Grid Autosport (General Discussion)

Vote for the name of Team Gtplanet

• Total voters
If you have tuning, increase diff to max lock, lower ride height to min and stiffen front & rear springs to max.

Also this forum seems to have been relegated from the main page. Jordan is on a cleaning spree it seems...
I have seen your previous post about tuning, however I was speaking about career mode in which you have some offers that don't give you tuning abilities...

I have seen your previous post about tuning, however I was speaking about career mode in which you have some offers that don't give you tuning abilities...

Well in that case just be more careful with the throttle, or turn on traction control.

@LeGeNd-1

Do you or anyone else have any tuning settings for indy oval for online boosting? For example in class A touring cars I have the Peugeot with all upgrades, min downforce, max locked diff, max springs and gearbox just above the middle, but there are people lapping half a second faster than me without any sliptreams and just no idea how :confused:

Last edited:
@LeGeNd-1

Do you or anyone else have any tuning settings for indy oval for online boosting? For example in class A touring cars I have the Peugeot with all upgrades, min downforce, max locked diff, max springs and gearbox just above the middle, but there are people lapping half a second faster than me without any sliptreams and just no idea how :confused:

Max upgrades and min downforce should be the fastest. Then you just need to adjust gearbox so it tops out at the end of the straight. Are you using a wheel or pad? The smoothness of the wheel can make a big difference in keeping up your speed through the corners and can certainly make 0.5 sec difference.

If you are boosting can't you just agree to trade wins though? ;)

Max upgrades and min downforce should be the fastest. Then you just need to adjust gearbox so it tops out at the end of the straight. Are you using a wheel or pad? The smoothness of the wheel can make a big difference in keeping up your speed through the corners and can certainly make 0.5 sec difference.

If you are boosting can't you just agree to trade wins though? ;)

I am using a wheel but it feels as if I am losing all the time through the turns. I have found its better not to go right up to the inside because as you turn tighter you just lose more speed. Upgrades seem to have very little performance effect the speed achieved down the straights is virtually identical with or without them.

I am just competing in open lobby custom cups. Right now I am in a 5 event 1 lap cup with 12 real players, even finishing mid table brings in upwards of 3k xp per race.

It gets really boring through so I will probably either find a proper boosting partner or just level up slowly through the weekly racenet events

I am using a wheel but it feels as if I am losing all the time through the turns. I have found its better not to go right up to the inside because as you turn tighter you just lose more speed. Upgrades seem to have very little performance effect the speed achieved down the straights is virtually identical with or without them.

I am just competing in open lobby custom cups. Right now I am in a 5 event 1 lap cup with 12 real players, even finishing mid table brings in upwards of 3k xp per race.

It gets really boring through so I will probably either find a proper boosting partner or just level up slowly through the weekly racenet events

Well yes a smooth wide out-in-out arc is always going to be faster than an in-in-in line, even though the distance is shorter. The only exception would be if you are using the classic Mini, since it's already at top speed so a shorter in-in-in line will be faster :lol:

Upgrades DO increase your top speed (those that increase the top speed stats bars at least). But they are only useful on ovals because it ruins the car handling so no upgrades is faster on normal tracks. Trust me I've done plenty of experiments on this.

Levelling up through racenet challenges is the way to go. Make sure you get each bronze/silver/gold/platinum rewards one by one as you don't get cumulative rewards.

I've been playing this on PC recently (having made a small stab at it on ps3)and enjoying it. The race lengths make this a good pick up and play game. I'll also never tire of Mont Tremblant.

I picked up the drag racing dlc when it was on sale, which is amusing. Some issues, no burnouts and some stuff racing half mile, but launching a funny car is still quite a novelty.

Been a while since I've played Autosport. Left the game after I finished the 2nd overall championship, I think.

I haven't played since I wore out my disk, been thinking about ordering a digital copy so I don't have to worry about that again :)

I've been playing this on PC recently (having made a small stab at it on ps3)and enjoying it. The race lengths make this a good pick up and play game. I'll also never tire of Mont Tremblant.

I picked up the drag racing dlc when it was on sale, which is amusing. Some issues, no burnouts and some stuff racing half mile, but launching a funny car is still quite a novelty.

I think Drag racing is the best part of this game honestly. It captures the savagery and microsecond perfection needed to succeed in real life. Before this I have no idea of the staging rules, shallow or deep staging, reaction time vs total time, etc. Really awesome that Codies went that extra length to implement everything correctly. The only thing missing is no Burnouts, but I don't think their physics engine is sophisticated enough for accurate tyre temps anyway so it's ok. I'd also like some fictional Top Fuel cars, just to see how fast I can get them over 1 mile :lol:

Yup, it's a pretty solid attempt at drag racing. No burnouts is a bit odd, but as you say, might be limiting factors there. I also bought the classic touring car DLC, once I'm done with main career, I'll do those.

I'm just getting Endurance and Touring Cars up to Level 9, then I can do the Grid Legends (?) event. Endurance can be pretty frustrating at times, but not too bad.

Pet annoyances with the game:

Okutama, particularly if you end up there in Indycar or something, just doesn't work.
Some of the Reverse layouts, you don't need to do Spa in reverse to keep my interest in lack of circuits.
AI aggression, which is nice in parts, but I've been PITed so often it's quite tedious, I find in Street races, you've just got to attack like them...
Drifting gets repetitive.

Time Attacks are fun, more of that. It's very pick up and play, which I'm liking.

Agreed Okutama is a nightmare in anything faster than Endurance Group 1. It's a fun hotlap track, but racing in Open Wheels? Just no :crazy:

I actually quite like some tracks' reverse layouts. COTA and Bathurst especially feel quite good in reverse. Algarve too. I agree Spa reverse is super awkward though.

Ditto on AI. They are more exciting than GT's zombie AI for sure, but they can be numbskulls and PIT you if you're on their line. Street races in Hypercars I often have to turn off damage completely, otherwise it's just pot luck whether you can make it to the front without getting totaled.

I hate Tuner events the most in this game. Boring events where you are not directly competing with others. Drifting especially gets very repetitive going up the ladder and I wish you can quit TAs once you set a laptime and not having to do all 3 laps.

If you have some spare cash, get the Sprint DLC too. They brought back all the touge tracks from Grid 2 and it's a joy to drive with GAS's better physics.

Last edited:
Sprint pack is cheap, so I might have a dabble.

COTA in any form is good, I like algarve too, it's a good mix of corners and elevation.

I quite like time attack, but then I'm changing disciplines every season at the moment, so it's not too bad!

Just gone back on this on PS3 for the first time since 2014....still one of the best racing games of the last decade! Such intense racing and recognisable teams,the AI actually spins out on this,compared to most PS racers....why the hell havnt Codies done a sequel?!!

The career is also huge with a lot of disciplines - and ive just noticed you can do a custom championship with reversed grids!! (*ahem*project cars,AC).

Just gone back on this on PS3 for the first time since 2014....still one of the best racing games of the last decade! Such intense racing and recognisable teams,the AI actually spins out on this,compared to most PS racers....why the hell havnt Codies done a sequel?!!

The career is also huge with a lot of disciplines - and ive just noticed you can do a custom championship with reversed grids!! (*ahem*project cars,AC).

Too busy with Dirt and F1 games probably. Also porting this game to as many platforms as possible (last I checked, you can also get it on Android/iOS/Switch) :crazy:

I agree it's well overdue for the next one though. But the market is a bit crowded at the moment for circuit touring car racers with ACC, PCARS, GT/FM and the rumoured GTR3. I can understand why Codies is holding off as it doesn't make sense from a financial standpoint. They have practically no competition in rally (apart from the WRC titles) and F1.

Too busy with Dirt and F1 games probably. Also porting this game to as many platforms as possible (last I checked, you can also get it on Android/iOS/Switch) :crazy:

I agree it's well overdue for the next one though. But the market is a bit crowded at the moment for circuit touring car racers with ACC, PCARS, GT/FM and the rumoured GTR3. I can understand why Codies is holding off as it doesn't make sense from a financial standpoint. They have practically no competition in rally (apart from the WRC titles) and F1.

Im just surprised that its been 5 years and counting now - and with all the outcry and demand they have had for a new Grid game. And i dont get all the time they spent on these Android etc versions...why not do a remastered PS4 version aswell..surely that would be more popular?

why not do a remastered PS4 version aswell..surely that would be more popular?
Agreed. The only gripe I have with the game is the Endurance discipline. Everything else's excellent. Would've loved a remaster as well but I think we'll just have to settle for the BC version on the XB1.

I doubt CM is willing to risk and spend more time and money on G:AS. If I recall correctly, the game sold ''below expectations'', i.e: poorly.

MXH
Agreed. The only gripe I have with the game is the Endurance discipline. Everything else's excellent. Would've loved a remaster as well but I think we'll just have to settle for the BC version on the XB1.

I doubt CM is willing to risk and spend more time and money on G:AS. If I recall correctly, the game sold ''below expectations'', i.e: poorly.

Ive never been on Endurance - how does it work?

I think there is a place for an approachable arcade racer that both casuals and simracers can enjoy and since they aren't handcuffed by any series, I think the customization of Grid 1 should return. I'd love to be able to operate as an owner and driver and be responsible for gaining and satisfying sponsors.

Sorry for blowing the dust out of this thread. I'm still on ps3 and never gave a chance to Grid. Some of the posts here gave me idea of getting this game because I'm looking for game that has agressive almost unbeatable AI which I lack from the games I currently play. I remember playing Toca and on hardest difficulty with sim settings it was actually pretty fun. Not realistic but fun. Also my question is is this game any good with the wheel? I still use my DFGT and I'm honestly pretty fast in everything I played while with DS3 I'm useless. Any feedback would be welcome. It kind if annoys me that price of the game is still stupidity high on os store regarding its ps3 game without online racing so I'd like to get at least copy with CD not digital.

Sorry for blowing the dust out of this thread. I'm still on ps3 and never gave a chance to Grid. Some of the posts here gave me idea of getting this game because I'm looking for game that has agressive almost unbeatable AI which I lack from the games I currently play. I remember playing Toca and on hardest difficulty with sim settings it was actually pretty fun. Not realistic but fun. Also my question is is this game any good with the wheel? I still use my DFGT and I'm honestly pretty fast in everything I played while with DS3 I'm useless. Any feedback would be welcome. It kind if annoys me that price of the game is still stupidity high on os store regarding its ps3 game without online racing so I'd like to get at least copy with CD not digital.

On hardest difficulty the AI is hard, but I feel it's more due to their over aggressiveness. If you crash once it's very hard to recover back to the front due to how chaotic the races are. If you start from pole everytime then even on hardest it's still reasonably easy to walk away from them (assuming you're good).

Wheel FFB is similar to the usual Codemasters stuff. It's better than previous Grid games but still quite floaty and vague at times. Usable and better than using a pad, but nowhere near the level of GT, let alone proper PC sims.

On hardest difficulty the AI is hard, but I feel it's more due to their over aggressiveness. If you crash once it's very hard to recover back to the front due to how chaotic the races are. If you start from pole everytime then even on hardest it's still reasonably easy to walk away from them (assuming you're good).

Wheel FFB is similar to the usual Codemasters stuff. It's better than previous Grid games but still quite floaty and vague at times. Usable and better than using a pad, but nowhere near the level of GT, let alone proper PC sims.

Thank you. I expected something like that, thought of getting it just to have some arcadish challenge from AI. I am good in racing games and since I'm skipping ps4 and have no online fun anymore I'd like to fight for a position sometimes. I played GT4 5 and 6 all over again and nothing hard is in that games for me anymore even though I'll keep playing them since it's my favorite series. Thanks for the wheel response too since I'm useless driving with pad, it's enough that it's usable in the game. I got MotoGP few days ago and I struggled to get my first win on hard settings but that's different because opposed to cars I know very little about bikes and also I have to use pad obviously. Thank you again and if there are some other racing games that are difficult on ps3 please recomended :)

Thank you. I expected something like that, thought of getting it just to have some arcadish challenge from AI. I am good in racing games and since I'm skipping ps4 and have no online fun anymore I'd like to fight for a position sometimes. I played GT4 5 and 6 all over again and nothing hard is in that games for me anymore even though I'll keep playing them since it's my favorite series. Thanks for the wheel response too since I'm useless driving with pad, it's enough that it's usable in the game. I got MotoGP few days ago and I struggled to get my first win on hard settings but that's different because opposed to cars I know very little about bikes and also I have to use pad obviously. Thank you again and if there are some other racing games that are difficult on ps3 please recomended :)

AI is definitely more challenging than GT (heck, anything is more challenging than GT trademark zombie AI). I just feel that if you're looking for epic clean side by side racing, you're not gonna get it. Expect lots of paint rubbing and occasional divebombing and AI wrecking itself. So the difficulty is more due to their unpredictableness rather than pure speed.

Other difficult games, depends on your taste. Track based game wise, Ferrari/Supercar Challenge is pretty difficult for me, but that was because I couldn't get used to the weird physics. Sega Rally Revo is difficult but it's arcade and rally only. Ridge Racer 7 is also difficult but that's even more arcade. Modnation Racers if difficult but that's because I'm rubbish at kart racers with weapons.

I didn't even mean racing AI in GT series. But events are also too easy now. I can even get golds on GT5 in Vettel X challenges pretty easy and that's the most difficult thing I tried in racing games. I prefer sim but I'm not hardcore clean racer that minds if AI is trying to kill me or if physics are bad as long as it's fun. Thank you for telling me about other games. Ferrari Challenge I already wanted to buy so I'll get that one (also I'm Ferrari fan so that's one more reason). Others also seem interesting except that karts with weapons. Weapon racing is just not something I like. I tried Blur which everyone seemed to like but I really didn't like that one.

I disagree. Best GRID game of the series. Best/most content, features, tuning, livery editor ect... GRID on steriods basicly ^^

Just came back to say it was little bit premature to say that. I had wrong approach to the game. When you get little bit deeper into it and take it for what it is, it can be fun and relaxing but also challenging if you want to. I'll stay by one thing I said anyways - > it's horrible with a wheel, just awful and not worth bothering. It's good playing chase cam with my broken DS3 and I guess it was supposed to be that way. Sorry Grid Autosport for my post above :(

Bump:boggled:. Sorry for double post, but I have a question. I started to kind of having fun with this game. Mainly because it still has active leaderboards with 100-300 people entering in events. I wanted to ask if you can give me some tips regarding setup or even driving. Since the game is arcadish sometimes I do faster when I don't expect it (different lines than I'd use in GT for example). There's an event with street coupe cars started yesterday. The track is Dubai (Gulf Approach) and am currently at 3rd place out of 70 or something like that people. The problem is that I'm behind 2 guys who I saw last week and this week almost always on 1st and 2nd positions. Still Im not that far away. I drive with a wheel, no assists but ABS and manual transmission. Thanks.:dunce:
IMG_20200129_190326~2.jpg

Bump:boggled:. Sorry for double post, but I have a question. I started to kind of having fun with this game. Mainly because it still has active leaderboards with 100-300 people entering in events. I wanted to ask if you can give me some tips regarding setup or even driving. Since the game is arcadish sometimes I do faster when I don't expect it (different lines than I'd use in GT for example). There's an event with street coupe cars started yesterday. The track is Dubai (Gulf Approach) and am currently at 3rd place out of 70 or something like that people. The problem is that I'm behind 2 guys who I saw last week and this week almost always on 1st and 2nd positions. Still Im not that far away. I drive with a wheel, no assists but ABS and manual transmission. Thanks.:dunce:

If you're already within a few tenths of the world record I'd say you're already doing pretty well mate. Look back through my older posts on this thread, I gave some tips on setting. Basically don't install upgrades (they actually make your car slower). Setting wise, from memory it's slam the car, max hardness springs all round and locked diff. You're right in that for some corners traditional smooth racing line don't work. The way the physics are in GAS you need to "V-shape" the corner. Brake as late as possible, rotate the car as quickly to point at exit and mash the gas. If you're using a wheel, changing rotation to 540 degree will help (900 degree is too slow for most cars in this game).

Back