GT 7 GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter pmallard
  • 2,419 comments
It all depends on how immersive you want your racing to be. Personally the more realism I can get to actually racing a car the better and this VR really delivers on that. It's probably more of a thing for drivers than just gamers. Even the FFB comes alive. It's incredible what they have done in making this. Well worth the wait.

Saturday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars we may use (if everybody got it):

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM/RH
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH
PP Races - Road Cars Only - Any PP

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 3x for all races.
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 7x for all races.
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: OFF
Slipstream: ON Strong

1st Race
Grand Valley

Laps: 4
Car: Mazda Roadster Touring Car
Tires: SS

4th Place chooses combo for next race

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce
PS 2 - Due to the amount of work for the lobby host in GT7, a headset is requested. There will be no typing from the host with instructions.

Last edited:
Has anyone said if they’re faster using it….looks pretty cool
Have not seen that but I have tried some time trials that I did before and I am on the same pace.

What I have found, and did not think about it before, is that I need to get used to driving left hookers. I am naturally conditioned to driving in a right handed vehicle here in UK so trying to drive fast in one is ok. With the steering wheel on other side trying to drive fast will be a slight learning curve. Luckily the NSX 08 is a right hooker :)

Driving next to another car in VR you can see that car through your side windows and of course the wing mirrors. It is so much easier to run close to that car millimeteres apart and not worry that you might bump into it and also in backing off in a corner (because you dont want to cause a crash) when you are actually in front and have the position but could not see this before. Your awareness of what is around you is like being in an actual car. Even your peripheral vision is better (not 100%) but probably close to what you might see if wearing a hat.

Running close to barriers, seeing the apex and your braking points is all so much easier. You can turn your head and look through the corner, you can see your opponent trying to nip up the inside, you have a greater understanding of what is going on around you. That big blind spot we get in bumper cam or cockpit view has gone. It is now just the small blind spot we get as in our everyday cars. I could go on but it honestly is the closest you can get to sitting in a real car.

The graphics are not as sharp as 4k that had been heavily advertised before the release. They graphics are all quite soft and you also get the 'Mura' and/or the 'screen door' effects. (google it). This can appear, and does, as grainniness. This is a problem with all VR and until they get to 8k resolution it is something we live with. Once you can see past that and not be dissapointed that it is not as crystal clear like your 4k TV you will see it for what it is in our current age, ****ng amazing :)

Last edited:
Hello Geezers, Claude is on vacation for a month, so I’ll be hosting every Wednesday this month. I’m open for any ideas or suggestions or any particular cars you guys want to use?
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday nights Geezer racing
RACE 1)Autodrome Lago Maggiore-West End
10 laps / 550PP / any sport tire
Fuel usage x 5 / tire wear x 5
Grid start / no engine swap / road cars
RACE 2)Grand Valley - South
5 laps / GR 4 / MR cars only
R/H tires / grid start /BOP
RACE 3)Circuit de Sainte-Croix -B
5 laps / GR 1 / Group C cars only
R/M tires / rolling start / BOP
Send friend request to viper9-al_
CHAT/ LOBBY OPENS @ 7:30PM EST
RACING STARTS @ 8PM
See everybody tomorrow night😎

Last edited:
Good going Al. And I hope everyone and their others are doing well.

Open wheel cars like F1500, MP4 and that other new one from 1965, whatever it is. Oh and the SF19.

350pp BBQ rib night at Al’s house. That’d be fun. Helicopter rides.

That track that has that rollercoaster corner. It’s the test course that Mini Todd nearly gave Claude a heart attack at. And the other one kind of like that.

Hello Geezers, Claude is on vacation for a month, so I’ll be hosting every Wednesday this month. I’m open for any ideas or suggestions or any particular cars you guys want to use?
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday nights Geezer racing
RACE 1)Autodrome Lago Maggiore-West End
10 laps / 550PP / any sport tire
Fuel usage x 5 / tire wear x 5
Grid start / no engine swap
RACE 2)Grand Valley - South
5 laps / GR 4 / MR cars only
R/H tires / grid start /BOP
RACE 3)Circuit de Sainte-Croix -B
5 laps / GR 1 / Group C cars only
R/M tires / rolling start / BOP
Send friend request to viper9-al_
CHAT/ LOBBY OPENS @ 7:30PM EST
RACING STARTS @ 8PM
See everybody tomorrow night😎
How do you know if a gr 1 car is a group c

They’re old cars?

This seems strange. Me in a stock Lamborghini Veneno. Computer in a Guila GTAm. Race two laps around the Nordschleife at the Clubman Cup 600.

My car is about 94 pp over. Fast car.

E6B1E44B-38C2-4ACD-825F-CF740F0B5D44.jpeg

4D63A445-96F5-42A9-8985-51BFF810B5B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Do any of you remember the first chatbot - ELIZA, from 1966?

There is a new, controversial chatbot, ChatGPT, running openAI. I thought that I would give it a test, to see how well it works with a tricky, open-ended GT7 question. Obviously, you have to ask it the right question to get a useful response.

Question: How do I adjust wheel toe in Gran Turismo 7, for the best tire grip and tire life?

In Gran Turismo 7, adjusting wheel toe can affect the handling and tire wear of your car. Toe refers to the angle of the tires relative to the centerline of the car when viewed from above. Here are some general tips for adjusting wheel toe to optimize tire grip and tire life:
  1. Start with zero toe: If you're not sure where to begin, start by setting the toe to zero. This means that the tires are perfectly aligned with the centerline of the car.
  2. Consider your driving style: Toe settings can affect the handling of your car, so consider your driving style when making adjustments. If you like a more responsive, twitchy car, you may want to add a bit of toe-in (where the fronts of the tires are closer together than the backs). If you prefer a more stable, predictable car, toe-out (where the backs of the tires are closer together than the fronts) might be a better option.
  3. Check tire wear: After a few laps of driving, check the wear on your tires. If you see excessive wear on the inside or outside edges of the tires, you may need to adjust the toe. Toe-in will generally wear the inside edges of the tires more, while toe-out will wear the outside edges more.
  4. Fine-tune the settings: Once you have a good idea of the effect of the toe settings on your car's handling and tire wear, you can fine-tune the settings to your liking. Make small adjustments (0.1 or 0.2 degrees at a time) and test the car to see how it feels.
  5. Remember to adjust all four wheels: It's important to adjust the toe on all four wheels, as uneven toe settings can cause the car to pull to one side or the other.
  6. Seek help from in-game mechanics: In Gran Turismo 7, you can get help with tuning your car from the in-game mechanics. You can access this by going to the "Pit" section of the game and selecting "Tuning Shop." From there, you can choose to have the mechanics make adjustments to your car based on your desired driving style and track conditions.

Last edited:
How do you know if a gr 1 car is a group c
How are you Tom ? I'm hoping your going to be racing with us again on Wednesday nights .Group C cars were the top endurance racing cars of the late 80's and early 90's . In race 3,we are using the Mazda 787 '91, Nissan R92CP'92, Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 , Porsche 962 C '88 and the Jaguar XJR-9 '88 .See you tonight Tom :cheers:

Last edited:
Oh, meant to mention that some say the Boost is fixed.
Thanks for the heads up Cory.I just read that in the GT7 undocumented changes thread .We will be testing that tonight for sure .If it is fixed ,DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS ? SMASH 'EM TIME AT BLUE MOON. :mad:

Last edited:
Back