GT Academy Edition Challenge Online Qualifying TT

Discussion in 'GT5 Seasonal Events' started by SirAlanClive, Jan 1, 2013.

1. SirAlanClive

SirAlanClive Premium

I've looked everywhere and can't find a thread for the new Academy challenge. I would expect it to be 'next' to the GT Academy 2012 sub-forum under 'Games' but there's nothing there. If I'm being blind please redirect me and we can delete this thread. Thanks, and Happy New Year to you all.

This is a GT Academy Challenge Online Qualifying TT
    using the Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12 Front: Racing Medium, Rear: Racing Soft
    on the Eifel (Circuit) 212A

Special Prizes are awarded with Bronze or better results, and ranking in the top 6 will entitle you to advance to the final round.

Gold: Cr. 5,000,000 and a Helmet 1:53.500
    Silver: Cr. 3,500,000 and a Suit 1:56.000
    Bronze: Cr. 1,500,000 and a Suit 2:00.000

Rankings

Registration

If you don't register, you still get results in-game, but they don't show up on the rankings page and thus they don't count, so this is important! (There's an 'Accept' button at the bottom of the page. This starts the Registration process).

From the Registration page:
    “Competition” the GT Academy Challenge competition 2013 comprising an Online Phase and a Grand Final
    “Prize” A holiday at Le Mans 24 Hour Race 2013

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  2. Rutter200_VR46

Rutter200_VR46 Premium

It's probably because it isn't actually the start of GT Academy 2013. This challenge is just themed on GT Academy.

3. SirAlanClive

SirAlanClive Premium

Thanks for that. But I'm still surprised there's no thread what with Immortal_Pilot and Yinato etc. taking part. Maybe I can edit the title and make this a discussion thread.
    Edit: Success!
    I think this is the right place to discuss this as it appears in Seasonal Events.
    Strange handling with the combined tyre types. This beast leaps around the corners but feels quite different from other GTR's I've driven.
    Aha, there you are GTP_Rutter200 in 4th as I write. :tup:

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Premium

Well, as of now, im number 93, with a time of 1:49.182. 121... With a poor time of 1:49.660.

Im gonna improve though.

5. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

Its a pity this isn't open to the U.S.

6. R35P3C7

R35P3C7

after 10 laps i've done 1.50.580 with controller. any tips on lowering the time laps?

7. SirAlanClive

SirAlanClive Premium

Whoosh...got me a 1:48.985 and 85th. This is fun. But I guess the top time's going to get quite a bit lower before this ends.
    Sorry you're not able to join in CargoRat...can't you just get hold of a code somewhere? They're just normal 12 digit redeemable codes. Maybe they limit it because the Real World part of the challenge is in Europe? Be nice to see you here if you find a workaround.

Here are the Terms and Conditions as of September 7 2012:

Terms and conditions will apply. Entrants must be over 18 years of age and will require a full driving licence and ability to travel to the UK and France. They must be resident in one of the following countries: Austria, Czech Rep., Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Rep. of Ireland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK.​

8. SirAlanClive

SirAlanClive Premium

Watch and study one of the fastest replays (gear changes and where they happen), then load one of the fastest ghosts and try to keep up :crazy:

9. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

I'll see if I can find a workaround. Not that I'm any real threat to win, but I just like to compete in as many TT events as possible. The more I'm able to compete, the better my skillset becomes. Really looking forward to the regular GTA this year. Really learned alot over the past year and really looking forward to putting my improved skillset to the test. Anyways, I'll see what I can to about this one, I'd really love to compete with you guys.

10. PR1VATEJ0KER

PR1VATEJ0KER

Only top 6 are chosen? From the whole 'region', being most of europe?

I'd need hours every day for the whole month to have a slim chance of finishing in the top 6 of an event like this. You can be sure the fastest of the fast guys will be putting in super laps to make sure they are top 6.

Good luck to everyone.

11. Rit

Rit Premium

Is there a link for a description of this event? It might be nice to try to replicate the conditions for those of us unable to participate.

12. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

That sounds like a great idea. Let me know if you set something like this up, would be happy to take part in it.

13. Stotty

Stotty Premium

What and where is this 'event'?

14. David Holliss

David Holliss

How do you load a ghost that isn't yours? I've watched some of the replays but didn't see an option to load their ghost.

Thanks.

PS. What do you guys think will be the winning time overall? around 1:44.000? I should be able to get within about ten seconds of that in a month :(

15. Famine

Famine Administrator

Bonus competition for GT5AE buyers, Seasonal Events.

16. SirAlanClive

SirAlanClive Premium

Updated the OP to give more info.

17. Stotty

Stotty Premium

YOu need a different version of the game to access this?

18. David Holliss

David Holliss

Yes the Academy Edition - well the PSN download code for the competition on the leaflet inside the box.

Guess you may be able to buy the code on it's own on ebay or somewhere.

19. SirAlanClive

SirAlanClive Premium

You go to "Online Rankings" (from inside the race - button no. 7 - the 'S' on its side, not the podium out on the Event Page), click on the player of choice and you'll see two options: "Save Replay" or "Ghost Replay". "Ghost Replay" loads this ghost into your game.

20. Rit

Rit Premium

While that too sounds like an even better idea,I was really only asking out of curiosity. I've never raced online and wouldn't know where to start with such a task..:nervous:

Perhaps just mentioning it though you've lit a fire under some ambitious soul because I'd like to follow the results from both events...:tup:

21. David Holliss

David Holliss

Thank you, time to dig out the DFGT and see if that helps my times.

22. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

It will be interesting to see who makes it. I guess Arnaud, Jean-Philippe and Thibault will be hard to beat for places in top six. A few countries who have aliens in them are missing in eligible countries list so gives others more of a chance. Hoping someone in UK and Ireland region makes it. I might pick a copy of the game towards the end of the month and give it a go. Interesting to see tyre choice.

23. Rit

Rit Premium

Thank you SirAlanClive

I was only asking really to try it out in practice mode but now I see that I don't even own the car being used.*sigh*

Great idea by CargoRat though.Perhaps someone can replicate the conditions and we can have a GTPlanet vs. PD competition..:tup:

24. SirAlanClive

SirAlanClive Premium

The game is identical to standard GT5 , except that the updates are bundled into it. I think I read that the installation 'footprint' is much smaller than the original GT5, but I wouldn't know: I just stuck it in the PS3 and my GT5 save game worked as normal. I have the Signature edition installed (= Collector's Edition with Stealth Cars) and everything worked with the Academy disc in the PS3 (I was afraid I'd lose my Stealth Cars or something). I think if you had the 12 digit code, you wouldn't need to have this disc.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  25. Stotty

Stotty Premium

So you had the Signature Edition already and you bought this just to play this TT?

26. SirAlanClive

SirAlanClive Premium

Hehe...got me there...
    Well I really felt the need for a backup disc too. I had a bad experience with GT4 during the endurances with a worn out disc. I had most of the DLC too, and to my surprise I got a free Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 because I'd bought one of the DLC's twice:

[​IMG]

27. SirAlanClive

SirAlanClive Premium

The car is downloadable as a single piece of DLC @ 79p (£0.79). There's a thread here

28. Rit

Rit Premium

Thanks again for your help Sir!..I will look in to it. :tup:

29. Doodle

Doodle Premium

I wish I could do this... This puts a frown on my face to see I have no chance to actually try this :(

30. numbnuts70

numbnuts70

I don't know what you're on about.

I can't find this anywhere??

Is it for Signature owners only?