GRID AS Bug tracker

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 122 comments
Maybe it's not a glitch. I just did two fifteen-lap races around Mount Panorama in Super Utes, and I saw the same K&N driver - Stefano Bruno - make similar mistakes in both races. On both occasions he was in a podium position, and both times it was late in the race.

Maybe it's an AI personality thing - he's extremely difficult to beat, but after following him for eight laps, he was prone to minor mistakes that compounded as the race went on before he finally lost control; first at the Elbow, and later coming through the dipper.

A few glitches of mine, not counting the AI pace problems which seem to be present only on my copy of the game:

- In Endurance, once tyre wear goes under 30% or so, all cars get a loud sound on gear shifts which sounds like a turbo. Many cars in the Endurance category don't have a turbo and I don't understand why that sound comes on like that.

- The engineer sometimes makes incorrect comments. Like if some driver has spun out or crashed, your engineer will continue telling you that over and over again, even when that driver has already driven away or retired.

- Clubmates always seem to be shown as offline and not available, not confirmed though.

- When two AI drivers collide, not necessarily hard, there seems to be an over exaggerated reaction with cars flipping around and crashing in spectacular but unrealistic and weird ways. Video here.

@anim8r_uk - I'm doing the Grid Grand Slam. I'm up to round four, the endurance race at Hockenheim. I just finished qualifying, and somehow Oakley's Gabriel Moreau qualified on pole with a time of 0:00.012 seconds.

Can I ask you what difficulty did you do the quali in? I simply want to compare the AI times to mine to see whether the AI really is slow in my copy of the game.

Last edited:
I've reached level 10 online for Touring/Open Wheel/Street but the trophy doesn't pop up? All of my XP comes from Racenet Challenges though. Do you have to earn them in a race to count?

I've reached level 10 online for Touring/Open Wheel/Street but the trophy doesn't pop up? All of my XP comes from Racenet Challenges though. Do you have to earn them in a race to count?
Just do an extra race on a lobby and the trophy will unlock.

- In Endurance, once tyre wear goes under 30% or so, all cars get a loud sound on gear shifts which sounds like a turbo. Many cars in the Endurance category don't have a turbo and I don't understand why that sound comes on like that.
Because that's the gearbox dying.

Because that's the gearbox dying.

That was my thought as well. It does start to make that noise late in races when I've been less great at protecting it. Kind of annoying that the radio doesn't ever tell you about anything but tires in endurance races so you can't ask about it, and that there's no icon for the gearbox.

Can I ask you what difficulty did you do the quali in? I simply want to compare the AI times to mine to see whether the AI really is slow in my copy of the game.
Hard, but it was an obvious glitch. No-one can lap Hockenheim in one hundredth of a second.

The trackside commentators, Duncan and Peter, pronounce "Bathurst" as "Bar Thirst", WHICH IS COMPLETELY INCORRECT!

Ahem.

It should be pronounced as one word without the strong 'r' sound and the 'ur' should be a strong 'errr' sound. There may be a Bar Thirst somewhere in England, but remember, the circuit is in Australia, so it should be said like an Oss-trarl-yen.

The online 'bugged' cars are grinding my geeeears! I already had one bugged car (Alfa Romeo 4C) which causes my game to crash after completing a race, and it is not like I can see it because it is worth zero credits. Then the next car I purchased (McLaren 12C GT3) is also bugged! That's two cars in my garage I can't use or sell. :grumpy:

Had some intermittent freezing of from 1-10 seconds coming and going during several touring car races yesterday. Not sure if it was because of the game or a problem with my hard drive or BD lens... I've had some odd problems in the past and issues with both freezing and texture loading in GTAV. It was not solved by disconnecting the internet or PSN. Rebooting the router and my PS3 and removing/reinserting the disk along with checking for nonexistent dirt and scratches also had no effect. I occasionally see the game freeze but only for a fraction of a second until this.

I ran a whole 5X Endurance race (well, probably 2 full races if you count the aborted restarts of the next one before I had to quit) immediately after with no problems other than my inability to keep up with the bots at Not-Hockenheim short.

Had some intermittent freezing of from 1-10 seconds coming and going during several touring car races yesterday. Not sure if it was because of the game or a problem with my hard drive or BD lens... I've had some odd problems in the past and issues with both freezing and texture loading in GTAV. It was not solved by disconnecting the internet or PSN. Rebooting the router and my PS3 and removing/reinserting the disk along with checking for nonexistent dirt and scratches also had no effect. I occasionally see the game freeze but only for a fraction of a second until this.

I ran a whole 5X Endurance race (well, probably 2 full races if you count the aborted restarts of the next one before I had to quit) immediately after with no problems other than my inability to keep up with the bots at Not-Hockenheim short.

I have run all but the last series in the touring car section, some multiple times as I increased difficulty/cut aids as I was learning the game, with no issues at all the past 3 weeks. I don't think this is an issue with the game or touring section.

I have run all but the last series in the touring car section, some multiple times as I increased difficulty/cut aids as I was learning the game, with no issues at all the past 3 weeks. I don't think this is an issue with the game or touring section.

Yeah, I suspect it's a problem on my end. I still haven't bought a replacement hard drive or one that has enough space for a backup, so I'm a bit reluctant to try the more advanced disk management options on the PS3 to see if that helps. Probably wouldn't hurt to try taking the system apart to clean the lens at least.

The trackside commentators, Duncan and Peter, pronounce "Bathurst" as "Bar Thirst", WHICH IS COMPLETELY INCORRECT!

Ahem.

It should be pronounced as one word without the strong 'r' sound and the 'ur' should be a strong 'errr' sound. There may be a Bar Thirst somewhere in England, but remember, the circuit is in Australia, so it should be said like an Oss-trarl-yen.

Yeah.... and G'Day should be said Good Day... :P Only kidding.

That's just the English accent I'm afraid. Us Scots say it the correct why :)

I don't know if it's a glitch, but I have noticed something odd in longer races, especially if it's in Tier 3. The AI - usually the Ravenwest drivers - tends to partner up at the front of the pack. But if one of them makes a mistake, the other one slows down massively. I was doing a Cat-A Touring event at Autosport GP over 25 laps. At about two-thirds distance, Rick Scott spun while in second. Westley then slowed right down, and I reeled in a twelve-second gap in the space of two laps. The same thing happened in Formula A at Hockenheim; Gonzalez and Schmid broke away early, but Schmid tripped over a backmarker and Gonzalez slowed down. I reeled him in, but I was too busy fighting Scott to make a run at him. In both cases, it happened at around the half-hour mark, and in both cases their pace picked up as soon as they had company again.

OP updated, i only included certain bugs and skipped assumptions + things the game programmed like driver order and AI bots holding back etcetera.

@anim8r_uk when can we expect a patch for consoles? Especially things like gamesave corrupts (we'll try and figure out what ingame action causes it), need urgent attention.

Just did a race with the GT3 endurance cars at the hardest difficulty, no aids, no tuning, no upgrades, and here are both the quali and race results. I found the AI to be way too easy to beat... Can you guys please tell if the AI times are the same for you? Or is my game copy truly corrupted?

QUALIFYING:

P7270009.JPG

RACE:

P7270016.JPG

@GTracer98 - Are you doing a GRID series event? Some of those drivers aren't Endurance regulars (Zielinski touring cars, Nakamura tuner, Arsov open-wheel and Dogaru street), while others I have never even met (namely Nikolov).

The reason I ask is because I have noticed that in the GRID series, drivers are naturally stronger in the disciplines they come from. Leo Turner, for instance, is very good at open-wheel, but horrible in street. That might explain why some of those times are a little off pace.

Pardon the double post, but since this is a separate issue, I thought it better to keep it contained on its own. While doing an Indycar race at Jarama Reverse, I noticed the cars slow down to about 70km/h for the final corner. Which is weird, because it can be taken quite comfortably at about 110km/h. They only do it in the race, though.

@GTracer98 - Are you doing a GRID series event? Some of those drivers aren't Endurance regulars (Zielinski touring cars, Nakamura tuner, Arsov open-wheel and Dogaru street), while others I have never even met (namely Nikolov).

The reason I ask is because I have noticed that in the GRID series, drivers are naturally stronger in the disciplines they come from. Leo Turner, for instance, is very good at open-wheel, but horrible in street. That might explain why some of those times are a little off pace.

I did the race in Custom Cup. I have noticed that different drivers have different skill levels in different categories, that's a nice touch. 👍

Could you please try doing a little endurance race in custom cup just to see what your AI laptimes are? :)

Alright, five minutes before bed won't hurt. I don't speak Latvian, but judging by your laptimes, I'm guessing you're doing Hockenheim Short Course.

One qualifying session later, and I have two drivers under 1:20 - McKane with a 1:19.479, and Nakamura with a 1:19.795. The top eight are all under 1:21, unlike your results, but that may just be the race-by-race variation at work.

For the record, you're about three seconds faster than me. I'd like to believe that I wasn't pushing too hard through the stadium, but I was. I've never been able to string the final corners together consistently.

In conclusion, either both of our copies are bugged, or you're just bloody fast.

Thanks! It's in Italian. ;)

It's interesting: @anim8r_uk said that his AI times were ~3 seconds faster than mine at Brands with Cat C touring. So what I understood was that my AI was bugged, rather than me being very fast.

I wonder whether the AI pace differs depending on whether it's a normal race or endurance, because I did a normal race. I shall try doing an endurance race on the same track and see what's what. ;)

BTW, I noticed that the AI is very slow when going through the stadium section (the last sector); that's where I gain the most time on them. In other places, they're roughly as fast as me.

The court can only judge when we are provided with solid proof
prof.gif

Okay, okay! :lol: Though how can I prove that I won't change the difficulty right before the race. You know, a photo doesn't provide much evidence in this case.

Back