Grid Autosport (General Discussion)

Vote for the name of Team Gtplanet

• Total voters
I have a strange and I admit, illogical aversion to running real-life tracks in reverse

No problem at all with fictional tracks but real ones reversed? Ooh no, no :yuck:

ps. No need to flame, I admitted it was daft :D

I am against it myself in principle, however, some of them do make for some interesting driving. They do also add to the variety of tracks included which I suppose helps with replay value of the game...so there is that :)

I picked this up a few weeks ago as a filler for Project Cars and i cant believe i didnt get it last year! Ive really enjoyed the Touring Car career,the AI is the best ive seen in a racing game..making mistakes,battling for position between themselves. I like how the kicker team fade further in when K & N appear and also Oakley get much better!

Im going to try open wheel and endurance before i make that switch to Pcars.

But im really hoping theres a sequel to this on PS4.

Team Kicker should rename themselves to Team Choker, because they always drop their spaghetti against an equal opponent (K&N and Forge). Touring is literally the only thing they're any good at, and even then the K&N boys kick their butt.

As for Oakley, I've literally only had one good offer from them, and that was in Endurance. According to some of the announcer pre-race commentary I've overheard, Oakley are a rookie team, in the same tier as Razer Motorsport.

I've got a question about the career mode of the game, is there any modifier to set the length of career races, or in another game mode?

I've got a question about the career mode of the game, is there any modifier to set the length of career races, or in another game mode?
You can find it in Options / Difficulty in the menu, or just "Difficulty" in the pre-race setup menus.
By default, the races are pretty short; the lowest tier Endurance event is eight minutes. You can, however, increase this by twice, triple, or even five times the normal distance in said Difficulty menu. You still earn the normal amount of XP points from sponsor and team objectives, though.

Using the above Endurance event as reference, the event time becomes:
2X: 16 minutes.
3X: 24 minutes.
There is no 4X modifier. There should be, but it's not there.
5X: 40 minutes.

Note: This does not apply to the Drift and Time Attack events in the Tuner discipline. This also does not effect qualifying.

In Endurance events the tire wear scales according to the race distance.

Why don't more people play this online? I've been playing a lot for a few weeks and only DC'd once. That amount of time on GT however...

I started the open wheel mode - one of the first races at Abu Dabhi,im leading and on lap 2 i notice Aaron Westley who is on his roof on the side of the track - one of my best ever moments in a racing game haha!

Why don't more people play this online? I've been playing a lot for a few weeks and only DC'd once. That amount of time on GT however...

Online has been dwindling, but oddly enough there's usually more people playing on weekdays than weekends. Most players are either European or Australian, so if you're not on their evening timezones you might not see anyone unfortunately.

Online has been dwindling, but oddly enough there's usually more people playing on weekdays than weekends. Most players are either European or Australian, so if you're not on their evening timezones you might not see anyone unfortunately.
I noticed that too. I played a lot over the Easter break and they were just so much more full than at the weekend.

Weekends are usually a bit fuller during the day, (Americans playing late usually) there are a few Aussies (and Kiwis) playing but usually try to coincide with the Americans and English.

Just started playing this again after some time away. Had a blast driving the Lola around Sepang.

I'd be up for a series providing it's run properly, and at an Australian friendly time.

GT3's, Super Tourer's, Formula C, Cat C Touring. I'm fine with any.

Team Kicker should rename themselves to Team Choker, because they always drop their spaghetti against an equal opponent (K&N and Forge). Touring is literally the only thing they're any good at, and even then the K&N boys kick their butt.
Kicker are pretty good at Open-Wheel racing, and the upper tiers of Endurance.

As for Oakley, I've literally only had one good offer from them, and that was in Endurance. According to some of the announcer pre-race commentary I've overheard, Oakley are a rookie team, in the same tier as Razer Motorsport.
Oakley aren't bad at the top levels of Touring and Tuner. It really depends on who your team-mate is - Andrey Kokorev is their best driver, followed by Fabian Sjoberg.

I think one's enjoyment of GRID Autosport becomes a little too far when one comes up with nicknames and head-canons for most of the drivers he/she encounters.

So since I did that, here's my list:
Ravenwest Motorsport
  • Rick Scott = Scotty, <redacted> Scott
  • Nathan McKane = Ryan, Mc<redacted>, Nate
  • Aaron Westley = Mary Sue, <redacted>ley, Fanfiction (Explanation: He's a Codemasters employee.)
  • Yuki Nakamura = Snowflake (sarcastically), Nagato-chan
  • Leo Garnier = Gardener
  • Hector Gonzales = Speedy (meant sarcastically)
  • Faisal Mahmoud = FEISAR (Wipeout racing video game series reference), Fishy Mold
  • As a whole: Nevermores (RWBY reference)
  • Aaron Westley is a Punching Bag for X: I typically find that in any given event that Westley is involved in, he frequently gets his rear axle handed to by his teammates.
  • Snowflake X Gardener: Ravenwest Tuner newcomers Yuki Nakamura and Leo Garnier are frequently paired up in the events they show up in. My head canon makes Yuki a girl. You probably don't want to know much more than that.
Forge Motorsport
  • Aaron O' Sullivan = Cirno, Nineball, Baka (Explanation: His car number is #9)
  • Sofia Muller = Sophitia (Explanation: sometimes I cannot words at 150+ MPH)
  • Toam Sato = Toad, Takuma (Because Toam Sato? Really, Codies?)
  • Sofie X Cirno: They frequently pair up in Touring and Endurance events.
K&N Motorsport
  • Luka Schmid = Vocaloid (Explanation: Luka Megurine is the name of a Vocaloid)
  • Stefano Bruno = Boo-No
  • Alex Cote = Jacket (his name sounds like "coat" to me)
  • As a whole: Kenners
Team Kicker
  • Kurt Wittenstein = <redacted>, Witless-stein, Busch
  • Leo Turner = Timmy, Turn-Off
  • Jade Martin = Hisui (Explanation: "Hisui" can roughly translate as Jade)
  • Lucas Kelly = Oil (Explanation: Lucas Oil is a brand of... well, motor oil.)
  • Evan Kennedy = Kenny
  • Get Kicked, X: When I get to laugh at the misfortune of a Team Kicker driver, X being a Kicker driver.
  • As a whole: Team Choker, Chokers
Monster Energy Racing
  • Daniele Moretti = Danny (as a teammate), Moron (as a rival)
  • Hayato Matsumoto = Hayate
  • Ryan Thompson Jr. = Ken Block
  • Louis Jacobs = Louie
  • As a whole: Monsters (sarcastically)
Oakley Motorsport
  • Claire Fox = Foxy Lady (on a good day), Furry (on a bad day)
  • Aurora Russo = Princess (sarcastically, also ironic because my profile audio name is Princess)
  • Ciam Doyle = Doughboy
  • Joona Saari = Sorry Boy
  • Marcel Neuner = Nuisance, Newbie, Noober
  • Jan Dvorak = Anorak
Liqui Moly Racing Team
  • Dong Yi = Dank Memes, <redacted> Yi, Ding-Dong
  • As a whole: Moldies
Cusco Racing
  • Jackson Wilson = Donkey Wilson, Sonny (LOOK AT HIS NAME!)
  • Kosei Sasaki = Kohai (sarcastically), Johnny
Razer Motorsport
  • Saeed Bakheet = Parakeet, Keet
  • Tommy King = Scrub Lord (He's so bad he gets lapped at normal race distance)
  • Ironically, despite being called Razer Motorsport, the vast majority of drivers here are anything but razor-sharp. I tend to poke fun at this. More so if they're carrying car #720 or #360 (in which I joke that they should be playing Call of Duty instead).
Intel Motorsport
  • Isabella Hall = Bella, M'lady
  • Rui Takahashi = Yayoi Takatsuki, Ryosuke
  • Tobias Bischof = <redacted> Off (He's so bad he gets lapped at normal race distances)
Miscellaneous Terms and Jokes
  • The Trash: Drivers who almost never finish better than the top 75% (e.g., 12th out of 16, 9th out of 12, etc). Typically Razer, Liqui Moly, Cusco, and (sometimes) Intel drivers.
  • Doing Janitor Work: Driving for Razer, Liqui Moly, or other bottom-tier poopy trash teams.
  • X, I'm a janitor and I'm still destroying you: Telling a driver X that I'm driving for a bottom tier team and still beating them.
  • X team is BASED: When a trash-tier team (ie. Oakley) gives me a car that I either regard as best in class (in multiple-car classes) or a car with full upgrades. Note that I have to regard the team as trash tier first, so K&N, Kicker, and Ravenwest are never based teams.
  • Engie-san: My nickname for the player's engineer, since he never gives his name.
  • "Well, as long as the gearbox isn't broken...": Running gag with my friends from my days of playing Richard Burns Rally, where the most common reaction from my co-driver was complaining about a broken gearbox after I crashed.

my profile audio name is Princess
So was mine, largely because Sherman the race engineer (I had to call him something, so I named him after Rob Austin's car) had a bad habit of giving me completely useless information. So by calling me "Princess", his uselessness started to make him sound passive-aggressive and he went from annoying to funny.

But yeah, thinking up nicknames for the AI drivers is a bit weird. Unless you're swearing at Arron Westley - you're right; he is a Mary-Sue (or the male equivalent, Marty-Stu).

Just gotten back into Grid Autosport thanks to the G27. I'm just been sampling different categories just to get a feel for everything and I'm about done with Street. Will start trying out Tuner next.

Just gotten back into Grid Autosport thanks to the G27. I'm just been sampling different categories just to get a feel for everything and I'm about done with Street. Will start trying out Tuner next.

I would skip Tuner if I were you. It's probably the most horrible class of all. Unless you like time trials and drifting.

Touring and Street are probably the best disciplines. Endurance is good, but no pitstops make it kinda useless. Open Wheel is alright but the physics make the cars too floaty, stick with the F1 games for now.

The lack of actual circuit races in Tuner really killed that division for me. Should have been modified cars only (no idea why there are really quite unenjoyable stock road cars in it).

Would have been nice to see the return of the widebody 'Peak Performance' or whatever it was called DLC cars from GRID 2; some of them would have fitted nicely in a class here.

Last edited:
I would skip Tuner if I were you. It's probably the most horrible class of all. Unless you like time trials and drifting.

Not really a fan of drifting, but I don't mind Time Trials (since that's what I've been doing any way while testing out the cars). What makes that class so horrible?

Touring and Street are probably the best disciplines. Endurance is good, but no pitstops make it kinda useless. Open Wheel is alright but the physics make the cars too floaty, stick with the F1 games for now.

I'm definately looking forward to Touring. V8 Supercars and WTCC Cars are the highlights for me (Possibly the UTEs as well just for sake of seeing what those are like).

Open I was kinda excited about since they have the A1GP car Alongside the F3000 car. Not driving the Indycar though, its literally stuck in Speedway configuration only and I do not like that.

Meh, don't mind endurance so much for GTs as it basically makes it a Sprint races so at best, its a Blanplain Sprint Series/World Challenge race at at least theres multiple cars (Though I seriously wished the Aston they used was the Vantage GT3, not the Zagato N24). Not really a fan of it for Prototypes though because it literally is just one Prototype AND there are no pit stops.

Not really a fan of drifting, but I don't mind Time Trials (since that's what I've been doing any way while testing out the cars). What makes that class so horrible?

It's just boring. The cars are alright to drive, but since 80% of the events are TT or drifting you are not competing against other cars directly. Normally I wouldn't mind TT, but the physics in GAS isn't exactly enjoyable on its own. Racing door to door against AI is where GAS shines, which doesn't happen all that often in Tuner class.

Meh, don't mind endurance so much for GTs as it basically makes it a Sprint races so at best, its a Blanplain Sprint Series/World Challenge race at at least theres multiple cars (Though I seriously wished the Aston they used was the Vantage GT3, not the Zagato N24). Not really a fan of it for Prototypes though because it literally is just one Prototype AND there are no pit stops.

They already modelled the Zagato GT3 for Grid 2, so that's why they used it I guess. No doubt I'm expecting a Vantage GT3 in the next game.

Endurance Prototype is one of the best handling cars in the game IMO. Feels very natural (not too floaty) and neutral with just a hint of understeer. And the engine sound is perfect :drool: The Shelby Cobra and Ford GT40 on the other hand feels like boats (yes I know both are old cars, but they drives like a stock muscle car on radial tyres in the game).

Last edited:
Endurance Prototype is one of the best handling cars in the game IMO. Feels very natural (not too floaty) and neutral with just a hint of understeer. And the engine sound is perfect :drool:

Just drove it and it feels abit oversteery for me but apart from that, really good. I do agree about the sound though, Could just be me but it sounds abit like the Judd HK V8 in the Lotus T128.

Got a free copy of this along with Counter-Strike Global Offensive bundled with my i7 CPU. Thanks Intel.

I've not read through the thread yet but can anyone recommend Touring Legends or any of the other DLC?

Last edited:
Got a free copy of this along with Counter-Strike Global Offensive bundled with my i7 CPU. Thanks Intel.

I've not read through the thread yet but can anyone recommend Touring Legends or any of the other DLC?

Touring Legends is good if you like the old school cars. Donington is also included but personally I'm not that big a fan so it's average for me.

Sprint Pack is good if you like mountain/coastal road racing. If you've played Grid 2 it contains all of the point to point tracks from that game. Personally I have always loved Touge racing so this pack is 👍 for me (especially with the better physics of GAS).

Drag Pack is the joker. I did not have high expectations before buying it (my experience of drag racing before this was from NFS Underground and ProStreet). But IMO it is the best pack if you want to try something new. Who knew driving in a straight line could have so many nuances? From staging the car, getting a perfect launch, perfecting the gearing and shifting accurately, there are so many moments to go wrong and not a lot of time to recover in a <10 seconds race. Oh, and the Funny Cars are absolutely crazy. You will reach 700 km/h speeds quite regularly :crazy: For me it is the best pack (and the best DLC for a racing game in a long long time) 👍👍 But I can see that it might not be for everyone.

All 3 packs come with an expansion career mode that will each give you another 2-3 hours extra gameplay.

Personally, I'd just get the Season Pack so I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Since you got the game for free I'd say it's a good deal.

Back