Grip bug thread

• Thread starter GT_Alex74
  • 570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone here said they already passed the information along.

There's also this:

And it is a big game (AAA) developer.
They are dealing with it. I didn’t say they already know what’s going on or that a patch is coming tomorrow. I said dealing.
If they know about this thread, and it appears so, they are dealing.
Planning tests... schedules... announcements...

Yes sorry to be harsh in my last post mate.
Until PD actually announce they know about it i am taking it as they don't.

This is what is so bad, it takes a simple tweet, post or call from PD/Kaz/Yosp etc letting us know that they are aware.

7HO
Well as expected I have the antigrip bug which makes me feel real good about my top ten time earlier. I just tried the Porsche at Nurburgring GP, I can't even match MINKIHL's braking point, not possible.

But I've always known this. I see some people drive GR.3 cars with no TC, LOL! Not on my account. If I'm in second gear without TC and I try a fraction of the throttle their telemetry shows I will spin, it has never been possible for me to not use TC and get anywhere near their inputs, my game doesn't have those kinds of grip levels.

This really adds light IMO to some of the physics arguments we have had here where others say things about grip in this game and I think they are crazy and when I talk about my grip others think I am crazy. Perhaps some of us are playing a different game? What if we all are?

But i and many others don't have the bug and can drive Gr3 and even Gr1 without TC and CSA on DS4 pretty easily.
Its just practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
But i and many others don't have the bug and can drive Gr3 and even Gr1 without TC and CSA on DS4 pretty easily.
Its just practice.
Yeah just practice because I'm a noob to sim racing /s

I've had an iRating up around 4500, a few years back I did the setups for my team on iRacing. I just went back to iRacing and already I have a top 15 practice time unassisted and a guy in the top ten was slower than me all session and only ran faster than me in that session by following in my draft. But I'm not even back up to my old speed there yet. In every other sim my time is relevant to the fastest guys and in every other sim I can drive without TC and I can drive like those top guys just slightly slower. That time I mentioned on iRacing is about 6 tenths slower than the fastest time. In the past in GT3 when I put the time in I was often able to get with 1 second of the fastest times. In some other cars I was closer to the pace. That type of performance is reflected in other sims. Only here am I so far off the pace and do I struggle so much. I've argued time and time again that this is one of the hardest sims for me to drive while others are saying it is too easy. I think now that's because we are playing a different game with different physics.

Did you miss the part earlier where I said I have different physics every time I log on? The physics I just tested the Porsche in are my fast physics for today. Earlier I ran a top ten time here but I still have no grip. When I log out and log back in my physics will be different again. I have driven with no TC in the past, it was early on but at some point I have no longer been able to drive without TC. The problem is every account on my Playstation seems to be effected the same, that is why I said I suspect there might be an issue with my Playstation. Each time I log in I get different physics. They are mostly roughly the same but there was that one login earlier on the non PS+ account where I had to brake much much earlier. Normally if I log out and log back in my braking points change by a couple of meters either way almost like I have different weather each time but I'm constantly testing exactly the same conditions.

Don't say nothing you have no idea about mate . I know more on this rubbish than you

Ok cry baby after all I'm the victim here butter head

I didn't ask for this bug so don't call me a cheat bird brain
Note: That last one was a quote to yourself.

I don't care what bug you may or may not have, but if you want to act like an idiot, go find somewhere else.

7HO

I've had an iRating up around 4500, a few years back I did the setups for my team on iRacing. I just went back to iRacing and already I have a top 15 practice time unassisted and a guy in the top ten was slower than me all session and only ran faster than me in that session by following in my draft. But I'm not even back up to my old speed there yet. In every other sim my time is relevant to the fastest guys and in every other sim I can drive without TC and I can drive like those top guys just slightly slower. That time I mentioned on iRacing is about 6 tenths slower than the fastest time. In the past in GT3 when I put the time in I was often able to get with 1 second of the fastest times. In some other cars I was closer to the pace. That type of performance is reflected in other sims. Only here am I so far off the pace and do I struggle so much. I've argued time and time again that this is one of the hardest sims for me to drive while others are saying it is too easy. I think now that's because we are playing a different game with different physics.

Did you miss the part earlier where I said I have different physics every time I log on? The physics I just tested the Porsche in are my fast physics for today. Earlier I ran a top ten time here but I still have no grip. When I log out and log back in my physics will be different again. I have driven with no TC in the past, it was early on but at some point I have no longer been able to drive without TC. The problem is every account on my Playstation seems to be effected the same, that is why I said I suspect there might be an issue with my Playstation. Each time I log in I get different physics. They are mostly roughly the same but there was that one login earlier on the non PS+ account where I had to brake much much earlier. Normally if I log out and log back in my braking points change by a couple of meters either way almost like I have different weather each time but I'm constantly testing exactly the same conditions.

I wasn't doubting your speed or anything.
Im just saying it is possible to drive without TC, if in fact there are different levels of the bug then you have a point but comparing my braking points to the majority and Lewis Hamiltons lap my braking points, apex speed etc are near identical.

At the moment the only version we know to exist for a fact is the "+3 seconds" type.

Maybe i shouldn't have said "easily" as its rarely easy.

I wasn't doubting your speed or anything.
Im just saying it is possible to drive without TC, if in fact there are different levels of the bug then you have a point but comparing my braking points to the majority and Lewis Hamiltons lap my braking points, apex speed etc are near identical.

At the moment the only version we know to exist for a fact is the "+3 seconds" type.

Maybe i shouldn't have said "easily" as its rarely easy.
Here's the thing. My game has for a long time been very different to what most people describe. I'm faster with TC. Yeah I can drive with TC off but I do not have the same grip levels others have, I can't come close to the same inputs without spinning, it isn't a practice thing. I can't brake at the point in that pic at the start of the thread, the last pic that brakes earlier, if I brake there I will go wide. I must brake a bit earlier than that and this was tested with the same login that is running my fastest times of today.

Things that are different about my game compared to others. Grip levels and physics. There is evidence to back that up on this board. In my post history you can find arguments with people including staff about our opinions of the grip and physics. We had very different opinions, they thought the game had too much grip I argued at times the grip was not enough. I argued my physics are very realistic at times and my driving experience here was better than a lot of other "sims". This makes so much more sense now, I have different physics and less grip.

Other things that are different. My BoP is better. While others can just pick a Porsche, I can't. These cars don't run quicker lap times for me. My BoP is really good, when I try different cars I always run times within a few tenths of each other and have no advantage by switching cars, that is why I always stick with my favourite cars. Yes different cars have advantages in different areas but they all run similar lap times for me and I've never been able to gain an advantage. But my son could get better times in those cars and yet he is still slower than me. I think I might try playing on my sons PS4 when he lets me steal it off him, he just said not today as I don't have Fortnight installed on mine.

There was another thing that is different that I was going to mention and right now it slipped my mind as I've rushed ahead to my next thought (I think faster than I type and I'm very forgetful at times).

I think I have seen this bug ages ago before anyone started talking about it and I mentioned what I saw in a post. At the time I just thought it was the OP Megane I witnessed. My son was racing and i was watching over his shoulder and this guy was running terrible lines and crashing into walls and other cars but he was so much faster no matter what he did. My son was driving good lines and I could see him coming in the distance. I warned my son to stay out of his way because he was taking people out and despite his terrible driving he was able to drive past my son like he had Nitrous.

The thing is I have mentioned in the past almost tongue in cheek when I've had previous discussions that it is like we are talking about different games and now I'm starting to get convinced that my statements might have been accurate. And the thing is why haven't PD fixed BoP? Why are some cars always OP at each track. Like I said My game is different, I'm starting to think if everyone was playing the game I'm playing people might be a lot happier with this game.

From the games perspective, why would PD create a game where some random cars/accounts ends up with a speed boost, it seems weird and almost as if the game had this ability for some other reason..

That's why it's called a bug. No developer would "create" a game with this grip issue from the get go.

7HO
I can't even match MINKIHL's braking point, not possible

Just to be clear here, those screenshots were taken with soft tires and custom setups (but both MINK and RA had the same setup). With hard tires you have to brake a bit earlier, yes. I was on that lobby.

7HO

It's easier to drive on the limit in every other sim than in GTS, especially without any aids. PC2's and AC's FFB, tire model and physics, for example (I never tried iRacing), are so much better than GTS's that even though they are harder to be fast, once you are, they're way more predictable (the cars I mean).

You probably can't drive fast without TCS in GTS because you're used to feel the cars. In GTS everyone has to drive on the limit with visual inputs only and lots of practice and muscle memory. Which sucks.

Don't think those laps on the top10 come out at first try. At least I can't. I have to fail quite a bit until I know where the car goes off, memorize it and then make my flying laps. Which sucks too because (and I've been saying this since day 1) GTS's tire model is ridiculous and FFS is also only half decent IMO.

@Tassie_tiger why can't you share the information you got from @Devilsgrave72 here with everyone that started this thread and found/noticed the issue? Is that considered private if it's related to the topic at hand?

Last edited:
I'm not a cheater fullstop and now I'm racing with it I'm still not cheating . Tough luck to other racers because I didn't ask for this bug in the first place ! It's like finding 1 million dollars and returning it .... Would you delete your files on this game over a bug ? Or return 1 million dollars you found ?

I'm not a cheater fullstop and now I'm racing with it I'm still not cheating . Tough luck to other racers because I didn't ask for this bug in the first place ! It's like finding 1 million dollars and returning it .... Would you delete your files on this game over a bug ? Or return 1 million dollars you found ?

The 1 million dollars are not yours, that would make you a thief. And of course you can race all you want, it's just that it does not matter if you win anymore.. it wasn't you, it was magic tires..

The 1 million dollars are not yours, that would make you a thief. And of course you can race all you want, it's just that it does not matter if you win anymore.. it wasn't you, it was magic tires..
No my friend it is me fullstop

And my game and profile will always matter

Would I be buying all the food around and leave everyone else dealing with hunger? Even if I knew that 1 million I got was only in my bank acc by mistake?

You're not exactly playing alone on arcade. You're knowingly using the bug against other people.

Yes, I would avoid using it. I would open a new account. RA did that.

Also, why are you still here if you refuse to contribute to the thread with any kind of useful information?

Last edited:
I wouldnt delete my account,i might even continue putting fast times untill PD fixes it, but i sure as hell wouldnt continue racing it against others knowing i have an unfair advantage over them. Doing that is exploiting a bug to your own benefit and then it does become very close to being cheating. You are correct you are a victim for having it, but if you continue to race it you are only making more victims of the bug by beating people who dont have it.

You couldve come out of this a hero like @RA1784 but with your attitude you killing your own reputation right now.

I would. I get no satisfaction beating people with an unfair advantage.

In the beginning when you didn't know the existence of the glitch, no problem, but once you acknowledge the issue and continue to take advantage, you're wrong imo. There's a way to clean your account.

But it's your life, you do what you feel is right. The only certain you have is that the party will come to an end sometime.

Would I be buying all the food around and leave everyone else dealing with hunger? Even if I knew that 1 million I got was only in my bank acc by mistake?

You're not exactly playing alone on arcade. You're knowingly using the bug against other people.

Yes, I would avoid using it. I would open a new account.

Also, why are you still here !!! I don't know why I'm here putting up and listening to clowns trying to save a video game ! I really don't care about all this **** and if I have this bug forever Il continue to kick top 10 butts lol good night nerds

I would. I get no satisfaction beating people with an unfair advantage.

In the beginning when you didn't know the existence of the glitch, no problem, but once you acknowledge the issue and continue to take advantage, you're wrong
And which people do you want to impress with non legit stats? You just lying to yourself.
It's not going to work mate trying to make me feel guilty ! And I hope this bug never gets patched so I can continue kicking your girly asses

I don't know why I'm here putting up and listening to clowns trying to save a video game ! I really don't care about all this **** and if I have this bug forever Il continue to kick top 10 butts lol good night nerds

It's not going to work mate trying to make me feel guilty ! And I hope this bug never gets patched so I can continue kicking your girly asses
And that's your final answers. Goodbye.

Also, why are you still here !!! I don't know why I'm here putting up and listening to clowns trying to save a video game ! I really don't care about all this **** and if I have this bug forever Il continue to kick top 10 butts lol good night nerds

Yeah, maybe I'm still here because I don't break the AUP and resort to insult other members.

Good luck with that. It's a shame that you took it personally from the beginning. RA set a good standard and we thought other people would deal with the situation the same way.

Whatever floats your boat i guess. You just single handedly killed your own reputation within this small community. If you choose to not care about that then thats fine, its your choice. We cant force you to stop playing your bugged account. Just dont expect any respect for the laps you put in or races youve won doing so.

Snip

@Tassie_tiger why can't you share the information you got from @Devilsgrave72 here with everyone that started this thread and found/noticed the issue? Is that considered private if it's related to the topic at hand?
Yeh mate, sorry.
The discussion was deliberately private, and so what was said will remain as such.
I trust you can understand that.

I've already mentioned (rightly or wrongly) that some points regarding the issue were raised that hadn't been mentioned before.
And those details have been passed on to PD.
Whether that helps them or not is anyone's guess.

And at the end of the day that's what matters, and it was generous of Devilsgrave72 to share his info.
Not that many here seem to appreciate that fact.

Yeh mate, sorry.
The discussion was deliberately private, and so what was said will remain as such.
I trust you can understand that.

I've already mentioned (rightly or wrongly) that some points regarding the issue were raised that hadn't been mentioned before.
And those details have been passed on to PD.
Whether that helps them or not is anyone's guess.

And at the end of the day that's what matters, and it was generous of Devilsgrave72 to share his info.
Not that many here seem to appreciate that fact.

That's OK I guess. :)

But for all we know, he didn't share anything here apart from facile insults and sarcastic insinuations.

I just asked you because whatever information it was, could help everyone else here shed a light on the issue and possibly avoid calling out people who are fast but clean.

I can't comprehend why PD doesn't acknowledged the issue or at least say something. I guess that's just how they roll. :/

That's OK I guess. :)

But for all we know, he didn't share anything here apart from facile insults and sarcastic insinuations.

I just asked you because whatever information it was, could help everyone else here shed a light on the issue and possibly avoid calling out people who are fast but clean.

I can't comprehend why PD doesn't acknowledged the issue or at least say something. I guess that's just how they roll. :/
I don't know what "calling out" anyone actually achieves.

And people are only interested in calling out those in the top 10.
So where is the evidence that those outside the top 10 aren't affected?
And if people outside the top 10 are affected, then why the obsession with hunting down top 10 racers?

I understand it's the easiest place to find "evidence".
But it's become a rather unbecoming witch-hunt.

Last edited:
And I thought Eric Cartman was a cartoon character.

And if people outside the top 10 are affected, then why the obsession with hunting down top 10 racers?

I understand it's the easiest place to fine "evidence".
Are you suffering from this "grip bug"?

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys just lynched him but I don't think he is technically a cheater and might be somewhat in the right. What he is doing seems no different than any professional race team finding a loophole in the rules and exploiting it to their advantage to win. It isn't cheating if he has not broke any rules, it is the racers edge, someone who will find any legal advantage they can to win because racers want to win. Like I said earlier we don't know anything about this bug and the way @Tassie_tiger who clearly knows something we don't was replying made me rethink my position in this argument.

I understand it's the easiest place to fine "evidence".

Calling out achieves nothing, exactly. That's why I wrote " avoiding it". No one wants to call out people. We Trier to reach some players who could make some testa and help us figuring out what the issue was/is. That's different from simply calling out someone.

No one is interested on calling out top10 players. What happens is that only those in the top10 have their laps available and that's how this issue came to light, despite some of us having already some idea that something was wrong.

It's perfectly possible that some people already know about the bug, can make top10 times but just don't do it so they aren't spotted.

I have no idea where you've seen the which hunt behaviour in this thread. Well I've seen a player making himself sound like he was being hunted while at the same time insulting other people but that's different.

That's why it's called a bug. No developer would "create" a game with this grip issue from the get go.

Just to be clear here, those screenshots were taken with soft tires and custom setups (but both MINK and RA had the same setup). With hard tires you have to brake a bit earlier, yes. I was on that lobby.

It's easier to drive on the limit in every other sim than in GTS, especially without any aids. PC2's and AC's FFB, tire model and physics, for example (I never tried iRacing), are so much better than GTS's that even though they are harder to be fast, once you are, they're way more predictable (the cars I mean).

You probably can't drive fast without TCS in GTS because you're used to feel the cars. In GTS everyone has to drive on the limit with visual inputs only and lots of practice and muscle memory. Which sucks.

Don't think those laps on the top10 come out at first try. At least I can't. I have to fail quite a bit until I know where the car goes off, memorize it and then make my flying laps. Which sucks too because (and I've been saying this since day 1) GTS's tire model is ridiculous and FFS is also only half decent IMO.

The only problem with the handling in GT Sport are the bad LSD default setups. You just have to go from 40 to 20 on the acceleration setting and driving GT3 cars without TCS is no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back