Group 3 BoP Testing

• Thread starter Tidgney
  • 290 comments
One more question to the final events if you don't mind, is this correct?:

Based on the the results of season 3, a certain amount of players will be invited to a regional event (1 for EMEA, 1 for Asia, 1 for America). The winners of these events will meet each other in a final world event..

Or is there after season 3 only 1 event for all?

Would've been nice if anyone could answer shortly.

One more question to the final events if you don't mind, is this correct?:

Based on the the results of season 3, a certain amount of players will be invited to a regional event (1 for EMEA, 1 for Asia, 1 for America). The winners of these events will meet each other in a final world event.

The invitations are connected only to the result of season 3, there is no playroom for PD who they like or not. Because for the Nürb event they looked on the DR and other criterias which we don't/ didn't know.

The Regional Final is only for the Nations Cup, the top representative in each region of the 16 Manufacturers with the most points in the Final Season will go straight to the World Final. I imagine it'll follow a similar format to the World Tour event (endurance type races with driver swaps at pitstops).

World Tour event was just based on DR as of April 12, with a limit of 4 per country (unless they needed a reserve, hence 5 Brits)

I'm glad the 4c is the best because it's my favorite by far. It is weird to not see it at top of the leaderboards too much though. For me it's the fastest but i always assumed it was because I'm so familiar with it

Shame the GR 4 4c is so awful though. It makes me not choose Alfa for the manufacturer cup. There are tracks its so hopeless at, your opponents might as well be group 1 cars

He was ahead of Kie in Season 2 until he didn't realise he could've gotten into the Top 24 race, Kie ended up getting in as the 23 Car when he was actually like 26th or 27th in line to join, Ewerby was ahead but didn't sign up to the race because he didn't think he'd get in.

That, and he destroyed me at the World Tour :lol: Clear Mercedes favourite imo

Haha yeah that's definitely unlucky for him.
a0292db58955d6e075e326302d4557b0.jpg

Will be looking forward to seeing him progress this season nevertheless. :)

He was ahead of Kie in Season 2 until he didn't realise he could've gotten into the Top 24 race, Kie ended up getting in as the 23 Car when he was actually like 26th or 27th in line to join, Ewerby was ahead but didn't sign up to the race because he didn't think he'd get in.

That, and he destroyed me at the World Tour :lol: Clear Mercedes favourite imo

Thanks, that explains it.

@mthomas_95
Thanks!

As is written here before you Brits are very well presented in the top level. On the one hand you can be proud of it, on the other hand its sad for all the others then except of the 3 who will leave for the events.

But,

we have @TRL LIGHTNING !!! :D

(but don't feel pressured bro :))

No, seriously, the better ones should win :cheers:

I will eat my cookie and drink a cup of my turkish black tea m8 :D
So don't worry i am relaxed hehe ^^ (have been watching some anime recently lol)

Hi @Tidgney, watched your newest video and I’m looking forward to see the 100% effort version of you racing.

I don’t quite understand how you plan to test fuel and tyre wear though. If you just count the total time for one stint around Brands Hatch, wouldn’t that also heavily depend on that particular cars speed around that track?

I would suggest the following. Do one stint(lets say 9 laps) and count the total time. Lets say you are averaging 23.5s that should give you a total time of around 12:31.5

From that time substitute your personal best from the bop test nine times. For convenience sake lets say its 22.5.

In this case the result would be exactly 9 seconds.

Take this result and add the time it takes to refuel the car to 100%. The refueling rate in FIA races is 7 litres/s. Lets say you finish the stint with 30% fuel you would need 10 seconds to refuel.

These two times taken together come to 19 seconds. It should only be influenced by fuel and tyre wear because we factored out the overall speed of the car by substituting the bop time.

What do you think?

Hi @Tidgney, watched your newest video and I’m looking forward to see the 100% effort version of you racing.

I don’t quite understand how you plan to test fuel and tyre wear though. If you just count the total time for one stint around Brands Hatch, wouldn’t that also heavily depend on that particular cars speed around that track?

I would suggest the following. Do one stint(lets say 9 laps) and count the total time. Lets say you are averaging 23.5s that should give you a total time of around 12:31.5

From that time substitute your personal best from the bop test nine times. For convenience sake lets say its 22.5.

In this case the result would be exactly 9 seconds.

Take this result and add the time it takes to refuel the car to 100%. The refueling rate in FIA races is 7 litres/s. Lets say you finish the stint with 30% fuel you would need 10 seconds to refuel.

These two times taken together come to 19 seconds. It should only be influenced by fuel and tyre wear because we factored out the overall speed of the car by substituting the bop time.

What do you think?

Hey Mate,

Honestly any ideas is are always welcome, love new ideas so much appreciated! Tyre wear is so hard to decipher because as you say track is a factor and if a car is fast there then total time is impacted (Even more so at really fast straight tracks like Monza etc.). One reason I chose Brands though over other tracks is while yes a faster car would potentially have a faster time the times were so close last time we looked at Brands that only a couple of cars were really out the loop so to speak? Couple at the bottom and the top I would say only the Renault. Total time would be impacted minimally with performance. With that in mind it's still in a theory/test phase so I'm still not 100% on it.

So let me get your idea right in my head and on paper so I definitely understand it :D!

Average lap time over the stint e.g. 23.5
Fastest Optimum: 22.5
9 Lap stint = 9 second difference (1 second per lap)

Now the fuel bit I don't think we need to do if I'm honest because we are literally taking note of fuel level and laps remaining so it will be visible which cars use a lot and which cars don't? Unless fuel tank size has a significant issue but I kinda thought PD were working on %'s to negate that reason? I could be wrong though so do let me know. I do want to separate fuel and tyre wear though so we get a good indication of strengths, a car could have good tyre wear but be really bad on fuel or even the opposite way round.

Perhaps we combine ideas and just present it all and then we can come up with something? So..

- Total Time
- Average Time
- Your Formula for Average vs Fastest Optimum

- Fuel Laps Remaining end of e.g. Lap 9
- Fuel % end of e.g. Lap 9

- your idea of combining Time and Fuel time for an overall rank

I don't want to make this to complicated but the whole Fuel/Tyre issue is complicated anyway so I fear it might be a little bit but I'm sure we can come up with something. I could do with finding out what other people do in terms of tyre wear calculations to be honest as well as it's super difficult!

Now the fuel bit I don't think we need to do if I'm honest because we are literally taking note of fuel level and laps remaining so it will be visible which cars use a lot and which cars don't? Unless fuel tank size has a significant issue but I kinda thought PD were working on %'s to negate that reason? I could be wrong though so do let me know. I do want to separate fuel and tyre wear though so we get a good indication of strengths, a car could have good tyre wear but be really bad on fuel or even the opposite way round.

Combining both numbers could be used as an indicator of how much better or worse a car is in a race compared to its hot lapping ability. But you are right, in the end its a gimmick and listing tyre wear and fuel separately makes perfect sense.

Not sure about fuel tank size. I think in PDs world, every car has a fuel tank of 100 liters and 100l=100%. Otherwise, refueling time for the same amount in % wouldn't be consistent in all the cars(which I think it is).

Perhaps we combine ideas and just present it all and then we can come up with something? So..

- Total Time
- Average Time

Looks good to me:cheers:

Hey Mate,

Honestly any ideas is are always welcome, love new ideas so much appreciated! Tyre wear is so hard to decipher because as you say track is a factor and if a car is fast there then total time is impacted (Even more so at really fast straight tracks like Monza etc.). One reason I chose Brands though over other tracks is while yes a faster car would potentially have a faster time the times were so close last time we looked at Brands that only a couple of cars were really out the loop so to speak? Couple at the bottom and the top I would say only the Renault. Total time would be impacted minimally with performance. With that in mind it's still in a theory/test phase so I'm still not 100% on it.

So let me get your idea right in my head and on paper so I definitely understand it :D!

Average lap time over the stint e.g. 23.5
Fastest Optimum: 22.5
9 Lap stint = 9 second difference (1 second per lap)

- Total Time
- Average Time

I don't want to make this to complicated but the whole Fuel/Tyre issue is complicated anyway so I fear it might be a little bit but I'm sure we can come up with something. I could do with finding out what other people do in terms of tyre wear calculations to be honest as well as it's super difficult!
I would just keep it simple and do fuel and tire test separate.

Hey All,

Sorry for the delay! I now have a working wheel (Yay!) so the tests are now going to be coming thick and fast to get through them before the 11th May! There's a few days spare in between if I fall behind. Now if you saw the last video I did say this would be out yesterday but I had to take apart my Fanatec pedals as I feel the load cell affects the test to much so I've gone back to the 2 pedals for now and will use that after the BoP test is finished. To give you an idea I was struggling with trail braking but could brake later with the load cell, which is unfair in my mind for this test. Anyhow the Corvette is here, and it's a car that we have choices with in how we can complete a lap so enjoy :)! Dodge will be later today (As it's early morning here) or tomorrow if you're US :).

In addition I'm not updating the spreadsheet as I'm going to make a google document with that information plus a little bit more which you can then access and view!

Where can I find the spreadsheet/Google doc?

So I was bored tonight and decided to watch the last 2 driving school videos and a few bop tests and it got me wondering if you were going to test some of the more recent cars like the Ford GT or BMW M3. Or did the update to the tire model make it difficult to compare things now. Hope all is well, and of course thanks for all the work you put into these!

So I was bored tonight and decided to watch the last 2 driving school videos and a few bop tests and it got me wondering if you were going to test some of the more recent cars like the Ford GT or BMW M3. Or did the update to the tire model make it difficult to compare things now. Hope all is well, and of course thanks for all the work you put into these!

Hey Mate :),

Ye the new BoP test will happen, it's on my list of things to do, it's just time which is the critical thing but I do plan on doing it this year :)! I'm also wanting to wait until the ABS glitch is fixed as I suspect this will also impact just standard trail braking as well so will impact tests. But absolutely no worries, and it will begin again :D!

@Tidgney I wouldn't bet on the ABS glitch being fixed in this generation. It's likely an inherent problem with the GT physics engine that can't be solved in patch without breaking a whole host of other things. It's probably been there since the start anyway, but only recently came to light. Even then besides a few repeat offenders it hasn't really caught on so I wouldn't worry too much. Gr.3 cars are probably the least affected as well. As long as you test all cars under the same conditions, the laptime comparisons will still be valid 👍

Hey Mate :),

Ye the new BoP test will happen, it's on my list of things to do, it's just time which is the critical thing but I do plan on doing it this year :)! I'm also wanting to wait until the ABS glitch is fixed as I suspect this will also impact just standard trail braking as well so will impact tests. But absolutely no worries, and it will begin again :D!
Awesome to hear man, I'm looking forward to it. I do understand that time is critical so no worries, was just curious

@Tidgney I wouldn't bet on the ABS glitch being fixed in this generation. It's likely an inherent problem with the GT physics engine that can't be solved in patch without breaking a whole host of other things. It's probably been there since the start anyway, but only recently came to light. Even then besides a few repeat offenders it hasn't really caught on so I wouldn't worry too much. Gr.3 cars are probably the least affected as well. As long as you test all cars under the same conditions, the laptime comparisons will still be valid 👍

That is a good point, but I want to wait and see, fortunately I can at least try to contact PD now and see if it is going to be fixed before I start this again, but lets see what next weeks patch brings first :)! But ye if it's not going to be fixed then it'll be same conditions and all good :D!

Back