• Thread starter mister dog
  • 122 comments

mister dog

(Banned)
Belgium
Spain
misterdog
misterdog7
This so we can share bugs if we encounter them, and help codies patch whats needed.

• There is definitely a sound bug, i drive interior view so don't know if it's with all the camera angles but on PS3 (also on other platforms?); the sound starts to shift the whole time during races. The volume of your engine is muted first and then goes back to normal again and so on. Has happened to me a couple of times already and in one race i had it consistently happening for the biggest part of it.
  • There's an externally mounted camera view in replay that looks back at the driver in the Indycars, sort of like it was mounted around the front suspension/front wheel area. From the camera, the car has no driver. Spooky...!
  • Male rivals were announced as "she"
  • Grip and FF effects are different in qualifying and race (noticed that in the first open wheeler event, T500 no aids) don't know if that is meant to be . Can we have this confirmed, i'm stuck with a pad at the moment but i didn't notice any diference?
  • This is not a "bug" that disrupts gameplay but on Hockenheimring on the corner Sachs there is a flock of birds that fly through cars and the ground. Looks pretty funny
^ @anim8r_uk which breed are those? :D

• Tripped a bug while asking for the gap to my team-mate; the audio played twice, with Sherman talking over the top of himself with a half-second stagger. Not sure how I did it, but I was trying to get the gap to the car ahead and kept nudging the wrong button.
  • Leaderboards aren't correct; people are mixed around and top times are ranked below slower times. The order is not correct in many cases.
  • I just had a weird one doing a race on the Red Bull Ring (Reverse). Two cars tagged one another just before the final corner. One of them spun around as I zipped by, but I heard the PA in the crowd announce that three cars had been forced out. The other car that had been involved in the original contact spun under his own power at the first corner. The glitch came as I entered the braking zone for the final corner the next lap (and every lap thereafter): Sherman warned me that someone had spun around ahead, but the track was clear.
  • foam braking markers going into Rindtkurve are indestructible. You can plough through them, but they'll be reset on every single lap. And I'm pretty sure I saw a bollard at Hockenheim explode all on its own, but I can't be sure.
  • After visual damage a majority of the front of the car began to inflate and deflate at a rapid rate. It was like a heartbeat beating two/three times per second. :scared: It stopped once I received more damage.
  • Instances mentioned when a AI bot crashes out terminally, and the next few laps the wreckage isn't cleared and seems to move position to other parts of the track ( wreck doesn't stay in the same place and even pops up on parts of the track before the accident site, making it a nice surprise when you come out of the corner)
  • If you have a car with a higher level, after you complete a racenet challenge it shows level 1 ad increases but never matches your current level until you check during lobby. If you check the stats of other people's in the game's lobby, you will see that they gained the same amount of money as you when it's actually misleading.
  • In career mode during qualifying the AI have been seen setting impossible times:
@anim8r_uk - I'm doing the Grid Grand Slam. I'm up to round four, the endurance race at Hockenheim. I just finished qualifying, and somehow Oakley's Gabriel Moreau qualified on pole with a time of 0:00.012 seconds.
  • Another sound bug; when the glass of your window breaks, the SFX of the glass hitting the floor (subtle), get's repeated over and over again, creating this weird repetitive sound. Had it happening a couple of times before but couldn't place it, but a few laps around Bathurst in a delta integrale gave me my "eureka!" moment :D
  • Spa is really buggy. That other day I was doing open wheel race and the AI cars just sat there on the grid. When I came around a lap later most of them are gone but 4 cars were still there. They stayed for the rest of the race. And just today I was about to qualify for an endurance race when I fell right thru the track. When I got reset my cars and all the other cars can't move. No buttons work either so I had to force quit the game.
  • I just wiped out heavily in a Formula C practice session at Mont-Tremblant. I ripped the nose clean off the front of the car, but strangely enough, half of my front wing remained in place, despite having nothing to attach it to the rest of the car.
  • I'm on PS3 and it seems if you total your car in practice, choose exit on the menu that shows crash details and go straight to qualifying the car will auto drive.
  • If I power down my wheel(probably happens with any disconnect) to walk away/watch TV for a while when the game is running and then come back and turn it back on, it loses all of my button mapping. This happens every time. The advanced settings stay the same but the buttons themselves reset to defaults.
  • In online Drift events, the "one-to-watch" pre-race driver highlight does not work as in other disciplines - instead of showing all cars lined up on the grid and then focusing on the star driver's car, the camera sits at the side of the track, simply showing all cars instead (I hope this makes sense lol). Also, the star-rating indicator does not disappear even during the post-race results.
  • The online 'bugged' cars are grinding my gears! I already had one bugged car (Alfa Romeo 4C) which causes my game to crash after completing a race, and it is not like I can see it because it is worth zero credits. Then the next car I purchased (McLaren 12C GT3) is also bugged! That's two cars in my garage I can't use or sell. :grumpy:
I'll try and update the OP regularly so please share what you encounter.

Last edited:
I should have written it down!! I was driving one of the Category 2 Touring Cars and the sound was badass the first lap or two, then all of a sudden it changed like someone threw a blanket over the speakers, similar but muted.

There's an externally mounted camera view in replay that looks back at the driver in the Indycars, sort of like it was mounted around the front suspension/front wheel area. From the camera, the car has no driver. Spooky...!

Other views the car seems to have a driver, just not that one. :)

Same issues as Johnny and Misterdog. Also at the end of a straight when getting heavy on the brakes, the downshifts and revs are barely hearable. Encountered this every time when running group c tourers with interior view.

- male rivals were announced as "she"

-grip and FF effects are different in qualifying and race (noticed that in the first open wheeler event, T500 no aids) don't know if that is meant to be .

just 2 things I noticed so far, after 6h seat time.

great game , I love it 👍

There's an externally mounted camera view in replay that looks back at the driver in the Indycars, sort of like it was mounted around the front suspension/front wheel area. From the camera, the car has no driver. Spooky...!

Other views the car seems to have a driver, just not that one. :)

I noticed that too..... it's been reported :)

This is not a "bug" that disrupts gameplay but on Hockenheimring on the corner Sachs there is a flock of birds that fly through cars and the ground. Looks pretty funny.

There is??? Oh no... that's my work..... oops. Guess what I'll be looking to fix on Monday....lol

- male rivals were announced as "she"
Maybe your Pit Boss thinks your rivals aren't quite as manly as you
smiley-laughing001.gif

- If you are running second to your race rival and ask for the gap, your engineer will tell you the wrong thing. I was a second and a half behind Nathan McKane, but Sherman kept telling me that he was four seconds ahead.

- Tripped a bug while asking for the gap to my team-mate; the audio played twice, with Sherman talking over the top of himself with a half-second stagger. Not sure how I did it, but I was trying to get the gap to the car ahead and kept nudging the wrong button.

- If you are running second to your race rival and ask for the gap, your engineer will tell you the wrong thing. I was a second and a half behind Nathan McKane, but Sherman kept telling me that he was four seconds ahead.

You sure the buttons are configured well? Meaning you checked afterwards if the button you were pressing was the right one at the time? (just to make sure before i add it to the OP) :)

You sure the buttons are configured well? Meaning you checked afterwards if the button you were pressing was the right one at the time? (just to make sure before i add it to the OP) :)
Yeah, it's just the 360 controller. I don't look when I'm pressing it, and it can be clumsy sometimes.

I know this has been mentioned but I don't know if it's been bought up here, but a lot of the time there is no sound for collisions.

I have experienced the FF difference between qualifying and race as well (T500). I am not sure if it is suppose to represent driving in dirty air, or if it's just bugged. I think it might be a little of both as I found power cycling my wheel to make it slightly better.

The car get's very floaty around other cars in the race, but is more glued to the road in qualifying.

I don't feel any difference between quali and race. Maybe you didn't notice that tire wear is off in quali and on in the race (for enduro anyway)?

I just had a weird one doing a race on the Red Bull Ring (Reverse). Two cars tagged one another just before the final corner. One of them spun around as I zipped by, but I heard the PA in the crowd announce that three cars had been forced out. The other car that had been involved in the original contact spun under his own power at the first corner. The glitch came as I entered the braking zone for the final corner the next lap (and every lap thereafter): Sherman warned me that someone had spun around ahead, but the track was clear.

Also, the foam braking markers going into Rindtkurve are indestructible. You can plough through them, but they'll be reset on every single lap. And I'm pretty sure I saw a bollard at Hockenheim explode all on its own, but I can't be sure.

I received minor visual damage to my Shelby Daytona and a majority of the front of the car began to inflate and deflate at a rapid rate. It was like a heartbeat beating two/three times per second. :scared: It stopped once I received more damage.

I've had that before in the Classic Mini. I don't think it's a glitch. There was obvious damage to the front of my car, with a gap between the bonnet and the bodywork that expanded under acceleration and closed up under brakes.

Just did a practice session in Formula C at the Abu Dhabi short course. A car crashed early on, and was parked in the barriers at the chicane on the back straight. It wasn't going anywhere - it was missing a wheel and there was a plume of smoke marking its position. After about four laps, it suddenly moved so that it was right on the racing line as everyone came out of the hairpin. It was still smouldering and still on three wheels, so it clearly hadn't been driven there.

When the AI crashed heavily in a touring car race at the Red Bull Ring, the cars were cleared away. But this one never moved.

I have just had an auto drive glitch happen. Was just about to start qualifying in an open wheel event. (not sure which second event in open category). Didn't do anything to cause it finished practice with a big crash, pressed exit and then selected qualifying. I have uploaded a short video to show what I mean also I show control so you can see I'm not doing anything.

I wouldn't have minded if the guy driving was fast but he wasn't :lol:

Just did a practice session in Formula C at the Abu Dhabi short course. A car crashed early on, and was parked in the barriers at the chicane on the back straight. It wasn't going anywhere - it was missing a wheel and there was a plume of smoke marking its position. After about four laps, it suddenly moved so that it was right on the racing line as everyone came out of the hairpin. It was still smouldering and still on three wheels, so it clearly hadn't been driven there.

When the AI crashed heavily in a touring car race at the Red Bull Ring, the cars were cleared away. But this one never moved.
I think the game didn't recognize the car as "terminal", but the AI driver couldn't really drive away anymore. Would be handy to check out the replay and see how he moved all of a sudden if that's possible.

Edit: to demonstrate the leaderboards not being correct:

mlrz9f.jpg

Last edited:
I think the game didn't recognize the car as "terminal", but the AI driver couldn't really drive away anymore.
That's not possible. He crashed at the chicane on the back straight of the International Circuit. He then reappeared three or four hundred metres up the road, back towards the hairpin. In order to do that, he would either have to turn around and drive the wrong way, or somehow do most of a lap on three wheels, which he obviously didn't do because I would have passed him at least once and he went from being stuck at the chicane on one lap to being stuck coming out of the hairpin on the next.

And on my first run, I made a mistake at the chicane and ran across the grass. The crashed car was sitting at a sixty-degree angle to the racing line. When he was repositioned at the hairpin, he was sitting at the exact same angle as he was at the chicane.

I spotted so many bugs, let's see the ones that I remember:
  • If you have a car with a higher level, after you complete a racenet challenge it shows level 1 ad increases but never matches your current level until you check durig lobby.
  • If you check the stats of other people's in the game's lobby, you will see that they gained the same amount of money was you when it's actually misleading.

I have just had an auto drive glitch happen. Was just about to start qualifying in an open wheel event. (not sure which second event in open category). Didn't do anything to cause it finished practice with a big crash, pressed exit and then selected qualifying. I have uploaded a short video to show what I mean also I show control so you can see I'm not doing anything.

I wouldn't have minded if the guy driving was fast but he wasn't :lol:
This also happened to me, in the second race of the first touring series. I ended up being in 15th position.

UPDATE on RaceNet leaderboards. The team are aware of a few issues and they're being worked on.

If anyone has seen any other issues with leaderboards and positions etc, please let me know so I can forward them onto the team. Cheers :)

I thought I had a soundbug last night while racing in cockpit view. Made contact with a car and then the engine sound got louder and I thought to myself, "Oh crap, that's a bug". Then I looked to the left and realized the door was missing
smiley-laughing001.gif

I thought I had a soundbug last night while racing in cockpit view. Made contact with a car and then the engine sound got louder and I thought to myself, "Oh crap, that's a bug". Then I looked to the left and realized the door was missing
smiley-laughing001.gif
Another thing i love about this game, the SFX are great. Shame you can't choose to elbow the window out as sometimes i prefer the sound from outside the car when that happens :D

Back