GT Academy 2015 North Africa

What's the deal with this Tarek guy?

Tarek khedr is a 30 year old racing driver who raced senior rotax max and easy kart both in egypt and in bahrain competing not just on a national level but on a regional level across the middle east. he got sponsored a few times and has even done a few ZIP formula and time attack events. he once made it to the 2013 middle east national final and has made it to racecamp but was later disqualified. the rules say no racing drivers and we want him out

this is a website he made with all of his achievements listed http://www.tarekkhedr.com/#!bio/cg13

@Mamaghi and @drspeedy take note. make sure that when you get here on the 14th you let the organizers know.

is there a karting track there ? cauz I heard that there will be a karting race or something
That's actually true. where did you hear that?
Why was he disqualified? And if he was DQ'd that year, what's the difference this year?
he was dq'd that year for his racing experience but this year nissan north africa claims that since the local motorsport scene is weak everyone is eligible by default. they know almost nothing about the scene or tarek's experience

@Warbeast101 @sems4arsenal do you have any other news about the regional finals ? is it going to be like a regular regional finals ( plank , pushups and beep test in fitness , autocross and karting irl and gt6 .... ) or is there something different ?

Hey guys, I'm Mostafa from Egypt, I'm new here and I'm going to the nationals finals on the 14th -can't wait :gtpflag:-

What I don't understand, if someone is not eligible, why would they let him compete for a spot in the national finals in the first place, they're throwing someone's opportunity away, and I'm not talking about Tarek only, I've heard that there are some guys who won't be eligible cos they won't be able to travel because of their military status !! Not sure though.
But I think it's not fair for those other guys who ranked 11th and 12th, they could've made it if they disqualified the others from the very beginning ...

@Warbeast101 @sems4arsenal do you have any other news about the regional finals ? is it going to be like a regular regional finals ( plank , pushups and beep test in fitness , autocross and karting irl and gt6 .... ) or is there something different ?

Probably this, doubt there will be autocross, seems they're struggling to get us a car.

Also don't forget to fill the forms before Saturday

Hey guys, I'm Mostafa from Egypt, I'm new here and I'm going to the nationals finals on the 14th -can't wait :gtpflag:-

What I don't understand, if someone is not eligible, why would they let him compete for a spot in the national finals in the first place, they're throwing someone's opportunity away, and I'm not talking about Tarek only, I've heard that there are some guys who won't be eligible cos they won't be able to travel because of their military status !! Not sure though.
But I think it's not fair for those other guys who ranked 11th and 12th, they could've made it if they disqualified the others from the very beginning ...
totally agree with every word

@Warbeast101 is nissan going to pay for our flight to egypt ?

Screenshot_2015-05-30-01-15-25.png

So noo i'm afraid.

no I was looking for you for the gt academy preparation rooms ;) cauz I made it to regional finals lol

Oh nice congrats bro!!! You made it threw to national from a live event hope you all the best and we'll have the prep races setup in a few days more to come after round 4 tho

Also whe is your national finals being held ?

There is no Hotel in Obour city right ?, the closest hotel is ten km i think. It will be an improvised thing or a kind of apartments, i guess.

Not that I know off, there is no one near the track I guess but not sure.

Back