Grid Autosport (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'GRID Series' started by sems4arsenal, Feb 21, 2014.

?

Vote for the name of Team Gtplanet

1. GTPlanet Racing

28.8%
  2. Club GTPlanet

2.0%
  3. GTPlanet Motorsport

10.2%
  4. Gran Turismo Motorsport

1.0%
  5. Gran Turismo Racing

1.0%
  6. Gran Turismo Planet

2.4%
  7. Team Gran Turismo

2.0%
  8. Club Gran Turismo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. GTPlanet

9.8%
  10. Racers of GTP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. GTP RACING

12.7%
  12. GTP MOTORSPORT

14.6%
  13. Team GTP

10.7%
  14. GTPlanet Racing

2.4%
  15. GT Planet Racing Int'l

2.4%
  1. CrazyJohn

CrazyJohn

I have seen your previous post about tuning, however I was speaking about career mode in which you have some offers that don't give you tuning abilities...

2. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Well in that case just be more careful with the throttle, or turn on traction control.

3. Siggers

Siggers

@LeGeNd-1

Do you or anyone else have any tuning settings for indy oval for online boosting? For example in class A touring cars I have the Peugeot with all upgrades, min downforce, max locked diff, max springs and gearbox just above the middle, but there are people lapping half a second faster than me without any sliptreams and just no idea how :confused:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  4. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Max upgrades and min downforce should be the fastest. Then you just need to adjust gearbox so it tops out at the end of the straight. Are you using a wheel or pad? The smoothness of the wheel can make a big difference in keeping up your speed through the corners and can certainly make 0.5 sec difference.

If you are boosting can't you just agree to trade wins though? ;)

5. Siggers

Siggers

I am using a wheel but it feels as if I am losing all the time through the turns. I have found its better not to go right up to the inside because as you turn tighter you just lose more speed. Upgrades seem to have very little performance effect the speed achieved down the straights is virtually identical with or without them.

I am just competing in open lobby custom cups. Right now I am in a 5 event 1 lap cup with 12 real players, even finishing mid table brings in upwards of 3k xp per race.

It gets really boring through so I will probably either find a proper boosting partner or just level up slowly through the weekly racenet events

6. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Well yes a smooth wide out-in-out arc is always going to be faster than an in-in-in line, even though the distance is shorter. The only exception would be if you are using the classic Mini, since it's already at top speed so a shorter in-in-in line will be faster :lol:

Upgrades DO increase your top speed (those that increase the top speed stats bars at least). But they are only useful on ovals because it ruins the car handling so no upgrades is faster on normal tracks. Trust me I've done plenty of experiments on this.

Levelling up through racenet challenges is the way to go. Make sure you get each bronze/silver/gold/platinum rewards one by one as you don't get cumulative rewards.

Siggers likes this.
  7. Sureboss

Sureboss Premium

I've been playing this on PC recently (having made a small stab at it on ps3)and enjoying it. The race lengths make this a good pick up and play game. I'll also never tire of Mont Tremblant.

I picked up the drag racing dlc when it was on sale, which is amusing. Some issues, no burnouts and some stuff racing half mile, but launching a funny car is still quite a novelty.

8. Techy

Techy

Been a while since I've played Autosport. Left the game after I finished the 2nd overall championship, I think.

9. MustangManiac

MustangManiac Premium

I haven't played since I wore out my disk, been thinking about ordering a digital copy so I don't have to worry about that again :)

10. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

I think Drag racing is the best part of this game honestly. It captures the savagery and microsecond perfection needed to succeed in real life. Before this I have no idea of the staging rules, shallow or deep staging, reaction time vs total time, etc. Really awesome that Codies went that extra length to implement everything correctly. The only thing missing is no Burnouts, but I don't think their physics engine is sophisticated enough for accurate tyre temps anyway so it's ok. I'd also like some fictional Top Fuel cars, just to see how fast I can get them over 1 mile :lol:

11. Sureboss

Sureboss Premium

Yup, it's a pretty solid attempt at drag racing. No burnouts is a bit odd, but as you say, might be limiting factors there. I also bought the classic touring car DLC, once I'm done with main career, I'll do those.

I'm just getting Endurance and Touring Cars up to Level 9, then I can do the Grid Legends (?) event. Endurance can be pretty frustrating at times, but not too bad.

Pet annoyances with the game:

Okutama, particularly if you end up there in Indycar or something, just doesn't work.
    Some of the Reverse layouts, you don't need to do Spa in reverse to keep my interest in lack of circuits.
    AI aggression, which is nice in parts, but I've been PITed so often it's quite tedious, I find in Street races, you've just got to attack like them...
    Drifting gets repetitive.

Time Attacks are fun, more of that. It's very pick up and play, which I'm liking.

12. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Agreed Okutama is a nightmare in anything faster than Endurance Group 1. It's a fun hotlap track, but racing in Open Wheels? Just no :crazy:

I actually quite like some tracks' reverse layouts. COTA and Bathurst especially feel quite good in reverse. Algarve too. I agree Spa reverse is super awkward though.

Ditto on AI. They are more exciting than GT's zombie AI for sure, but they can be numbskulls and PIT you if you're on their line. Street races in Hypercars I often have to turn off damage completely, otherwise it's just pot luck whether you can make it to the front without getting totaled.

I hate Tuner events the most in this game. Boring events where you are not directly competing with others. Drifting especially gets very repetitive going up the ladder and I wish you can quit TAs once you set a laptime and not having to do all 3 laps.

If you have some spare cash, get the Sprint DLC too. They brought back all the touge tracks from Grid 2 and it's a joy to drive with GAS's better physics.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  13. Sureboss

Sureboss Premium

Sprint pack is cheap, so I might have a dabble.

COTA in any form is good, I like algarve too, it's a good mix of corners and elevation.

I quite like time attack, but then I'm changing disciplines every season at the moment, so it's not too bad!

14. Magdelayna

Magdelayna

Just gone back on this on PS3 for the first time since 2014....still one of the best racing games of the last decade! Such intense racing and recognisable teams,the AI actually spins out on this,compared to most PS racers....why the hell havnt Codies done a sequel?!!

The career is also huge with a lot of disciplines - and ive just noticed you can do a custom championship with reversed grids!! (*ahem*project cars,AC).

Atarwii and Gr4ndy like this.
  15. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Too busy with Dirt and F1 games probably. Also porting this game to as many platforms as possible (last I checked, you can also get it on Android/iOS/Switch) :crazy:

I agree it's well overdue for the next one though. But the market is a bit crowded at the moment for circuit touring car racers with ACC, PCARS, GT/FM and the rumoured GTR3. I can understand why Codies is holding off as it doesn't make sense from a financial standpoint. They have practically no competition in rally (apart from the WRC titles) and F1.

Atarwii likes this.
  16. Magdelayna

Magdelayna

Im just surprised that its been 5 years and counting now - and with all the outcry and demand they have had for a new Grid game. And i dont get all the time they spent on these Android etc versions...why not do a remastered PS4 version aswell..surely that would be more popular?

17. MXH

MXH Premium

Agreed. The only gripe I have with the game is the Endurance discipline. Everything else's excellent. Would've loved a remaster as well but I think we'll just have to settle for the BC version on the XB1.

I doubt CM is willing to risk and spend more time and money on G:AS. If I recall correctly, the game sold ''below expectations'', i.e: poorly.

18. Magdelayna

Magdelayna

Ive never been on Endurance - how does it work?

19. MXH

MXH Premium

Time based with accelerated tire wear with no ability to pit. I personally found it pretty lame.

20. Atarwii

Atarwii

I think there is a place for an approachable arcade racer that both casuals and simracers can enjoy and since they aren't handcuffed by any series, I think the customization of Grid 1 should return. I'd love to be able to operate as an owner and driver and be responsible for gaining and satisfying sponsors.