GT 7 GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter pmallard
  • 2,307 comments
Happy holidays Geezers, hope everybody enjoyed their Christmas
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday night Geezer racing
My two nieces 12 and 15 came up with the first race for the Chickens (opposite of Geese I guess)
Race 1)@ Brands Hatch Indy circuit 8 laps
Racing Kart 125 Shifter S/S
Race 2)@ Autodrome Lago Maggiore West
8 laps/fuel x5/tire x5
Any sport tire / 600pp
Tuning allowed-F/R road cars only

Last edited:
Part 2 Wednesday night Geezer Racing
Race 3)@ 24 Heures du Mans full course
GR 2 one make R/M 4 laps
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 ‘16
Fuel x 5. Tire x5 BOP
Race settings; fastest 1st/slip strong/penalties week/grid start/grip real/after 3rd race 4th place picks car and track
For the Kart race : AT / TC -1 /ASM-on /CSA-on
Very easy to drive
Send FR to viper9-al_
See everybody for the last Wednesday night race of the year🎊🎉🎈 Chat/lobby open 7:30PM EST Racing starts @ 8 PM

Last edited:
Thanks to a tune from @Metalgear9493 for the NSX Nordschleife TT, I have posted a Silver time of 6:58.368. Made a few mistakes, and always get conservative at the end of the lap so not to toss it in the bin, probably a high 6:56 is possible. Should be comfortably Silver at the end, so I’m happy with that result. Tune attached.

41659687-98AA-4DBD-A471-915527F6EA8B.png9BC9DA4F-9E8F-40EB-A0DD-DD43F6B07C40.png8914D48A-C354-4CBF-9DC1-F5AC4CDFF858.png6852C347-1198-4455-A4FA-274072D94A28.pngB595EC27-1B95-46EE-9DEC-455039B4FA00.png

Thanks to a tune from @Metalgear9493 for the NSX Nordschleife TT, I have posted a Silver time of 6:58.368. Made a few mistakes, and always get conservative at the end of the lap so not to toss it in the bin, probably a high 6:56 is possible. Should be comfortably Silver at the end, so I’m happy with that result. Tune attached.

View attachment 1219157View attachment 1219158View attachment 1219159View attachment 1219160View attachment 1219161
Thanks Eric, 👍 but I'm nowhere near your speed. :grumpy: I'll just have to settle for bronze. :irked:

Saturday Geezer Races - Last Lobby of 2022

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars we may use (if everybody got it):

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM/RH
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH
PP Races - Road Cars Only - Any PP

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 2x for all races.
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 7x for all races.
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: OFF
Slipstream: ON Strong

1st Race/Qualify - Commemorative Race

Le Mans

Laps: 7

Any "Race Car" from 1950 - 1989
PP 710
Tires: Any Race or Sport Tire

Note: For those who do not have a classic race car there are 3 GR1 that can be used. But you'll have to find a way to put the PP down, change tires to SS, add ballast, restrict power, your option.
(did not test any car, so, good luck)

4th Place chooses combo for next race

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce
PS 2 - Due to the amount of work for the lobby host in GT7, a headset is requested. There will be no typing from the host with instructions.

Saturday Geezer Races - Last Lobby of 2022

Cars we may use (if everybody got it):

PP Races - Road Cars Only - Any PP
By now, there are some favourite cars that we all have (the Honda Civic Touring Car, the new Mazda Roadster, the Corvette C8, Red Bull Jr, for examples) so that we can get back to racing tuned 1-make races. There are tunes available for all of them, too, that we can standardize, so there is no need to slow things down. Since GT7 doesn't have boost yet, this would increase the competitiveness (nothing increases tight racing more than doing 1-make racing) and fun again within the Geezers.

Name other favourites that should be included.

Last edited:
What do you mean by standardize? We can all have the same weight, HP, PP and tyres. Are you also including suspension settings etc.

With our PP races we all have a car that is a 'favourite' to drive. Not just because of speed but because they are nice to drive. For instance, I enjoy driving the BMW M3 in 600PP races. I would like to race that in a one make. Same with the Ford Focus, Aventador, AMG Black Series, Nissan 180SX 96 and many others. For my tuned cars I use Praiano's tunes, I have tried others but find that his suit how I drive. Some guys like using other ready made tunes for the same reason. Apart from HP, PP, weight and tyres (which we already do) it would be difficult to 'standardize' anything else.

Last edited:
GT7 is different than Sport. I was thinking of things such as aero, wide-bodies, wheel size or anything else that may affect performance. If someone fenagles aero into a tune and competes against cars that don't have it, then it isn't just a driver competition anymore.

Praiano doesn't always have tunes for stock weight and power. Sometimes his tunes are unnecessarily boosted, thereby changing the basic character of those cars. My C8 tunes, for example, are both stock power and weight, but the enhanced one is only a few PP higher and handles a lot better than my first one. Praiano's only C8 tune is at 700 PP, not 600 PP. The C8 doesn't need that kind of boost to have good fun in it.

Last edited:
As we were talking about in the party chat just now the characteristics of the car are mainly changed by suspension and downforce settings (prob also wide bodies etc). If you have a lot of downforce the suspension needs to be harder, no downforce and you can have a softer suspensiion, which also will affect ride height. These things work together. For instance, to do away with downforce will affect other parts of suspension tuning.

Praiano doesn't always have tunes for stock weight and power. Sometimes his tunes are unnecessarily boosted, thereby changing the basic character of those cars. My C8 tunes, for example, are both stock power and weight, but the enhanced one is only a few PP higher and handles a lot better than my first one. Praiano's only C8 tune is at 700 PP, not 600 PP. The C8 doesn't need that kind of boost to have good fun in it
I agree with you. On some cars it is useless to boost them. They are for some as efficient with a PP at 600 as at 700. And on some cars, not having a turbo makes them much more manageable and faster. It is for this reason that I try to offer in my garage cars with several PP (600 or 700).

As we were talking about in the party chat just now the characteristics of the car are mainly changed by suspension and downforce settings (prob also wide bodies etc). If you have a lot of downforce the suspension needs to be harder, no downforce and you can have a softer suspensiion, which also will affect ride height. These things work together. For instance, to do away with downforce will affect other parts of suspension tuning.
To tune a car, to make actual improvements, we need something to tune. Aero / downforce is not required to tune most cars well. Sticky tires are not required to have fun, in fact they can make some driving techniques difficult to do.

Last edited:
Back