GT 7 GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter pmallard
  • 2,285 comments
I'm still lurking. šŸ˜‰ From what I've been reading about the lobbies, I'm glad I don't do them anymore. For my money the best lobbies were in GT5.
Had a feeling that a familiar lurker was out there. :lol: Sportā€™s lobbies were/are super user friendly for the host and the racers. GT7 totally FUBAR! That they (PD) could eff that up so badly is beyond belief.

You should pop into a party to say hello one of these days. It would be great to catch up!

Sunday 30 Min Event

8th May 10:30 ET, 15:30 UK
. This race will take place in our usual Sunday Lobby

We will race the GR3 Subaru BRZ GT300 21 @ Trial mountain for 16 laps. The tyre multiplier is x9 and the fuel is x6. We start with a full tank. Tyres for the race are RS and RM. Both sets of tyres must be used for the race, qualification tyre is open choice.

Practise/Qualification for 20 minutes. 5 min break before race.

Other Lobby Settings:
Preset Weather, S01 Dry Cloudless and Pleasant, Afternoon
BOP On
Tuning Prohibited
Grid Start
Slipstream Strong
Shortcut Penalty Weak
Pit Lane Cutting Penalty On
Flag Rules On

For anyone who's interested I've got a killer set-up for the 2J at 800 PP of my own making on RH, TC1, FM6 for the longer races. Won the World Touring 800 at Spa (bit tricky in the dark. Tip, turn up brightness on TV) & WT 800 at Sardegna with ease. If you use it, enjoy. I also made a 700 PP 1 for Le Mans. Let me know & I'll post those settings too.

Attachments

• Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20220507182035.jpg
    Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20220507182035.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 16
  • Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20220507182116.jpg
    Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20220507182116.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20220507182239.jpg
    Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20220507182239.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
For anyone who's interested I've got a killer set-up for the 2J at 800 PP of my own making on RH, TC1, FM6 for the longer races. Won the World Touring 800 at Spa (bit tricky in the dark. Tip, turn up brightness on TV) & WT 800 at Sardegna with ease. If you use it, enjoy. I also made a 700 PP 1 for Le Mans. Let me know & I'll post those settings too.
Thanks Papa for the 2J tune. Will give it a try. Been using detuned Group C cars for the WTC 800 Spa race - love the 1.5 million credits for a clean race. Porsche 962C, Mazda 787B, Silk Cut Jaguar, and Calsonic Nissan will all dominate that race on RH tires, FM 1 and one pit stop (depending on the rain intensity). Sometimes 2 stops to switch from Wets back to RH for the last 10 - 12 minutes. Keep a close eye on the weather radar, and switch the radar screen to a wider range to get an accurate view of the approaching conditions.

Can earn credits a bit quicker at the Tokyo race, but for me the fun factor at Spa is level 11. Speaking of Spa, watched the WEC 6 Hour race yesterday - what a transformation! Now PD need to add the new Spa to GT7, but not before the lobbies are fixed.

Thanks Papa for the 2J tune. Will give it a try. Been using detuned Group C cars for the WTC 800 Spa race - love the 1.5 million credits for a clean race. Porsche 962C, Mazda 787B, Silk Cut Jaguar, and Calsonic Nissan will all dominate that race on RH tires, FM 1 and one pit stop (depending on the rain intensity). Sometimes 2 stops to switch from Wets back to RH for the last 10 - 12 minutes. Keep a close eye on the weather radar, and switch the radar screen to a wider range to get an accurate view of the approaching conditions.

Can earn credits a bit quicker at the Tokyo race, but for me the fun factor at Spa is level 11. Speaking of Spa, watched the WEC 6 Hour race yesterday - what a transformation! Now PD need to add the new Spa to GT7, but not before the lobbies are fixed.

You're welcome Eric. šŸ‘ The 2J is a tad thirsty (that's why Fuel Meter on 6) but very easy on tires & very easy to drive. Haven't bought those cars yet. Trying to pad the old bank account first. šŸ˜‰ Spa, Le Mans & Sardegna are the most profitable & fun but I like to run the lesser paying races too. Not that much a fan of Tokyo. Too constricting. The old version was way better. I don't know how those players using the Tomahawk exploit can get around that track. Not for me. FYI, I just checked the 700 PP set-up for the 2J & drats, the last update bumped up the PP to where I can't bring it down enough. šŸ˜¬

Last edited:
Thanks to all who raced today. Considering it was Motherā€™s Day it was a good turnout. Great racing as well, really enjoyable. I think without a couple of mishaps the finishing few laps would have been tighter. Well done to Luiz with the fastest lap of a 150:xxx

I will try and get next weekā€™s track and car posted tomorrow chaps.

Sunday 15th 30 min event. Car will be GR2 "GT-R Nismo GT500 '16" We will take this to Monza for 16 laps.

Tyre multiplier is x7
Fuel multiplier is x5
Tyres for event are RS/RM.
NO tyre usage requirements.

(I initially thought only GR3/4 but the credits are easier now to get so we all should be able to afford a GR2)

I am also thinking of starting 30 min earlier at 10:00 ET (15:00 UK) as I think some guys on Sunday were happy to start earlier. Let me know if this is not ok for you.

Last edited:
HELP! On the last race, Nurburgring, for the WTC 800, Menu 39. 2nd in points. 1st Trial, 5th Spa, 1st Sarthe, 7th Pano (have done better). Toyota Supra GT 500 '97. CAN NOT get anywhere in this race. Tried many different tunes. Not only the ones that worked in previous races, but on-line gurus, and different experiments. I'm willing to redo everything with a different car, if need be, however, it would be nice to just finish in the money with this and be done! Any suggestions? Thank you!

HELP! On the last race, Nurburgring, for the WTC 800, Menu 39. 2nd in points. 1st Trial, 5th Spa, 1st Sarthe, 7th Pano (have done better). Toyota Supra GT 500 '97. CAN NOT get anywhere in this race. Tried many different tunes. Not only the ones that worked in previous races, but on-line gurus, and different experiments. I'm willing to redo everything with a different car, if need be, however, it would be nice to just finish in the money with this and be done! Any suggestions? Thank you!
If you're second in points, with a decent finish at "The Green Hell", you should finish in the top 3. I just won this championship with the Supra on a different account & it should do the job. Did you tune up the Supra ? You did not mention which difficulty you are using. On easy you should have no problem. (tip, you can change that mid championship by clicking on your profile icon & then options on the very top left of the screen BEFORE you start a race). Good luck.

Last edited:
If you're second in points, with a decent finish at "The Green Hell", you should finish in the top 3. I just won this championship with the Supra on a different account & it should do the job. Did you tune up the Supra ? You did not mention which difficulty you are using. On easy you should have no problem. (tip, you can change that mid championship by clicking on your profile icon & then options on the very top left of the screen BEFORE you start a race). Good luck.

Thank you! It worked. Changed the setting, tried several saved tunes and, eventually, got 1st in Nurburgring and 1st overall WTC. TBH it just really felt like a good tune. You did well with your Supra, any chance you could post your tune? Or anyone? I'd really like to see where I went wrong in my set up, as I had done well previously in Normal mode.
What do you guys do next? I'm planning to finish the licenses and do various races in between. Just started the WTC Laguna Seca 700.
Thanks again!

Hi David. On ā€˜what to do nextā€™ I would suggest that you go through the circuit experiences. The circiuts are split into sections with a complete lap to finish. This is a great way to learn the circuits and to get yourself credits. All bronze times would net you around 8,000,000. Getting silver does not give you any more credits which I think it should do as some of the golds are tough. All golds would get you 40M or so.

A good way to help improve your times is to use your ghost and keep trying to beat it. Your ghost is your quickest lap of the session so keeps changing every time you are quicker. There comes a time when your ghost gets in the way because it can be more difficult to spot your corner entry points etc. There is also a demonstration lap that you can watch from bumper cam view and you can also set that as the ghost. Good luck and have fun.

Last edited:
Thank you! It worked. Changed the setting, tried several saved tunes and, eventually, got 1st in Nurburgring and 1st overall WTC. TBH it just really felt like a good tune. You did well with your Supra, any chance you could post your tune? Or anyone? I'd really like to see where I went wrong in my set up, as I had done well previously in Normal mode.
What do you guys do next? I'm planning to finish the licenses and do various races in between. Just started the WTC Laguna Seca 700.
Thanks again!
Well done !! šŸ‘šŸ‘ You're very welcome & glad I could help. That Supra is so good that it's basically stock but with a fully adjustable race trans set to 300 top speed, a medium rpm turbo with anti-lag set to weak & RH tires giving PP of 780.74. You could use RM tires but not RS because they put you over the 800 PP limit. If you play with the settings you can get the Supra to qualify for 700 PP races too. Enjoy the game, have fun & try to use all your cars. Do as @SteveBeech12 mentioned and also try the missions.

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry that I bailed without saying good-bye, but I didn't want to interrupt anyone's concentration in the middle of a race. The tornado watch that I was aware of had changed to a warning and the wife and pupper had come downstairs to seek shelter. After the worst had passed I was no longer in the mood to put things back together.

Updated tune for the WTC 800 Spa 1 hour race. Mazda 787B RH tires for first stint. Everything else depends on what the weather does. In this morningā€™s race used RH-W-RH-IM. Tons ā€˜o fun! So easy a caveman can do it!

View attachment 1149295View attachment 1149296View attachment 1149297
Thanks for the tune Eric. Haven't bought the Mazda yet. I do have a spare engine in storage, thanks to the "wheel of misfortune". Waiting for the right car to put it in.

Saturday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars we may use (if everybody got it):

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH
PP Races - Road Cars Only - PP550 - PP600 - PP650 (only limitation is the PP rate)

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 4x for all cars
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 4x for all cars
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: OFF Strong
Slipstream: ON Strong

First Race/Qualify

Gr4 @ Trial Mountain Reverse

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce
PS 2 - If the lobby is still unstable we will jump to Gran Turismo Sport
PS 3 - Due to the amount of work for the lobby host in GT7, a headset is requested. There will be no typing form the host with instructions.

Sunday 30 Min Event

15th May 10:00 ET, 15:00 UK
. This race will take place during our usual Sunday racing. Lobby name for the race is GRC

We will race the GR2 "GT-R Nismo GT500 '16" @ Monza for 16 laps. The tyre multiplier is x7 and the fuel is x5. We start with a full tank. Tyres for the race are RS and RM. No tyre usage requirements.

Practise/Qualification for 20 minutes. 5 min break before race.

Other Lobby Settings:
Preset Weather, S01 Dry Cloudless and Pleasant, Afternoon
BOP On
Tuning Prohibited
Grid Start
Slipstream Strong
Shortcut Penalty Weak
Pit Lane Cutting Penalty On
Flag Rules On

Last edited:
Thatā€™s a 3 1/2ā€ magnum buckshot round. Blows stuff to non existence, literally

02BD61DB-77E3-412B-92B5-8FB51790E7A8.jpeg

I shot four.

4159220B-7AFF-4B32-8431-76354DBBDA6A.jpeg

Feels so good.

No one else wanted to.

Damn new lever gun wouldnā€™t shoot! Bummed. Hammer drops, doesnā€™t go boom.

Last edited:
Steve, thanks for taking this idea and running with it. Enjoying these very much. Super idea! :cheers:
Thanks Eric šŸ‘ Glad guys are enjoying it. Well done to Luiz for the win on Sunday and another good race by all.

I did not have a chance to work out a car and track for our next race yesterday as my shoulders were giving me grief. I will sort it today so we all have a chance to practise before next Sunday.

I'm still lurking. šŸ˜‰ From what I've been reading about the lobbies, I'm glad I don't do them anymore. For my money the best lobbies were in GT5.
While GT7's custom lobbies may not be "the best" that PDI have ever made, they do work and they let you gather with your friends, which helps to keep the community healthy.

If youā€™re still looking for the win on The Human Comedy Lake Maggiore 1 hour event, go get this \/

It will deliver a comprehensive arse-whupping. RM tires, FM 1, 2 pit stops (end of laps 10 and 20 - short fill fuel to 10.5 laps). Have fun!

7BC585C3-64CD-4A59-A468-380DC2573104.png

Last edited:
If youā€™re still looking for the win on The Human Comedy Lake Maggiore 1 hour event, go get this \/

It will deliver a comprehensive arse-whupping. RM tires, FM 1, 2 pit stops (end of laps 10 and 20 - short fill fuel to 10.5 laps). Have fun!

View attachment 1150982
Thanks for the tip Eric. šŸ‘ Have not succeeded yet. :grumpy: Btw, are you using manual or auto & does it make a difference as to which difficulty setting ?

Back