GRID LEGENDS

• Thread starter Nacho Libre
  • 1,316 comments
As long as the story is less painful than whatever that abomination featuring Manzi was in the last expansion, I’m down
Yeah, I don't like the story element either in GRID Legends, it is too corny in my opinion, but the game is pretty decent. I like variety it offers.

Yeah, I don't like the story element either in GRID Legends, it is too corny in my opinion, but the game is pretty decent. I like variety it offers.
I actually dig the story, but Classic Carnage was just Codies trying to flex that they have The Doctor/Eric Effiong as one of their characters. I hope the Endurance DLC actually has some nuance to it.

Just finished seeing a play though and while it looks nice and feels better then grid 2019 i just couldn't pull the trigger on buying the lack of McLaren is just something i cant over see a second time i did with grid 2019 but i cant with this one.

Sorry guys but i love my McLaren's 🚗

Just finished seeing a play though and while it looks nice and feels better then grid 2019 i just couldn't pull the trigger on buying the lack of McLaren is just something i cant over see a second time i did with grid 2019 but i cant with this one.

This is actually interesting since... there is one mclaren in the game, Mclaren was always present in GRID games yet... in 2019 and Legends now they are gone. It is especially sad when it would fit perfectly to certain car classes like TrackDay Hypercars as a opponent for FXXK Evo or in GT1 class. Same with Mercedes Benz.

I cant blame you really. Ferrari is my favourite brand and it sucks when racing games missed out on it so many times. Nowadays they are now common Thank God. I still enjoyed the games for what they were really.

We all have that brand which we love so much when its not featured we feel empty.

@MroczMR thats a classic Mclaren. I think Bruce Mclaren Cars and Mclaren Automotive are treated differently in licensing perhaps just like Lotus and Classic Lotus.

Last edited:
Deluxe edition is on sale on the PS Store (the UK one at least). £26 seems a good deal.
Despite my reservations about the drifting, this was too good a price to ignore.
Will just have to whack down the difficulty for those events and try to get them out the way quick.

Now to spend a stupid amount of time picking a team name and logo - this will take longer than the races!

Ok a little confuse on the psn page its says "Four major post-launch packs" are they talking about the already released pack and the one coming up and then 2 more?

Hi, I am eyeing on getting this game for the Steam Deck. Do the cars handle a bit differently? I know it's not the mother of all simulations, but think it might be perfect for the Steam Deck.

Hi, I am eyeing on getting this game for the Steam Deck. Do the cars handle a bit differently? I know it's not the mother of all simulations, but think it might be perfect for the Steam Deck.
Differently than what? It similar to GRID 2019 with "more grip" on kerbs. It is pretty ok with driving model.

On the subject of the story mode, I'm actually a huge fan of the way the story was presented. There's so much to like!

The characters have so much more depth to them than just liking cars and being champions. Ajeet for example is a master mechanic and can talk in depth about the latest Beltra Icon Mk3, plus everything he's done to it. However he's only good at what he does, which is build and maintain competition cars. As soon as you stick a camera in his face, he gets nervous, comes across as a bit awkward and bumbles a bit.

One of the big complaints I see about the characters is "They made Ryan McKane the big baddie, even though he was the good guy in Toca Race Driver 1 waaahhhh!" The thing is, even back then, Ryan was an arrogant, unlikeable hot head who had this god-complex of being the greatest. It makes perfect sense that 15+ years later, he'd be in this position of doing anything to remain seated on his throne of being better than everyone else, even if that's dirty driving tactics or downright cheating.

I could go totally English teacher mode about all the different characters, but I'll leave it there! :D

For me personally, I suppose the content of the story itself strikes home a bit more because Seneca's transition from a semi-pro team on a humble budget and scarce resources to being a fully fledged professional top team is exactly what I'm working on doing with Hooncorp, albeit minus the constant globe trotting and having a garage full of hyper exotic race cars that get used for a race or three, tops. So there's that added layer of relatability when I'm seeing Marcus trying to put the team's best foot forward even if he's having a tough time with sponsors or generally incompetent prospect drivers :lol:

Anyways, I've finished the story, loved it, now onto the career mode!

kjb
I see they are adding some type of endurance racing with this new DLC
Sauce Ketchup GIF by Heinz

Sauce?

Interesting thing to note is that it says Grid of Legends on the bottom right corner... Potentially new branding associated with the expansions? 🤔

15 minute "Endurance" race? - yeah, that's not endurance 🤔
Other than that, looks promising and is in line with the car teases and leaks.
Hopefully it's the same set up the same as Race Driver GRID, where you could do the 24hr LeMans and choose if you wanted to scale it down to 24 minutes, do the whole 24hrs or somewhere in between.

I hate that their promos are focusing on those live action reviews... I wanted to see new trailer with all content not to people talking :C

Latest Posts

Back