GT 7 GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter pmallard
  • 2,304 comments
Fuel multiplier is x5 for Sunday 22nd in the GR4 Atenza at Yamagiwa for 18 laps on RH tyres (no tyre wear)

Practise/Qualification for this race will be 10 minutes

Other Lobby Settings:
Preset Weather, S01 Dry Cloudless and Pleasant, Afternoon
BOP On
Tuning Prohibited
Grid Start
Slipstream Strong
Shortcut Penalty Weak
Pit Lane Cutting Penalty On
Flag Rules On

Last edited:
If you’re still looking for the win on The Human Comedy Lake Maggiore 1 hour event, go get this \/

It will deliver a comprehensive arse-whupping. RM tires, FM 1, 2 pit stops (end of laps 10 and 20 - short fill fuel to 10.5 laps). Have fun!

View attachment 1150982
Well.... I gave it a go. As a wise man (Dirty Harry in Magnum Force) once said "a man's got to know his limitations", I have come to the conclusion that I am way too slow. My best laps were in the 2 minute plus range. An alien I am not.

@MasterGT the info on the lobby dr rating was incorrect, i lost my DR A. Have to work it back.

20220519_214641.jpg

For a bit of fun ;) & perhaps a challenge :nervous:, try the Miata roadster in the 700 PP event at Le Mans. The results show the field a lap down, but they crossed the finish line after time ran out.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20220520090444.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220520090444.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 12
Saturday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars we may use (if everybody got it):

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH
PP Races - Road Cars Only - PP550 - PP600 - PP650 (only limitation is the PP rate)

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 4x for all cars
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 4x for all cars
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: OFF Strong
Slipstream: ON Strong

First Race/Qualify

Gr2 @ Deep Forest

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce
PS 2 - If the lobby is still unstable we will jump to Gran Turismo Sport
PS 3 - Due to the amount of work for the lobby host in GT7, a headset is requested. There will be no typing form the host with instructions.

For a bit of fun ;) & perhaps a challenge :nervous:, try the Miata roadster in the 700 PP event at Le Mans. The results show the field a lap down, but they crossed the finish line after time ran out.
Hi ya Papa, I have read every post you've made old feller. Thanks for staying connected to the group you were among from the beginning. You are as they say - an "OG" Geezer. You're not too old nor are you too slow to join in. You know we sure would like to have you join us one of these weekends or Wednesday eve races. There's only a few of we OG Geezers left but we do have a good number of very fine folk who have joined over the years so the racing is just as 'ol Jerry set up from the beginning. GT7,, the boost does not work (which leaves me way back dragg'n up the rear but that's OK with me) and that's a bummer. The lobby's have some glitches they at PD have not yet addressed BUT the banter and talk is just as much fun as it always was. Give us a visit and watch one of these days,, perhaps join in for a race or two. GEEZERS RULE! :cheers:

Hi ya Papa, I have read every post you've made old feller. Thanks for staying connected to the group you were among from the beginning. You are as they say - an "OG" Geezer. You're not too old nor are you too slow to join in. You know we sure would like to have you join us one of these weekends or Wednesday eve races. There's only a few of we OG Geezers left but we do have a good number of very fine folk who have joined over the years so the racing is just as 'ol Jerry set up from the beginning. GT7,, the boost does not work (which leaves me way back dragg'n up the rear but that's OK with me) and that's a bummer. The lobby's have some glitches they at PD have not yet addressed BUT the banter and talk is just as much fun as it always was. Give us a visit and watch one of these days,, perhaps join in for a race or two. GEEZERS RULE! :cheers:
Hi Duce. Thanks for the kind words. My racing days are short. Those hour long "endurance" races are brutal on my hands (still on controller). I'll keep in touch & maybe......................1 day ?

Sunday 30 Min Event

22nd May 10:00 ET, 15:00 UK
. This race will take place during our usual Sunday racing. Lobby name for the race is GRC

We will race the GR4 "Mazda Atenza" @ Yamagiwa for 18 laps. The fuel multiplier is x5. No tyre wear. We start with a full tank. Tyres for the race are RH.

Practise/Qualification for 10 minutes. 5 min break before race.

Other Lobby Settings:
Preset Weather, S01 Dry Cloudless and Pleasant, Afternoon
BOP On
Tuning Prohibited
Grid Start
Slipstream Strong
Shortcut Penalty Weak
Pit Lane Cutting Penalty On
Flag Rules On

Great race guys and a good close finish. Well done Al on the win and Cory for fastest lap. I have attached the results for last 3 races and the current standings.

Attachments

• Test Season Race 1 Results.pdf
    219.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Test Season Race 2 Results.pdf
    221.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Test Season Race 3 Results.pdf
    217.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Test Season 1 Current Standings.pdf
    217.6 KB · Views: 10
Sun 22nd 30 min event

We will go to Yamagiwa in the GR4 Atenza for 18 laps. Tyres are RH and tyre wear will be OFF. Fuel x5
Thanks Steve,, AND you other racers for allowing this ol man use a softer compound tire that helped me hang in there with you guys. That race was close,, VERY close and was an absolute blast to be able to stay relatively close to all of you. Thanks muchly,, this old guy very much enjoyed that race and am looking forward to the next one. :):cheers:

Thanks Steve,, AND you other racers for allowing this ol man use a softer compound tire that helped me hang in there with you guys. That race was close,, VERY close and was an absolute blast to be able to stay relatively close to all of you. Thanks muchly,, this old guy very much enjoyed that race and am looking forward to the next one. :):cheers:
Thanks John. These races need to be enjoyable for all. We can look at different ways to do that. Removing or adding weight is another option. The way the Lobby is at the moment would need to rely on the 'Honour System' for that. This is all a bit of an experiment to find a way to keep the racing closer. Maybe we could use different tyres during quali as well which would mix the grid up and adjust the total race points..there are several things we can try.

Back