GT Academy Edition Challenge Online Qualifying TT

SirAlanClive

Premium
United Kingdom
Florø/Norway
GTP_Rossi/SirAlanClive
I've looked everywhere and can't find a thread for the new Academy challenge. I would expect it to be 'next' to the GT Academy 2012 sub-forum under 'Games' but there's nothing there. If I'm being blind please redirect me and we can delete this thread. Thanks, and Happy New Year to you all.

This is a GT Academy Challenge Online Qualifying TT
using the Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12 Front: Racing Medium, Rear: Racing Soft
on the Eifel (Circuit) 212A

Special Prizes are awarded with Bronze or better results, and ranking in the top 6 will entitle you to advance to the final round.

Gold: Cr. 5,000,000 and a Helmet 1:53.500
Silver: Cr. 3,500,000 and a Suit 1:56.000
Bronze: Cr. 1,500,000 and a Suit 2:00.000

Rankings

Registration

If you don't register, you still get results in-game, but they don't show up on the rankings page and thus they don't count, so this is important! (There's an 'Accept' button at the bottom of the page. This starts the Registration process).

From the Registration page:
“Competition” the GT Academy Challenge competition 2013 comprising an Online Phase and a Grand Final
“Prize” A holiday at Le Mans 24 Hour Race 2013

picture.php

Last edited:
It's probably because it isn't actually the start of GT Academy 2013. This challenge is just themed on GT Academy.

Thanks for that. But I'm still surprised there's no thread what with Immortal_Pilot and Yinato etc. taking part. Maybe I can edit the title and make this a discussion thread.
Edit: Success!
I think this is the right place to discuss this as it appears in Seasonal Events.
Strange handling with the combined tyre types. This beast leaps around the corners but feels quite different from other GTR's I've driven.
Aha, there you are GTP_Rutter200 in 4th as I write. 👍

Last edited:
Well, as of now, im number 93, with a time of 1:49.182. 121... With a poor time of 1:49.660.

Im gonna improve though.

Last edited:
after 10 laps i've done 1.50.580 with controller. any tips on lowering the time laps?

Whoosh...got me a 1:48.985 and 85th. This is fun. But I guess the top time's going to get quite a bit lower before this ends.
Sorry you're not able to join in CargoRat...can't you just get hold of a code somewhere? They're just normal 12 digit redeemable codes. Maybe they limit it because the Real World part of the challenge is in Europe? Be nice to see you here if you find a workaround.

Here are the Terms and Conditions as of September 7 2012:

Terms and conditions will apply. Entrants must be over 18 years of age and will require a full driving licence and ability to travel to the UK and France. They must be resident in one of the following countries: Austria, Czech Rep., Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Rep. of Ireland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK.​

Last edited:
after 10 laps i've done 1.50.580 with controller. any tips on lowering the time laps?

Watch and study one of the fastest replays (gear changes and where they happen), then load one of the fastest ghosts and try to keep up :crazy:

Whoosh...got me a 1:48.985 and 85th. This is fun. But I guess the top time's going to get quite a bit lower before this ends.
Sorry you're not able to join in CargoRat...can't you just get hold of a code somewhere? They're just normal 12 digit redeemable codes. Maybe they limit it because the Real World part of the challenge is in Europe? Be nice to see you here if you find a workaround.

Here are the Terms and Conditions as of September 7 2012:

Terms and conditions will apply. Entrants must be over 18 years of age and will require a full driving licence and ability to travel to the UK and France. They must be resident in one of the following countries: Austria, Czech Rep., Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Rep. of Ireland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK.​

I'll see if I can find a workaround. Not that I'm any real threat to win, but I just like to compete in as many TT events as possible. The more I'm able to compete, the better my skillset becomes. Really looking forward to the regular GTA this year. Really learned alot over the past year and really looking forward to putting my improved skillset to the test. Anyways, I'll see what I can to about this one, I'd really love to compete with you guys.

Only top 6 are chosen? From the whole 'region', being most of europe?

I'd need hours every day for the whole month to have a slim chance of finishing in the top 6 of an event like this. You can be sure the fastest of the fast guys will be putting in super laps to make sure they are top 6.

Good luck to everyone.

Is there a link for a description of this event? It might be nice to try to replicate the conditions for those of us unable to participate.

Rit
Is there a link for a description of this event? It might be nice to try to replicate the conditions for those of us unable to participate.

That sounds like a great idea. Let me know if you set something like this up, would be happy to take part in it.

Watch and study one of the fastest replays (gear changes and where they happen), then load one of the fastest ghosts and try to keep up :crazy:

How do you load a ghost that isn't yours? I've watched some of the replays but didn't see an option to load their ghost.

Thanks.

PS. What do you guys think will be the winning time overall? around 1:44.000? I should be able to get within about ten seconds of that in a month :(

Rit

Updated the OP to give more info.

YOu need a different version of the game to access this?

Yes the Academy Edition - well the PSN download code for the competition on the leaflet inside the box.

Guess you may be able to buy the code on it's own on ebay or somewhere.

How do you load a ghost that isn't yours? I've watched some of the replays but didn't see an option to load their ghost.

Thanks.

PS. What do you guys think will be the winning time overall? around 1:44.000? I should be able to get within about ten seconds of that in a month :(

You go to "Online Rankings" (from inside the race - button no. 7 - the 'S' on its side, not the podium out on the Event Page), click on the player of choice and you'll see two options: "Save Replay" or "Ghost Replay". "Ghost Replay" loads this ghost into your game.

Last edited:
That sounds like a great idea. Let me know if you set something like this up, would be happy to take part in it.

While that too sounds like an even better idea,I was really only asking out of curiosity. I've never raced online and wouldn't know where to start with such a task..:nervous:

Perhaps just mentioning it though you've lit a fire under some ambitious soul because I'd like to follow the results from both events...👍

You go to "Online Rankings", click on the player of choice and you'll see two options: "Save Replay" or "Ghost Replay". "Ghost Replay" loads this ghost into your game.

Thank you, time to dig out the DFGT and see if that helps my times.

Only top 6 are chosen? From the whole 'region', being most of europe?

I'd need hours every day for the whole month to have a slim chance of finishing in the top 6 of an event like this. You can be sure the fastest of the fast guys will be putting in super laps to make sure they are top 6.

Good luck to everyone.
It will be interesting to see who makes it. I guess Arnaud, Jean-Philippe and Thibault will be hard to beat for places in top six. A few countries who have aliens in them are missing in eligible countries list so gives others more of a chance. Hoping someone in UK and Ireland region makes it. I might pick a copy of the game towards the end of the month and give it a go. Interesting to see tyre choice.

Updated the OP to give more info.

Thank you SirAlanClive

I was only asking really to try it out in practice mode but now I see that I don't even own the car being used.*sigh*

Great idea by CargoRat though.Perhaps someone can replicate the conditions and we can have a GTPlanet vs. PD competition..👍

YOu need a different version of the game to access this?

The game is identical to standard GT5 , except that the updates are bundled into it. I think I read that the installation 'footprint' is much smaller than the original GT5, but I wouldn't know: I just stuck it in the PS3 and my GT5 save game worked as normal. I have the Signature edition installed (= Collector's Edition with Stealth Cars) and everything worked with the Academy disc in the PS3 (I was afraid I'd lose my Stealth Cars or something). I think if you had the 12 digit code, you wouldn't need to have this disc.

Last edited:
The game is identical to standard GT5 , except that the updates are bundled into it. I think I read that the installation 'footprint' is much smaller than the original GT5, but I wouldn't know: I just stuck it in the PS3 and my GT5 save game worked as normal. I have the Signature edition installed (= Collector's Edition with Stealth Cars) and everything worked with the Academy disc in the PS3 (I was afraid I'd lose my Stealth Cars or something). I think if you had the 12 digit code, you wouldn't need to have this disc.

So you had the Signature Edition already and you bought this just to play this TT?

So you had the Signature Edition already and you bought this just to play this TT?

Hehe...got me there...
Well I really felt the need for a backup disc too. I had a bad experience with GT4 during the endurances with a worn out disc. I had most of the DLC too, and to my surprise I got a free Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 because I'd bought one of the DLC's twice:

picture.php

Last edited:
Rit
Thank you SirAlanClive

I was only asking really to try it out in practice mode but now I see that I don't even own the car being used.*sigh*

Great idea by CargoRat though.Perhaps someone can replicate the conditions and we can have a GTPlanet vs. PD competition..👍

The car is downloadable as a single piece of DLC @ 79p (£0.79). There's a thread here

I wish I could do this... This puts a frown on my face to see I have no chance to actually try this :(

I don't know what you're on about.

I can't find this anywhere??

Is it for Signature owners only?

Latest Posts

Back