Grid Autosport (General Discussion)

Vote for the name of Team Gtplanet

• Total voters
Unless they have given a bucket load of cash to Alan Gow it's not likely to be a BTCC/ToCA game. I would love to be proven wrong but its more likely to be Dirt4 and some kind of Grid spin off with more track based racing.

Can you explain a bit more, why it would cost a lot? Isn't Codies allowed to used the license used for TOCA 1 and TOCA2?

I really hope they are going to make another BTCC racer! Hope they can get Tiff Needell again as a commentator :D or the commentators of this years and last year, Harvey and David Addison.

Thanks for the response anim8r_uk. I understand that. What I meant was if codies is still allowed to use the license in the form that it was used 15 years ago? So with tracks, teams, cars and structure from 1997 and 1998 BTCC series.

It they are allowed it would mean they could add the super touring era within their new TOCA game. For the current BTCC a new license is acquired. Does this still run under TOCA regulation or is it a different organisation now?

Last edited:
Thanks for the response anim8r_uk. I understand that. What I meant was if codies is still allowed to use the license in the form that it was used 15 years ago? So with tracks, teams, cars and structure from 1997 and 1998 BTCC series.

It they are allowed it would mean they could add the super touring era within their new TOCA game. For the current BTCC a new license is acquired. Does this still run under TOCA regulation or is it a different organisation now?

No, licenses don't work like that. The original license for back then would have expired years ago, or it could have even been on a per game basis. Either way, it's long passed.

I can think of nothing worse than another Grid game :( Grid was decent, Grid 2 was abysmal. Please no more Grid's.

The Ego engine has ruined Codemasters as the cars no matter the game felt like they were hovercraft's. F1 wasnt to bad but Grid & Dirt was all just so wrong. Such a shame such an amazing dev/company went down hill so fast :banghead:

Last edited:
RIGHT, TIME TO MINE THE HYPEMILL

- Race Driver (no "Grid")
- interior view (We are teh 5%)
- moar touring cars (because BTCC drivers testing at Codies)
- still plenty of other disciplines to keep everyone happy
- (fingers crossed) earlier somewhat-quite-realistic Ego engine physics (Grid 1, DiRT 2 etc, no 'drifting is faster' a la Grid 2)

Hurry up Codies, you're one of the few developers I actually have any faith left with...

...or don't hurry, do an Evo and delay the game for the greater good...

I doubt it will be called Grid, I agree with @The Stig Farmer in that it will be Race Driver branded, Race Driver 4? Ultimate Race Driver? Or just Race Driver perhaps. Who knows. Hard to go on too much regarding the sounds in the video but certainly some Gt cars in there as someone above said, R8, perhaps some Zonda, but definitely some 2.0 touring car sounds in there too.

Fingers crossed for something decent.

If I play the video its just like watching Blancpain series.. I really hope it is what I'm thinking.. Touring cars!!!

It amazes me how people still demand another TOCA title when their absolutely appears to be no sign of one coming back. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you still think that'll ever happen.

It amazes me how people still demand another TOCA title when their absolutely appears to be no sign of one coming back. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you still think that'll ever happen.

Yeah back then it was a very popular series but not now, Codies need to do a mixture of series like PCars....They need to drop the "Yeah dude totally rad" and get a bit more serious.

Im interested to see if they could make another good racer...roll on tomorrow.

I'm not so confident we're going to get the kind game we want.

Yes but HOPE!

There was a time I would've agreed but, I've lost faith that they'll produce anything worthy of such hope. Maybe its the unforgiving cynic in me (put off by Grid 2, then further pushed away with the US Release disaster of F1 2013), but I don't see any reason to hope for anything good from Codemasters.

Back