GRID's New 40-Car Endurance Mode Will Be a Google Stadia Exclusive

This is so wrong man..I didnt even pick up the game yet but I'm glad I didnt because so far it's not looking like it's worthy of a full price purchase. When you consider a game like forza 7 that has those STADIA features with 12x the amount of cars and dynamic weather with a smooth 60fps on even the basic XBOX one, this is an easy skip. I'll wait until all updates, features, cars and tracks are added before I decide on this game.

Last edited:
I can't believe I was once excited for this game.

This game has been a serious letdown and I feel like I've been ripped off, and now I can't get my money back.
Its clear that Codemasters is turning a blind eye to the fan reaction and just doing whatever they please, even if its actually a terrible idea.

This is not the same Codemasters I grew up loving with games like Colin McRae Rally 2005 and TOCA Race Driver 3, plus the original GRiD.
This game has only been out more than a month and its already got a largely dead user-base.

They ****ed up big time.

Goddammit! I bought the Deluxe edition of the game for $85 bucks! In order to have all the paid DLCs that will be coming in the future, but I regret buying this ****. I should've waited a bit more and buy NFS Heat, i'm really disappointed with the game. No road cars, no Spa, no iconic circuits, terrible crash physics(Grid 2008 had better physics). This game is worse than GT Sport on day 1...

Codemasters are an actual joke of a publisher at this point.
Are they? I certainly won't defend some of their decisions, but they seem to be doing fine with the various F1 games and especially DiRT Rally. I'd say they still have a better track record than other devs/publishers, even within the context of racing games.

Are they? I certainly won't defend some of their decisions, but they seem to be doing fine with the various F1 games and especially DiRT Rally. I'd say they still have a better track record than other devs/publishers, even within the context of racing games.

...you haven't looked at any of the posts in the DiRT sub forum going back to the release of DR2.0? You haven't looked at the main GRID 2019 thread going back to launch?

Yeah, they're doing 'fine', but is it really fine if it is giving the finger to paying customers continually with poor business decisions, over and over again, for years now by this point?

This is bogus.

I'm sad to agree with the below post. I was excited with this game and only wanted it for TCR.
I can't believe I was once excited for this game.

This game has been a serious letdown and I feel like I've been ripped off, and now I can't get my money back.
Its clear that Codemasters is turning a blind eye to the fan reaction and just doing whatever they please, even if its actually a terrible idea.

This is not the same Codemasters I grew up loving with games like Colin McRae Rally 2005 and TOCA Race Driver 3, plus the original GRiD.
This game has only been out more than a month and its already got a largely dead user-base.

They ****ed up big time.
Was at least hoping more AI cars would have been an option. Now, with 40 cars only for a system I'm not interested in getting? Back to PC2 for me, as my digital copy of GRID gathers virtual dust. Oh well, live and learn.

Really? On a system that's already being labeled as a disaster? This is a bone headed move only to try and to push sales to a product nobody really wants. Stadia is pretty much destined to go onto the wall of abandoned projects by Google, the graveyard I believe it is referred as.

If I'm not mistaken, Google had pushed another 10 games to the launch lineup, GRID being one of them. This comes after many articles and YouTube personalities criticized the really small list, the many, many missing features at launch, the fact that you have to repurchase the games on this service, and with the majority of reviewers who have played on the platform experiencing latency in various forms. It's clear to me that this is yet another rushed product. I'm seriously not hearing good things form Stadia.

Not to mention that the idea of an endurance race on a streaming service is a bad idea at this point? One point is that Google is daft if they are thinking that ISPs will increase data caps just out of sheer goodwill. For a major tech company, that's some really narrow minded thinking.

Last edited:
30+ on some of those trucks is a pile-up just waiting to happen.

I say that because 9 out of 10 will not be able to brake or steer early enough to avoid said pile-up. :P

Assuming of course, a lobby actually manages to fill up with enough humans...

Knowing how bad Codemasters network code, stadia is welcome to host that. Quite ironic given the name of the publish that actually they are masters at awful code..

Why are features locked because of exclusivity on platforms starting to become a thing now? The only games that i can think of is a mode in COD MW that is exclusive to ps4 for 1 year and this. I am fine with exclusive games on consoles but now this is a different story.

How to kill your franchise and alienate your fanbase. This game is a joke, theres so much missing content.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Gary Slater (@AudiMan2011) on November 19th, 2019 in the GRID category.[/QUOTE
This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Gary Slater (@AudiMan2011) on November 19th, 2019 in the GRID category.
knocked it outta the park again codemasters. Along with any respect for the people that bought the game.

Oh and I forgot this. Keep in mind that GRID 2019 on its own is launched with lackluster career and features. And it's even has features missing like drag racing and drifting.

This is basically like slap in a face for the playerbase.

F1 games and especially DiRT Rally

F1 with yearly sport game launch aka FIFA doesn't really count and Dirt Rally 2.0 has seriously questionable DLC structure to the point where most Steam users noticed and give the appropriate ratings for it.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering what the point is of having a huge multi-class endurance race mode in a game without pit stops?

The longest you can go is 60 minutes, which is well within the time range most cars can go without pitting in real life. It would be nice to have pit stops though, even if it was just the Forza style.

Back