're locked -

I've redeemed all seasons in the PlayStation Store before downloading the game and if I go to the store it shows them as 'purchased'. I'm out of ideas here. :/

Hey guys, I'm having a serious problem with the Ultimate Edition on the PS4. I can't access seasons 1-3 from the career menu, it tells me they're locked -

I've redeemed all seasons in the PlayStation Store before downloading the game and if I go to the store it shows them as 'purchased'. I'm out of ideas here. :/

Bro the same thing happened to me I found the solution.

You gotta download the seasons individually from the addons section for this game. Dont worry you dont have to purchase them you just have to download them since you bought ultimate edition.

Worked for me and I got the cars.

Bro the same thing happened to me I found the solution.

You gotta download the seasons individually from the addons section for this game. Dont worry you dont have to purchase them you just have to download them since you bought ultimate edition.

Worked for me and I got the cars.
Thanks for the reply, I didn't do anything extra myself, the content was available when I started the game an hour later. Maybe there was some delay with tying the content to my PSN account, who knows.

Just a heads up that Grid is in the Xbox sale (but not the PSN one). Standard Edition £7.49 (Ultimate Edition £9.99)

Will probably pick it up at that price.

Career mode sounds a bit like Assetto Corsa career mode, which also has limited tracks (the DLC was added to the Special Events instead of the career). I enjoyed working through that in gradual bouts of playing. Driving model much better though of course!

Tried Autosport and 2019 to see differences in gameplay. I used the Veyron in San francisco and the Falcon in Brands Hatch.

Gameplay is very similar overall. But Autosport is much better just because a very tiny detail: it doesn't have that ludicrous kerb slide effect; it's such a pain in 2019. Cars have bigger brake distance in Autosport; tried 1 and 5 ABS setting in 2019 (AS only has one setting). Cars are easier to drift and recover in 2019, but that might be due to some hidden controller ESC like setting. Cars might have more responsive turning in 2019, meaning, they turn easier. It puzzles me because in 2019 I feel cars have more weight and aren't so nervous.

The kerb thing is the evidence they do have changed things in the physics model. But beside that, both feel very similar. Yes, you can say 2019 is more arcadish... but not that much. At the end, those differences I feel might be due to some controller settings or simply how they implemented the pad gameplay in both games.

Conclusion: they are very similar, but 2019 is worse because of the infamous kerb thing. If that happened in reality, drivers would be killed by the dozens on the 24 hours of Nurburgring.

Just a heads up that Grid is in the Xbox sale (but not the PSN one). Standard Edition £7.49 (Ultimate Edition £9.99)

Will probably pick it up at that price.

Career mode sounds a bit like Assetto Corsa career mode, which also has limited tracks (the DLC was added to the Special Events instead of the career). I enjoyed working through that in gradual bouts of playing. Driving model much better though of course!

I've just bought the Ultimate Edition, I'm really surprised that this game is so enjoyable (at least at the beginning). I remember trying it few months ago on PC but now on Xbox One X it feels so good... (same story with Dirt Rally 2.0, I'm a huge fan of the Ego Engine performance on One X :bowdown: )

Yesterday i decided to go back to this game (maybe finish all events), and it was my first time in GRID on PS5. So after playing it on base PS4 in 30 FPS and "not so good graphics" i really have a great time on GRID with full 60 FPS gameplay. It is really fun on steering wheel and it is even better in 60 fps. Too bad it is so poor with content. I really hope Codies will expand on grid, create another entry with more tracks, more cars, more game modes drifting, togue, endurace (maybe with pit stops?) and more. Make the driving model a little bit more grippy on kerbs and it will be much much better.

Yesterday i decided to go back to this game (maybe finish all events), and it was my first time in GRID on PS5. So after playing it on base PS4 in 30 FPS and "not so good graphics" i really have a great time on GRID with full 60 FPS gameplay. It is really fun on steering wheel and it is even better in 60 fps. Too bad it is so poor with content. I really hope Codies will expand on grid, create another entry with more tracks, more cars, more game modes drifting, togue, endurace (maybe with pit stops?) and more. Make the driving model a little bit more grippy on kerbs and it will be much much better.
hmmm 60fps that makes me have console envy ;-)

Just picked this up for €9,99 in the PSN. Ready tot give it another try. Wasn't to fond on the démo 1,5 years ago but hey for a small price it must be worth it

Just picked this up for €9,99 in the PSN. Ready tot give it another try. Wasn't to fond on the démo 1,5 years ago but hey for a small price it must be worth it

I paid the same and got a month or so out of it there's fun to be had, some unique tracks too. I found that the fun cars were the ones that had less grip. I would recommend turning off the hud points scoring its meaningless and blocks the field of view. Races can be a bit short so set the game to double distance in the options this way you can have recovery races as you will get bashed by the opposition (might as well turn damage off too so you can get your elbows out) lol

Last edited:
I paid the same and got a month or so out of it there's fun to be had, some unique tracks too. I found that the fun cars were the ones that had less grip. I would recommend turning off the hud points scoring its meaningless and blocks the field of view. Races can be a bit short so set the game to double distance in the options this way you can have recovery races as you will get bashed by the opposition (might as well turn damage off too so you can get your elbows out) lol

No sens of turining off damage. It is actually very hard to damage any of components of the car. Which is bad in my opinion. It is no way near damage from original GRID.

Latest Posts

Back