GRID 2019

Now, I've calmed down a decent bit from my original post, and was able to repeat the race and win it. That being said, this just such a dumb bug. Like, how is it that timing in a racing game is bugged of all things? To me, that seems like a fairly basic thing to get right, especially in the single-player portion of the game. I really cannot think of a good excuse for something like that.

Edit: I also noticed that right as I crossed the line, the game quickly switches my position from 1st to 3rd. :odd:

yeah it is really dumb bug. But to be honest i don't see it too often. I think there must be really special circumstances for it to occur. I have never had it for example.

This game looks and sounds gorgeous. It's obviously not that realistic...but is it fun to play? Considering picking it up.

Codemasters need to build a Forza Horizon competitor. I think they could really do something interesting in the space that the Crew and FH have had all to themselves for too long.

This game looks and sounds gorgeous. It's obviously not that realistic...but is it fun to play? Considering picking it up.

Codemasters need to build a Forza Horizon competitor. I think they could really do something interesting in the space that the Crew and FH have had all to themselves for too long.

I think it is fun to play. But you need to be aware that career mode is a bit repetitive.

I second this thought, and now would actually be a good time for Codies to enter this market. Since CM has acquired SMS, they will have the Project CARS franchise covered for the sim racing side of things. It would be a shame to discard a fairly well-known IP such as GRID, so they might as well use it for future arcade racing games.

At the very least, GRID could turn into a spiritual successor to the likes of Project Gotham Racing and Driveclub, primarily focused on road cars racing on closed street circuits.

Ugh, I know right? Would have been so good to use their expertise to develop such a game.

Yeah. Definately. I still hope we will see GRID like classic one. Project Cars maybe can fill this gap but still it is simulator. GRID was more arcade and action packed it still is a little bit different than PC

Codemasters need to build a Forza Horizon competitor.

Boy, can't wait for some sort of DLC ******** that underlines just how craven they are and how they have the racing game genre by the balls, in that case!

People complain about Playground having the gall to *check notes* put free cars behind timed limited events that are relatively fair and easy. I wonder how they react seeing rehashed content from previous Codemaster games jammed into DLC packs, with **** online infastructure to boot?

I like that Grid is motorsport focused, and I'm not sure if I would prefere them to take the Driveclub/PGR/ClassicNfSs path.

Interesting enough, after Sony kicked EVO, Codemasters took almost all the staff to create the Onrush dev team. And after they kicked Evo, the team got finally dispersed (so it says Paul Rustchynsky).

Funny thing is that SMS hired Rustchynsky and a least a physics engineer from Driveclub for another game apart from Project Cars. And then, Codemasters bought SMS. :lol:

I like that Grid is motorsport focused, and I'm not sure if I would prefere them to take the Driveclub/PGR/ClassicNfSs path.

My reasoning behind shifting the focus of GRID towards more casual automotive racing was to have Project CARS take over the Motorsport focused side of things while repositioning GRID enter a market that is pretty much devoid of any AAA titles right now.

My reasoning behind shifting the focus of GRID towards more casual automotive racing was to have Project CARS take over the Motorsport focused side of things while repositioning GRID enter a market that is pretty much devoid of any AAA titles right now.

I think it would be nice marketing move from Codemasters. I always had an impression that casual players who more often plays arcade racing always preferred road cars instead of motorsport cars.

I am the opposite. I would prefer Grid be only motorsport and track based. Just add all the tracks from the F1 franchise they have and a few more race cars and i am good.

I know, but I just like there is a motorsport focused arcade racer. It's a very unique concept, even more than what Driveclub represents. And the "exotic cars on nature located tracks" is my absolute favorite type of racer.

For some reason, motorsport for developers means simulation (even happened with Grid, as Autosport got more realistic), and exactly the opposite happens with road cars. Iracing, Rfactor, RaceRoom, Automobilista... full blown simulators: 0 road cars. Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Cars... simcades or games that don't quite reach the sim realm: a mix of race and road cars. Driveclub, Forza Horizon, The Crew... arcades: mostly road cars focused. I'm proud that Assetto Corsa or Grid confront those cliches.

I'm obviously talking from what I would personally like. From a commercial point of view, what you say makes a lot of sense.

I know, but I just like there is a motorsport focused arcade racer. It's a very unique concept, even more than what Driveclub represents. And the "exotic cars on nature located tracks" is my absolute favorite type of racer.

For some reason, motorsport for developers means simulation (even happened with Grid, as Autosport got more realistic), and exactly the opposite happens with road cars. Iracing, Rfactor, RaceRoom, Automobilista... full blown simulators: 0 road cars. Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Cars... simcades or games that don't quite reach the sim realm: a mix of race and road cars. Driveclub, Forza Horizon, The Crew... arcades: mostly road cars focused. I'm proud that Assetto Corsa or Grid confront those cliches.

I'm obviously talking from what I would personally like. From a commercial point of view, what you say makes a lot of sense.

Fully agreed with everything you said. In its current state, GRID has a unique place in the market by being a motorsport-focused game without going all-in on realism.

Changing the direction of GRID was just a suggestion if the execs in the Codies boardroom had a hard time justifying two track-based racing games existing alongside each other. If the series was to continue following its current trajectory of taking a more casual approach to virtual motorsport, I would still be interested in the GRID franchise.

Is it true that codemasters doesn't have the license for mclaren cars? cuase its a little weird there are no mlcrean cars in grid 2019

No f1
no p1
no senna
no 720
no gt3

Anyone know if its true? cause that would explain it.

What's everyone's favorite track/car combo?

My has to be

The SRT Viper at San Fancisco short circuit its one of my favorite tracks overall but i love using the viper there the most.

I don't mind GRID being an arcade/simcade racer. IMO the problem is Codies has been trying to reinvent the wheel too many times when the original formula in Race Driver GRID was already near perfect. Physics wise they went from being perfect simcade (RDG), to a Burnout/Ridge Racer drifter (G2), to a slightly more difficult simcade (GAS) and now we have cars with fixed suspension, boatload of understeer and kerbs of death in GRID 2019. Meanwhile career mode has been simplified and content has been recycled over and over. I just went back and watched some videos of GRID 2 and the tuning aspect of the online portion of that game has more depth than the entirety of GRID 2019. Not to mention more detailed livery editor and the ability to choose sponsors with different perks. If this is a Milestone game I would understand, but from a studio that has such a long history of racing games, it's just a poor effort.

I would be happy if Grid just took all the F1 tracks and allowed you to use different types of cars, including road cars. Sadly I don't think modern Codies is that generous.

I would love some other developers to get into the arcade motorsport space and give us something more generous. Milestone, Kylotonn or Bugbear could do something great.

@PJTierney is the social media manager for Dirt, not Grid.

I work for the council but if you complain to me about your bins, or your council house, or your rent, I can't help you but I'll point you in the direction the people who can. PJ said he would ask, and he obviously did as James from Codies got back to Rebellion. You are harassing PJ for something he has no control over.
This is correct, I don't work on GRID directly. My main focus is social media for DiRT Rally 2.0, and content creation for F1 2020.

If this issue still isn't resolved, let me know, but I did make the relevant people aware at the time.

If the person wants to go down the more formal route, custservice@codemasters.com is a good place to start.

Back