Grip bug thread

• Thread starter GT_Alex74
  • 570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall Devilsgrave72 saying that either, so your point (minus the hyperbole) is?

If the bug was exploited to its full potential, as was claimed, he would he much faster than he is. The top guys hit every apex and use all of the track because that's how you carry the nost speed. Devil does not, which is how he was identified as having the bug. I did not personally attack anyone.

7HO
No it isn't a fact. If some of the other top 10 drivers had the same advantage this bug is giving you then they would actually be much faster than you. If you want evidence of that change your password to a throw away password and arrange with one of the top drivers to test on your account, run your fastest time and I bet he beats you by a lot on your own account.

But I do feel you are not getting a fair shake here and this bug may not be getting investigated thoroughly enough. After my own testing I'm giving up on this game for now because it is completely broken. I have about 10 accounts on my Playstation including 3 PS+ accounts. Last night I tested on 2 different PS+ accounts and even though they felt a little different I was running approximately the same times so at that point was confident I didn't have a bug. After reading this thread this morning I was curious to try some things so I tested again. This time with an account that has never played the game before. And immediately I thought both the other accounts had the bug to varying amounts but not as much as this thread makes out because on the new account I was trying I had to brake much much earlier but I was not 3 seconds slower, my times were still not much slower than the other accounts because even though I had to brake much earlier it seemed I had other advantages the other accounts did not. I was puzzled and started to think maybe this bug does work to varying levels. So I tried another account. This one turned out to be my fastest account after the first try. With this one I could brake later than any other account but it had other disadvantages. So far every account was different. I kept on switching between these 4 accounts and noticed my force feedback felt different between the accounts. When I went back to the slow account for the second time the strangest thing happened, now I could brake later on it the second time. Now my times were a bit faster on it. Then I noticed something else odd, my wheel on screen no longer matched my steering input, the wheel on screen turned more.

My conclusion from my testing is I don't have the bug but my game is completely broken and is different every time I play it. I don't know how long it has been like this because normally I log in once and play it until I log out. I think it has been a long time because something similar happened when my son and I had a fast lap competition and tried each other's rig. At the time I just thought what was happening was odd but I've just remebered that because of my testing results.

I know this information doesn't help with the investigation of this bug at all because the bug in question that you and some others have had is persistent where my game is just broken and all over the place. I'm starting to wonder if there is something going on with my Playstation Pro? But at the same time someone else mentioned in this thread they also experienced different physics with different log ins and people have wondered if this bug could effect people to varying amounts. All I know is I have lost all faith in the integrity of this game. Something else I still find odd about this game is how comparatively slow I am in it compared to other games. I've just renewed my account on iRacing and I'm not up to speed there yet but already I'm much closer to the fastest times then I am here and in the Cadillac this week not only is my time in the top 15 it is only 6 tenths of the fastest time. On GT Sport since the last update I'm even slower comparatively to the top 10 then I was previously for no reason except there was an update and now I'm even slower.

What does this mean to you? Clearly there is a bug, clearly you have been positively effected by it. Maybe you can help with testing and provide information that might help identify the cause and help fix it. Maybe the root cause to the bug is also what is causing some of us to have an inconsistent experience. Either way there are people who have stopped playing this game because of this bug and I'm not going to play this game because there is no integrity IMO. Maybe you can help fix that.
I wouldn't trust any of you in my account lol leave this rubbish to Sony and the pds ! I'm the victim here . I didn't ask for this bug and screw the lot of you I'm using it at my best potential :)

Sure I can help . So why don't Sony or the pds put me on a payroll then I'll help bcz they are all the winners here making money and we are all losing time stuck on this screwed up game .

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played grantorismo many years and was just 1 to 2 seconds out of the top 10 and just for the record my times in the cup races are 1second out of the top 10 .

1-2 seconds slower puts you in the group with 1000s of other players, faster than the top 10 puts you in the group with one person.

Well as a proof that I get different physics every time I log in I just scored decent physics and ran a top ten time. I know I'll get bumped back out but at least I got in and got a screen shot :) Now I'll keep trying to improve with this login for a bit before I log out and lose competitive physics.

If the bug was exploited to its full potential, as was claimed, he would he much faster than he is. The top guys hit every apex and use all of the track because that's how you carry the nost speed. Devil does not, which is how he was identified as having the bug. I did not personally attack anyone.
Semantics....and ludicrous.

The bug doesn't come complete with damn autodrive, giving you instant perfect, optimal racing lines.

I know mental arm wrestling is the fashion for GTPlanet.
But you're simply arguing for arguments sake.

Not a game I'm keen to continue.

Last edited:
I had been wondering why there were always one or two people a full half second clear of the rest of the Top 10.

Since I had a Top 10 time in the 4C at Maggiore for most of the day, I'll toss my name in here in case anyone has any questions. I don't believe my game is bugged as I most definitely did not have grip with this car! I ran several races with others in the Top 10 and was not able to really pull away from anyone and/or catch others.

I had been wondering why there were always one or two people a full half second clear of the rest of the Top 10.

Since I had a Top 10 time in the 4C at Maggiore for most of the day, I'll toss my name in here in case anyone has any questions. I don't believe my game is bugged as I most definitely did not have grip with this car! I ran several races with others in the Top 10 and was not able to really pull away from anyone and/or catch others.

I think I raced you a couple of times.
It didn’t look like you had the bug. I was able to follow you closely, and even overtake you when you made a mistake.
Our lines were really good during the race and the disparity between us and the rest of the field was because we were the only DR A drivers in the race.

I think I raced you a couple of times.
It didn’t look like you had the bug. I was able to follow you closely, and even overtake you when you made a mistake.
Our lines were really good during the race and the disparity between us and the rest of the field was because we were the only DR A drivers in the race.

Yeah, if I recall correctly we qualified 1-2 for several races, and I held the lead and won once or twice and then slipped up on the third race and you took it. There was nothing out of the ordinary about the races that I saw.

Anyone can test to see if they have the bug easily.
Go to Nurburgring GP, (Gr3, Default settings, Racing Hard tyres) and if you can brake much further than the start of that run off strip of concrete (like half way into it) on the left into dunlop you have it.
(pictures in first post)

Last edited:
If it was exploited to its full potential your times would be consistently several seconds clear of the top ten, not tenths.
Perhaps there is an argument that they are exploiting the bug more than we might think from the replays. It was stated earlier that if your car had train track physics the fastest line wouldn't be the widest radius as it would normally. While I agree and have stated based on the replays that I think there are top 10 guys without a bug who would be even faster if they could exploit such a bug perhaps that statement is premature. I don't know anything about this bug and how it functions or the best way to exploit it so perhaps such a statement isn't accurate. Maybe the guy in first place is exploiting the bug better than others, maybe more have the bug and don't realise it and are not exploiting it like the fastest guy because the fastest guy understands the bug and how to exploit it. Because I don't have the same bug I can't really say and perhaps you also can't say.

Go to Nurburgring GP and if you can brake much further than the start of that run off strip of concrete (like half way into it) on the left into dunlop you have it.
(pictures in first post)
I'm guessing you are talking about the Porsche Gr.3 but in what conditions?

[QUOTE="]

I'm guessing you are talking about the Porsche Gr.3 but in what conditions?[/QUOTE]

Default settings, Racing Hard tyres.

Semantics....and ludicrous.

The bug doesn't come complete with damn autodrive, giving you instant perfect, optimal racing lines.

I know mental arm wrestling is the fashion for GTPlanet.
But you're simply arguing for arguments sake.

Not a game I'm keen to continue.
Bug or not I'm still fast fullstop bcz it's mainly my own doing with help of some phyicics

From the games perspective, why would PD create a game where some random cars/accounts ends up with a speed boost, it seems weird and almost as if the game had this ability for some other reason..
It's a inside job lol I bet many top racers have this bug period bcz money talks

Just stop.
You have shown your character.
We are interested in making the game better, cleaner & fairer.
Go play with your cheat physics and feel great you beat others unfairly.
Ok cry baby after all I'm the victim here butter head

I didn't ask for this bug so don't call me a cheat bird brain

I submitted the thread to EUROGAMER, maybe they will look into it. I find it strange that PD doesn't have anyone "patrolling" the many GT forums around the world. So much to learn from the gamers..
Lol all this is a waste of time Sony or the pds will fix it if they find out how it got there so they can make a replica

[QUOTE="]

I'm guessing you are talking about the Porsche Gr.3 but in what conditions?

Default settings, Racing Hard tyres.[/QUOTE]
Conditions as in what time? Overcast or sunny? You do realise the track conditions alter your grip levels and times right?

Go to Nurburgring GP, (Gr3, Default settings, Racing Hard tyres) and if you can brake much further than the start of that run off strip of concrete (like half way into it) on the left into dunlop you have it.
(pictures in first post)
The start of the strip is very optimistic, my usual braking point is a few metres before reaching it. I don't know about that OP RSR though.

7HO
Default settings, Racing Hard tyres.
Conditions as in what time? Overcast or sunny? You do realise the track conditions alter your grip levels and times right?[/QUOTE]

Its pretty much the same in all conditions.
You won't be able to brake much later than the start of the strip in any conditions on any tyres.
If you can brake half way down and still make the corner you are bugged.
Its not a tiny difference there its huge, you will know.

The start of the strip is very optimistic, my usual braking point is a few metres before reaching it. I don't know about that OP RSR though.
That's why I said the start, that is about the limit for "normal physics"
I can make it bang on the start, that is my marker for braking.

(Sorry for double post, im not good at this quoting thing)

10m 50secs.Lewis brakes there and even the games cones braking marker is at the start of the strip.

That's why I said the start, that is about the limit for "normal physics"
I can make it bang on the start, that is my marker for braking.

10m 50secs.Lewis brakes there and even the games cones braking marker is at the start of the strip.

I didn't say it's wrong, but I keep it safe during the race, I have been bitten too many times trying to test the limits. At least with the Z4, M6, 4C and the Viper.

I didn't say it's wrong, but I keep it safe during the race, I have been bitten too many times trying to test the limits. At least with the Z4, M6, 4C and the Viper.

Oh Yeah i know mate, i meant on a qualifying type pushing 100% lap.

Bug or not I'm still fast fullstop bcz it's mainly my own doing with help of some phyicics
Nope, apparently you should be seconds ahead of L_Shooter, regardless.
I mean if he was to gain 2.2 secs using the bug, then you gaining 2.2 secs on your own lap time isn't good enough.
Clearly you're not doing it right.

And clearly I'm being extremely sarcastic.

Last edited:
Hey!

What about we stop attacking each other?

Both sides told what they think about continuing racing with the bug. Let’s move on. Nobody is breaking any law for now. PD is dealing with it.
Indeed.
This whole exercise started out in perfect fashion.
Clear and concise info. backed with rigorous testing.

Sadly, it's been all downhill since then.

Excellent News!

Have you got the link where they say that or even acknowledge they know about it whatsoever?
Let me give you 3 options, and you can choose.

1: PD live in a cocoon and don't even know the issue exists.
2: PD know the issue exists but don't give a damn.
3: PD know the issue exists and are working on replicating the problem and trying to solve it.

Well as expected I have the antigrip bug which makes me feel real good about my top ten time earlier. I just tried the Porsche at Nurburgring GP, I can't even match MINKIHL's braking point, not possible.

But I've always known this. I see some people drive GR.3 cars with no TC, LOL! Not on my account. If I'm in second gear without TC and I try a fraction of the throttle their telemetry shows I will spin, it has never been possible for me to not use TC and get anywhere near their inputs, my game doesn't have those kinds of grip levels.

This really adds light IMO to some of the physics arguments we have had here where others say things about grip in this game and I think they are crazy and when I talk about my grip others think I am crazy. Perhaps some of us are playing a different game? What if we all are?

When I first read the original post, I was going to create a thread for the rest of us to discuss and post suspicious videos. So that this thread could be kept clean and concise.
Maybe a mod could split this thread and only allow the investigators to post in this one?

Excellent News!

Have you got the link where they say that or even acknowledge they know about it whatsoever?

Someone here said they already passed the information along.

There's also this:

I told WorldGaming about this issue, because they have an event starting tomorrow, and they replied.

And it is a big game (AAA) developer.
They are dealing with it. I didn’t say they already know what’s going on or that a patch is coming tomorrow. I said dealing.
If they know about this thread, and it appears so, they are dealing.
Planning tests... schedules... announcements...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back