GRID, Haze, Bourne Conspiracy Demo Coming This Week!

• Thread starter Nitrof1
  • 88 comments
Finally GRID is in the store :) *runs to playstation*

EDIT: its not here in holland yet, i dont like sony for splitting up psn in 3458 parts :(

It downloads so slow, only on 50% a.t.m.

I did not see Bourne Demo in the store :S

Edit: played it for couple of races in the bmw, dont really like it, dont feel any feedback from the game, it feels numb for me. Looks goods though but its NOT giving me the adrenaline rush/boost. Replays look way more exciting then doing it :(

has anyone tried Grid with g25 or any steering wheel?

@kimi
bourne demo came to US PSN

Playable content
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil ($10 - game now available from store, rather than from within the demo)
Haze demo (free)
Bourne Conspiracy demo (free)
GRID demo (free)
Add-on content
PixelJunk Monsters: Encore ($6)
Rock Band DLC (found after the break, as usual)
Trailers
WipEout HD trailer (free)
Mirror's Edge gameplay trailer (free)
Mercenaries 2: Payback trailer (free)
Overlord: Raising Hell trailer (free)
Wheelman trailer (free)
TNA Impact trailer (free)
Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull movie trailer (free)
The Love Guru movie trailer (free)
Iron Man movie trailer (free)
Themes and wallpapers
Sports theme (free)
PixelJunk Monsters Encore theme (free)
2x PixelJunk Monsters Encore wallpapers (free)

Off course, sony says 'europe is important' > let not give them the bourne demo! sony logic.

@kipupibnesi: i played it with the sixaxis controller ;)

Well, i've given GRiD a thorough test, it is quite fun online despite the insanity, voting people who win sometimes and the very unpolite driving manners.

Passing is something that is very dangerous, particularly on the San Fransisco track, one wrong move or taking a chance can often result in big crashes, especially avoiding the inevitable first turn wreck, better to take it with caution and then see who's left before making any real moves.

However once all the smoke clears from that, the racing can be pretty intense, what i thought was a disadvantage from getting last place on the grid for leading a series, becomes a fun challenge even against slower drivers. This is because of the way cars collide, small contact often means big contact with a wall or a spin.

Good but not great for me.

I think it's a rubbish game. Online is just a destruction derby.
Much to arcady for my taste.
I like the damage system, but if you start at the front of the grid you can say bye bye car.

hmmm, I didnt buy Dirt but loved the demo now this is dirt with the cars and tracks I like... Ive got the demo but havent played it yet... It maybe a purchase for me if its good.

* GRiD is 👍

* Damage system is 👍 👍 but not as good as I expected :guilty:. In 2 different races, not online, I saw in the replay exactly the same damage. This is not what I expected from what I read/heard in the interviews.

* Is it a simcade? I don't think so. It feels more like a arcade race IMHO. Cars are way too nervous.

* Graphics are very nice.

* Tried onlie and it is a blast! Starting at the end of the starting grid watching all the drivers crash is just ... :lol:!

* Sound of the car is a lot better than in GT5p (using a 7.1 system)

* Is it fun. Ohhh Yezzz! It's pure fun!

* Am I going to buy it? I don't think so! :indiff:

* Is the G25 compatible in the demo? NO!

:)

* Is the G25 compatible in the demo? NO!
:)

Hm, G25 is 95% compatible - and options to calibrate it to your likes are more then welcomed (while Force Weight is stupid option, but whatever) - except for the clutch pedal and H-shifting.

However, I race few online duels with my friend and we find GRID very intresting in terms of casual online racing in private lobbies - which will do until GT5:P offers privateering :)

Oh, and this bit - Central Pivot Point sucks big time :D

Hm, G25 is 95% compatible - and options to calibrate it to your likes are more then welcomed (while Force Weight is stupid option, but whatever) - except for the clutch pedal and H-shifting.

However, I race few online duels with my friend and we find GRID very intresting in terms of casual online racing in private lobbies - which will do until GT5:P offers privateering :)

I've just tried the GRID demo just now with my G25, but I have a question.
How should I adjust the force feedback thing?? the feeling is much different to that I used to feel in GT. :rolleyes:
I found the force is too strong, so I turn it down abit. It seems a little better, but still not similar to the kind of feeling that GT gives me.

Yep, I found out that the G25 is compatible with GRID.

Well I finally had a go on it and my feelings are mixed...

The graphics, the lighting effects and the graphics to some degree are amazing but the damage was disappointing (Dirts damage is better) and the racing is not all that realistic.

Its all very Pro Street'y especially there idea of 'realistic' damage, I think the original Race Driver had better damage!

It also feels very arcadey, the cars are too twitchy and the rear wheel drive cars are seriously over done.

I was upset that Grid didnt have the beautiful user interface that dirt did (although there are hints of it here and there).. and THEY DIDNT HAVE MY NAME ON THE AUDIO SELECTION!!!

All in all I was expecting more, its excelled in some areas over dirt but fell behind in others, It does feel somewhat like an expansion as nothing have moved on..... but this is the demo.

Its way better than any other arcade racer out there at the moment but I think Codemasters has sold its soul to the kid ricers and left the original Toca fans behind. After GT5P very little impresses unfortunately..

Robin

Well reading the reviews and having not played it myself, I hope that the damage is fixed before the final release, which I'm hoping it will. Was the DiRT demo released after the game came out?

From,
Chris.

Well reading the reviews and having not played it myself, I hope that the damage is fixed before the final release, which I'm hoping it will. Was the DiRT demo released after the game came out?

From,
Chris.

No it was released after the 360 and PC versions but before the full PS3 game was released. I think.

Ah, well, that means that they atleast had everything finished when they made the demo then, all that was left was the porting. With GRiD though, they haven't finished it completely, so here's hoping these problems will be fixed before the full game comes out.

From,
Chris.

Yeah this is what I thought because the Dirt demo looked really polished and had excellent graphics, lighting effects and damage.. Grid doesnt look finished yet which may well be true...

Im just scared that this may be the way the full game ends up on account of the number of different cars in the game and the visual complexity of the tracks compared to Dirt.

Robin

Tip for GRiD online: When you spin and have a hard time recovering (because of stability control), press start and the game will auto-drive you back to where you need to be.

From,
Chris.

Altough I like the surroundings (graphics) of GRID more (San Fransisco) than GT5p's, I don't think I'm going to get it. It's € 64 and that's a little too much for an arcade racer.

I'm going to wait for Blimey!'s 2 projects; Ferrari project and Falcon project. Hopefully this will come out on PS3 as well. Ian Bell already said that it is perfectly possible to create a hardcore realistic racing sim on the PS3.

Codemasters should concentrate on creating a super realistic hardcore racing sim. I think that they are capable of doing so. But I guess that they are only interested in making as many games as possible, just to make a profit. They don't have car and racing enthusiast in their midst.

Although I thought DiRT was a complete hoot, I'm not getting the same thrill from Grid. I think it mostly comes down to the fact that I don't have a decade of sim rally racing in me, whereas I do with sim track racing. So Grid feels very arcade-ish to me but with DiRT I guess I really just don' know any better. Too bad for me I guess, because the damage model is excellent and the AI seems solid enough. One thing that is really annoying, at least on the controller, is that it appears the game does not utilize the pressure sensitive buttons. When I turn TC off, even a light touch on the x button still reacts and displays as full throttle. Hopefully this is just down to the pre-final version of the game.

I have to say that at first I was pretty dissapointed in Codemasters. After fussing with the GRid for about an hour it started to go though my head that they had finally put something out worse than DIRT. I had to fiddle fart a bit and after about an hour I discovered that it actually does have 900 degree steering. This is my biggest gripe against DIRT. If DIRT just supported 900 degree steering I would be able to live with all the other faults I have with the game. For me 900 degree steering gets rid of "glitchy" and touchy steering. It allows it to be smoothened out so you can focus on racing not keeping from wiping out. The graphics are awesome, In fact for both games they are. I would not call GRID perfected...far from it but if this is just a peek at whats to come and they still are working on the physics thn this should prove fun and worth buying. Funny, I actually had a review written up that was directly opposite from this one. I had started playing with a controller, and then plugged in my DFP. It was only after sitting back and taking a breath that I started to try and look for other options such as steering adjustment. I found 5%deadzone and 30%saturation in the steering makes it good medicine for this Cherokee. It does still have an arcadey feel in the accelleration but its livaeble. It still miles better than GT4. BTW I have yet to play GT5P

Quick bit of advise for all of you with a HDTV.

Download the Bourne demo, not to play it - its rubbish, it does however have the THX set-up optimiser 2.0 included in the demo. This is an easy to use and excellent tool for setting up both video and audio on your TV and Home Cinema.

Well worth downloading the demo just to get access to this set-up tool (but whatever you do be aware that the game itself is rubbish).

Regards

Scaff

Quick bit of advise for all of you with a HDTV.

Download the Bourne demo, not to play it - its rubbish, it does however have the THX set-up optimiser 2.0 included in the demo. This is an easy to use and excellent tool for setting up both video and audio on your TV and Home Cinema.

Well worth downloading the demo just to get access to this set-up tool (but whatever you do be aware that the game itself is rubbish).

Regards

Scaff

Can you keep the tool without having to keep the Bourne demo?

Also whats with this game not actually having Bourne in it! Thats lame!

Robin

Can you keep the tool without having to keep the Bourne demo?
Unfortunately no, but once you have the TV and Home Cinema set-up correctly you shouldn't need to keep doing it.

Also whats with this game not actually having Bourne in it! Thats lame!

Robin
I know, that alone is bad enough; then add in the fact that the game is just poor and its just disappointing all round. The single reason to download it is for the THX optimiser. What I don't understand is how its 1.5 gig!!!! How can rubbish take up that much space.

Scaff

What I don't understand is how its 1.5 gig!!!! How can rubbish take up that much space.

Usually rubbish is poorly optimized!... Like the Pro Street demo which was around 900MB for utter tripe! :sly:

You get things like the whole of prologue in all its glory for 2GB (download)!

Robin.

Just like to point out that GRID does support G25 H-shifter.

I find FFB weight needs to be turned way down & sensitivity way up in order to get a somewhat realistic wheel feeling.

This game ruins your GT5P driving!

Back