Group 3 BoP Testing

• Thread starter Tidgney
  • 290 comments
Absolutely hammering through these Tidge! Keep it going :P

Cheers dude :)

I’m really enjoying the AMG @Tidgney! This is a car that I would never drive if it wasn’t for your video so thanks for that.

No problemo :D

Hi @Tidgney, thanks for doing these!

Do you use stock brake balance?

Also, your 911 RSR lap on Interlagos was really good! In the daily race last week on Interlagos, two drivers did a 1:30.0 in the RSR with BoP. Is this possible to do legitimately? Curious because they both didn’t have replays. I’m struggling to see where in the lap that time could come off from.

Yup, always use stock brake balance as everyone has their own preference for brake balance. As posted Shooters time will be legit, remember with these tests I do 15 laps maximum and the times set by some of these guys will be after a good few hours work!

Would be interesting to see a re-test of the NSX at some point. I think I'm right in saying the original test was before it got buffed in the April BoP update. I've been using it a lot lately and I think it's very competitive now.

It's still not the fastest in a straight line, but it can hold its own and seems very balanced in the corners. Main weaknesses for me are it needs to be revved hard to maintain speed (not so good for fuel saving) and it's not as stable over curbs as the 911. Probably not as good on the brakes, either. I swear the 911's main advantage is you can brake a yard or so later for every corner.

Anecdotally, it seems very easy on its tires, though that could just be my driving style.

I will would do however there's potential this whole BoP test could frustratingly be killed! Main reason being there's a new tyre model and it has drastically changed how some cars react (Unless they've had their setup changed).

@Tidgney hope you have had the chance to pick your brains over BoP with Kaz.

I want to at least talk to them about this tomorrow before I have to leave :).

@cleanLX not as yet, to my knowledge. It's been discussed in the world tour thread, probably will be rolled out to us before too long.

I ve looked through the issue... it looks that such model may come closer to reality and also to the model from AC... may actually help decreasing number of dirty and careless drivers on GTS...

I hope so!

I ve looked through the issue... it looks that such model may come closer to reality and also to the model from AC... may actually help decreasing number of dirty and careless drivers on GTS...

I hope so!
Watching how the guys were racing yesterday it didn't seem like it :lol:

Watching how the guys were racing yesterday it didn't seem like it :lol:
Most probably.. they are not yet adapted to such model... surely! It will take several weeks to get adapted to it...I m sure of that... they ve used the actual tire model for months... and adaptation period is not just some days...

Yo guys,

I've not abandoned this I was waiting until today to find out if the new tyre model was in but there's nothing in the notes so I'm not sure when it will be introduced. The new tyre model does greatly change how the cars handle, especially with tyre wear which is why I've not instantly come back and starting ploughing through the remainder.. so much so I think the ENTIRE thing has to be redone... I've sort of explained it in this video (In case you're not subscribed);

So if you don't want to watch it in a nut shell I'm in 2 minds, 1 is that I should finish the profiles of the car as they are still nice to have to understand how they react, as the cars will or at least should still act similar. The times obviously will be vastly different but potential to change with the new tyre model once it's implemented.. I also don't know when it is going to be implemented so there is a potential that we won't finish them off before the new tyre model. The other mindset is because the times will be so different, waiting until the new tyre model comes in, do the final set of profiles and then redo the BoP tests but on a track by track basis (Similar to what I was planning when adding tracks). Track by track basis would mean a track video rather than a video for each car to as I'm not really a fan of spam videos and I'd rather give you a good summary.

Let me know your thoughts guys I'm interested in everyone's opinion as this is for the community. O and for added fun, I actually used the BoP test to help with our Manufacturer choice in Germany ;)! So it was useful! Speaking of Germany thanks to anyone who supported me as well, really was much appreciated seeing messages and hearing you guys watching it, really was a brilliant event!

I think the tests still provide good assessment on car behaviour and such. There have already been plenty of changes to BoP values as it is so the times will never be quite representative but at least for me the analysis and difficulty ratings have been pretty much spot on.

If you finish the 1st round of tests, then do another round if with te new model. It is good for comparison between both.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I did read it at the time but then I got ill and had a bit of a break from racing!

Last week I was umming and ahhing about starting them as they said mid June, alas nothing last week so I did the M6 last night, and today the announcement of maintenance, which is really typical to happen! Even so I've done the BMW and I want to finish the remaining cars as well. So..

• If the new tyre model changes car behaviour substantially (Which I'm not expecting from my experience in Germany) I will look at the videos in a different light going forward...
  • If the behaviours don't change but tyres do I already have a plan for this so please don't panic.. In short the remaining profiles will happen and then the format will change as if new tracks were being added and updates to spreadsheet/updates videos for a given selection of cars will appear
  • If there's no new tyre model or it doesn't change the cars or times without wear then we just carry on as we have been :).

Remember as well I believe PD have also hired some aliens from Japan to also do BoP testing so we could be seeing the closest results ever...

Here's the M6 of course after a break from racing, but back on it pretty much straight away it's just my fastest laps are further away from optimums that's all :).. Enjoy!

Remember as well I believe PD have also hired some aliens from Japan to also do BoP testing so we could be seeing the closest results ever...

Yep, this is one of the BoP testers.

E88A3A02-A392-4A27-B387-C2759CB6C9BF.png

Just look at that consistency and pace. :eek:

His qualifying is also on par with RB’s times!

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I did read it at the time but then I got ill and had a bit of a break from racing!

Last week I was umming and ahhing about starting them as they said mid June, alas nothing last week so I did the M6 last night, and today the announcement of maintenance, which is really typical to happen! Even so I've done the BMW and I want to finish the remaining cars as well. So..

• If the new tyre model changes car behaviour substantially (Which I'm not expecting from my experience in Germany) I will look at the videos in a different light going forward...
  • If the behaviours don't change but tyres do I already have a plan for this so please don't panic.. In short the remaining profiles will happen and then the format will change as if new tracks were being added and updates to spreadsheet/updates videos for a given selection of cars will appear
  • If there's no new tyre model or it doesn't change the cars or times without wear then we just carry on as we have been :).

Here's the M6 of course after a break from racing, but back on it pretty much straight away it's just my fastest laps are further away from optimums that's all :).. Enjoy!

I am sure you know this, but, the M6’s are not the same. Power and weight are the same but the tunes are different thus they need to be treated individually. We use GT3 cars alot on the Ring Rats room where we drive these cars in 2 and 3 hour races in untuned form. The Walkenhorst car is superior .
Edit: and they may require different tunes to accomplish equality and I am not sure that the car model is identical.

You mean "we could" as in future BoP? Gr.3 is getting close, but there are a couple of cars that still need some balancing (I don't just mean the Mercedes).

I am sure you know this, but, the M6’s are not the same. Power and weight are the same but the tunes are different thus they need to be treated individually. We use GT3 cars alot on the Ring Rats room where we drive these cars in 2 and 3 hour races in untuned form. The Walkenhorst car is superior .
Edit: and they may require different tunes to accomplish equality and I am not sure that the car model is identical.

Actually? Are the BoP tunes are different?!

Well, i was surprised that the two manfacturers that i was considering for the fia championships are in the top 5 as of right now. Mclaren in 4th overall and lamborghini in 5th overall. I was torn between the two before today. But when i learned that i could not enter because of my arizona residency, i was like, so much for that plan. Anyways, it will be intersting when you finish the rest of the gr 3 cars, where the huracan and 650s ends up. Keep up the good work

Hey Guys,

Latest video is up this time it's the Ford Mustang Gr.3 car :). I think it's got the suspected strengths and weaknesses most people know already but please do enjoy the video :). I'm going to try get 2 out next week although I'm actually filming more than 2 tomorrow as I want to get them all done including the updated BoPs of cars that have already been adjusted before any new tyre model comes in..

Yep, this is one of the BoP testers.

View attachment 745116

Just look at that consistency and pace. :eek:

His qualifying is also on par with RB’s times!

Excellent consistency that :D! It would be nice if they looked at the BoP test results that we've done here actually to help them with it? Reminds me of a race in Project Cars 1 I did for the official championship, 30 minute race and all my laps within 3 tenths of each other and that was with 0 sleep and a redbull haha!

I actually didn't know this :embarrassed:! I have mentioned it in the latest video because I want to approach this in a different way rather than a car profile. We'll do a bit more digging with it and see what we do from there. Like comparing everything and I might take both cars to 1 track to show the difference first.

K32
You mean "we could" as in future BoP? Gr.3 is getting close, but there are a couple of cars that still need some balancing (I don't just mean the Mercedes).

O for sure, I love the group 3 class and I think group 3, and group 2 are the only classes at the moment which can at least be balanced properly and have some immense racing irrespective of the car.

Well, i was surprised that the two manfacturers that i was considering for the fia championships are in the top 5 as of right now. Mclaren in 4th overall and lamborghini in 5th overall. I was torn between the two before today. But when i learned that i could not enter because of my arizona residency, i was like, so much for that plan. Anyways, it will be intersting when you finish the rest of the gr 3 cars, where the huracan and 650s ends up. Keep up the good work

That is true that it's a surprise they are high but the risk of driving some of those cars is higher so they really should be at the top if their risk is higher :P! Sorry to hear you can't enter due to the Arizona residency :(.

It should be noted that tyre wear and fuel economy are not taken into account on these tests so fastest here might not be fastest in the long run in FIA races :dopey:

That's another aspect of the balancing that could bring the cars closer together.

It should be noted that tyre wear and fuel economy are not taken into account on these tests so fastest here might not be fastest in the long run in FIA races :dopey:

That's another aspect of the balancing that could bring the cars closer together.

Don't worry I'm dealing with that part of it once the initial test is complete :).

A lot of work you put into this for sure!

Personally which drivetrain type do you feel fits your driving style best and you think is the easiest for you to get the very maximum performance out of?

F/R, F/F or M/R-R/R ?

Woops it appears as though I forgot to post the Mazda Atenza from last week! Apologies for that! So here's 2 BoP tests including 1 huge surprise! Now I'm also off for the remainder of this week and next so I expect them all to be done before the July update. I also want to retest all cars that have been re-BoP'd but this will be done with my new wheel (T-GT) and not my current Fanatec. I will however make sure I'm on pace with the T-GT before doing the retests!

Enjoy :).

Woops it appears as though I forgot to post the Mazda Atenza from last week! Apologies for that! So here's 2 BoP tests including 1 huge surprise! Now I'm also off for the remainder of this week and next so I expect them all to be done before the July update. I also want to retest all cars that have been re-BoP'd but this will be done with my new wheel (T-GT) and not my current Fanatec. I will however make sure I'm on pace with the T-GT before doing the retests!

Enjoy :).

Man you work too hard. Think it's time for another holiday.

Not surprised by the SLS. PD has known this for a while too, just look at the BOP changes. This is AFTER it's been nerfed (twice?).

Just wanted to thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this. I didn't realise the GR3 is actually so close. It means I've got no valid excuse other than my low ability level, when I end up losing the lead pack of cars!

Back