Group 3 BMW Z4, is it no longer awful ?

• Thread starter pburford
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I always had a soft sport for Gr.3 Z4 in GT Sport but would never argue it was a good car, however I think the GT7 Z4 maybe kinda good, what do you think ?

I got it free from roulette and it helped me win a few gt races as it had good acceleration compared to my other gr4 cars

Loved the Z4 GT3 in GTS, but PD nuked the car in GT7. It's supposed to have a 48:52 FR weight distribution, but for some reason it has 53:47 in GT7, which makes it understeer like the M6 without the power of the M6. Pixel for pixel identical fuel economy last I tested in GTS too.

It's almost like someone at BMW spilled Sake onto Kaz's crotch. The M4 Gr.4 is even tagged as a midship car.

I have a sentimental appreciation for Z4s as well but I don't think I would have described the Gr.3 Z4 in GTS as good! I naively picked it for a Manu series one time, tried real hard but figured that I was just too slow to get anywhere close to the top times. Then happened to try using a Lexus one time and realised that the problem might not be me...

I will never forget the time though that it somehow got me 4 straight wins in the rain at Spa at one of the rounds!

Weight distribution would be less of a factor if they had good setups at stock.

I have a sentimental appreciation for Z4s as well but I don't think I would have described the Gr.3 Z4 in GTS as good! I naively picked it for a Manu series one time, tried real hard but figured that I was just too slow to get anywhere close to the top times. Then happened to try using a Lexus one time and realised that the problem might not be me...

I will never forget the time though that it somehow got me 4 straight wins in the rain at Spa at one of the rounds!

Weight distribution would be less of a factor if they had good setups at stock.
Exactly the same here! This was the go-to car for rain at Spa, unbeatable!

Back