Grid Autosport (General Discussion)

Vote for the name of Team Gtplanet

• Total voters
Please.
rd35.jpeg

trd3.jpg

I dream of a career mode where if you excel in a top junior category, you'd be invited mid-season to participate in V8SC endurance races.

Last edited:
He's just lost as usual, nothing to be worried about :)

trd3.jpg

Does anyone remember how the 888 Ford magically had a Holden livery on one of the ingame menus (I think it was split screen or online)? :lol:

He's just lost as usual, nothing to be worried about :)

trd3.jpg

Does anyone remember how the 888 Ford magically had a Holden livery on one of the ingame menus (I think it was split screen or online)? :lol:

Ehh at lost comment.

I can't believe Codeys didn't do another sim after TRD3, they had a brilliant physics and driving, even though damage was a little suspect on some cars.

Those pics were the bullshots Codies used prior to release, I remember the ones they used to show the crash damage:
TOCA-Race-Driver-3.jpg

toca_race_driver_3__2006.jpg

ToCA%20Race%20Driver%203%20-%20Screenshot%202--screenshot.jpg

toca_race_driver_3-29092.jpg

That said, despite the misleading marketing, it's still one of, if not my absolute favorite racing game.

The problem is the BTCC isn't the way it was when TOCA was last around (like what has happened to WRC), it wouldn't be a big seller so I doubt they would put the cash into it. Unless they went the 'Race Driver' route in which case it would be no different to GRID.

But yeah a classic themed game with all golden era cars would be amazing.

Also ccing @VXR for his post.

Sadly, if there is a BTCC game I highly doubt it would be a retrospect. Of course, that's what we all want but it's even more of a niche market than a current BTCC game would be; the licensing would be a nightmare for all of those old models and motorsport teams which have fallen by the wayside. Not to forget using the names of drivers like
Hoy, Leslie and O'Dor who have sadly died.

But given the renaissance the BTCC is actually undergoing, with manufacturers and star drivers returning, a game based on the current season or seasons would be really interesting to see and might not be such a farfetched idea.

I am lurking with interest. But one thing: if I remember, the license to make a BTCC/TOCA game expired years ago and it isn't automatically a Codemasters project so Codies would have had to have bought the license again. So Matt Neal could well just be chipping in with DiRT4 but if they do announce a game I'll be so delighted like the rest of us.

And while we're at it, I simply lurrrved RD3 and using the M1s and Beta Montecarloes at Oulton Park. That needed more than two models...

Last edited:
Still weird to me that Forza in 2014 has none of these features
No. The PROPER ToCA.

While I'm no fan of GRID, I was really impressed with the tyre walls.

Other games have a flat low res texture, even today.

GRID had good smoke effects and damage too. I love the tech behind it but since then which is six years ago now, nothing has come close.

Can you imagine seeing TOCA in the late 90s and someone from the future pays you a visit and tells you that in 15 years from now big budget games will be static sunny days with invisible walls, flat textures, no rain, night or headlights no damage or so basic its not worth mentioning and some only just starting to include some advancements, that cockpit pit view will be seen as new in the late 2000s.

Last edited:
One day, good technology will come together with good driving physics.

I'll probably be dead by then but who knows. I've had the game designed in my head for twenty odd years. I thought 6 years after GRID that some stuff needed would filter down but its been the opposite sadly.

I see in the future maybe a few dev teams working together to realize the dream of a decent driving game. Each concentrate on what they're good at as most things they're very bad at unfortunately or don't show much awareness. A plus side could be combining car licensing.

Those pics were the bullshots Codies used prior to release, I remember the ones they used to show the crash damage:
TOCA-Race-Driver-3.jpg

toca_race_driver_3__2006.jpg

ToCA%20Race%20Driver%203%20-%20Screenshot%202--screenshot.jpg

toca_race_driver_3-29092.jpg

That said, despite the misleading marketing, it's still one of, if not my absolute favorite racing game.

I can't believe codemasters actually fell for making fake and exaggerated screenshots of the game. But still it was one of my favorite games at the time, unlocking that unlicenced Ferrari f360 race car, Diablo and Porsche :). But after 3 weeks I went strait back to GT4, having over 700 cars and the best tracks to race in, i was almost brainwashed.

Last edited:
Though I'm pretty sure this one will have more explosions, loop-de-loops and other nonsense "b'cause Jimcana and stuntz". Maybe even to the point where you'd think you're playing a Hotwheels game. If that's the case, :yuck:.
It's believed that "Dirt Showdown" was an attempt to separate modes like Gymkhana out of the main titles and into a spin-off. Whether or not it was successful remains to be seen. But there was a lot of criticism of "Dirt 3", both for its inclusion and the lack of variety in the rally stages (I remember when they made "Colin McRae Rally 2.0" with about eighty unique stages), so it would be in their interests to scrap it.

Now I remember ToCa/DTM/V8SC 3 for a very distinct reason, it was my first proper game I ever played and it was on my first gaming system, my trusty old Gen 1 (I think) ps2, which eventually died and was replaced by a gen 2 (Yet again I think) which was used for ToCa/DTM/V8SC 2 and race driver, all of which I finished and then I bought gt4, and then the next chapter began!

I just want a remake of TOCA 1 and 2 from PSX days, HD graphics, realistic physics, full championships, drivers, cars and tracks from 1997 to 2000+ ( BTCC ), and add bonus cars + tracks from TOCA Race Driver 2 and 3 - I am in heaven.
My cup of tea also 👍

If they go at it like they did with F1 2013 and add a classic mode this might just be possible. Still have fond memories of the 1997 BTCC season those cars and liveries were the best!

hi_2172_0adc.jpg

It'll be interesting to see if a new ToCA game is actually on the cards. I think the first racing game I played was the original ToCA on the PC way back in the late 90's. I enjoyed ToCA 2 on the original Playstation as well.

I still remember the old Loch course in ToCA 2 fondly, especially driving the Fiestas and Grinall Scorpions around there as if I was driving on real roads.

VXR
I still remember the old Loch course in ToCA 2 fondly, especially driving the Fiestas and Grinall Scorpions around there as if I was driving on real roads.

Loch Rannoch - they kept it in ToCA Race Driver 3 but it wasn't as fun really. Combine with low gravity and bouncy car cheats and you got chaos :lol:

I just want a remake of TOCA 1 and 2 from PSX days, HD graphics, realistic physics, full championships, drivers, cars and tracks from 1997 to 2000+ ( BTCC ), and add bonus cars + tracks from TOCA Race Driver 2 and 3 - I am in heaven.
This.

Oh and please no more jimcana in Dirt 4, Ken Block has his run we did that already. Now what about Rallycross and sort of WRC.

Last edited:
I hope Codemasters will return to his roots with this speculated Toca game!
Toca Touringcars was awesome on the PsX

Seeing the games Codemasters has put out in the last 5 years they will surely **** up this reboot as well.

R.I.P. ToCA

I'm a bit confused by this. What games are you referring to?

Grid was great, Grid 2 was solid but not terrible. All the dirt titles are good fun on rallies, and very tough to win on the highest difficulty.

Then you got the F1 series, and with each installment it gets better and better. Each game has had universal acclaim and sold millions, I'm an F1 nut and I love those games. As far as the physics/gameplay go... (bugs aside) its excellent.

P.S Does anyone know how game companies, and more specifically, Codemaster's works?

i.e Do they just have a single building with a bunch of guys who make games. That'd mean the guys who did F1, did Grid, Dirt or any of there 'racing' games in the last few years? Excluding new employees and those who left of course. Or do they have a bunch of different teams who handle different titles? In which case the guys who made Dirt might not even know the guys who make F1.

Just trying to wonder if the guys who made Toca are still even employed by Codie's, and if they are which title they are/have been working on.

Hard to tell if its the same people working for them. But I believe it's one core studio developing the main games. Their focus is racing games alone now so I would imagine theres a Dirt team, Grid/Track team and F1 team.

Could be wrong, but I think that's roughly it.

Back