Grid Question

France
France
KCElstun38
I just qualified with the fastest lap in Career Mode but wound up 9th on the grid. No pit lane speed penalties, but with 2 minutes to go, I retired from the session. Any ideas?

Did you confirm it was the fastest lap after qualifying( in the results menu?)

If I'm remembering correctly, codies has had a bug for years where when you retire from a quali session, the other cars miraculously have much faster laps, even if there wasn't time for them to start another hot lap.

When I'm done with my session, I just speed up time and let it run out, father than retiring.

Last edited:
Did you confirm it was the fastest lap after qualifying( in the results menu?)

If I'm remembering correctly, codies has had a bug for years where when you retire from a quali session, the other cars miraculously have much faster laps, even if there wasn't time for them to start another hot lap.

When I'm done with my session, I just speed up time and let it run out, father than retiring.
Thanks for the reply. I did not confirm after qualifications. I was in the garage and saw that I had a 3-second advantage over the next fastest qualifier. Likewise, I believed I had a lock on pole or at least the front row of the grid, and so I retired; error. I then found out I was 9th on the grid. It's a mistake I won't make again.

... and today I've got my work cut out for me. Again, thanks for the reply.

Back