GT Academy Edition Challenge Online Qualifying TT

Congratulations to Arnaud fantastic time as always.
This competition shows what i expected from the beginning.
The winners are old known aliens and no new players which start with the Academy-Edition.

@IMMORTALPILOT: I´ve met Arnaud and Jean-Philippe at Silverstone some years ago and also drove online races against them and Thibault.
They don´t cheat and they don´t need to. ;)

Their speed in races is just incredible like on the TTs and they usually drive without ABS. There´s no point trying to bash any of them without ever met them on track.

I´m sure after you know them personal you will talk different.

It also won´t be easy to beat them in the real cars. All of them had been on Silverstone before and Arnaud was 3rd at the first Academy 2008, so he knows how to drive a car. His brothers did very well too.

As a german of course, good luck to you at Silverstone! :)

Arrived home today to a letter from saying that I have made it to Silverstone! Really wasn't expecting 2 people to pull out. No dates yet so hoping it won't clash with anything.

Wow, that is awesome, good luck in that final event 👍.

I wonder which of the two from top six / seven pulled out?

Arrived home today to a letter from saying that I have made it to Silverstone! Really wasn't expecting 2 people to pull out. No dates yet so hoping it won't clash with anything.

Congrats 👍

Do us all proud :)

well done has immortal got someone DSQ:sly:

:lol: I shouldn't be laughing...bleh I have a shallow sense of humour.

We probably won't find out until next month - http://eu.gran-turismo.com/nz/products/gt5ae/challenge/ - unless someone manages to find out what happened beforehand.

If someone did get DSQ'd instead of withdrawing it would be most likely due to one of the reasons below.

Disqualification

(ii) disparity between the entrant’s registration details provided via the Website and the details of the entrant’s SEN account] the supply of untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information relating to the entrant;

(iii) failure to comply with the terms and conditions of the Voucher or the TOSUA;

(iv) unsportsmanlike conduct and cheating by any means at any time including cutting corners and exploiting glitches and/or any unintended functionality in the Online Phase

Nice one Rutter :D, suprises like that are always good :D!

I guess the DSQ / Non acceptees could have had something else on and just competed for the fun! Who knows though I guess :D!

Any news about this? I can see the ME/SA Race Camp is on at the moment through facebook but not much news about the final for this event.

Well looks like I'm not getting to Silverstone. After getting the forms and sending them back (feb!) I haven't had any reply. I even emailed the contact to see what the score was and got no reply! Sucks.:grumpy:

Well looks like I'm not getting to Silverstone. After getting the forms and sending them back (feb!) I haven't had any reply. I even emailed the contact to see what the score was and got no reply! Sucks.:grumpy:

Not to ruffle any feathers but isn't there a legal obligation for the organisers to hold the grand final event? Most of the people who competed for a spot in Silverstone actually re-purchased GT5. Broken promises aren't a very good look even for big multinationals like Sony and Nissan...

Hi guys and friends :cheers:

Sony call me today for to tell me: the final at silverstone is the 15th May.
I hope to see you rutter's friend

PS: sorry for my english

Great to hear! Looking forward to some media coverage on the event. They've got arguably the fastest GT5 players in the world in Silverstone for that grand final so it would be interesting what they do and make of you guys once you get behind the wheel 👍

P.S. - Can one of the finalists also ask about the 25% off GT Boutique products voucher that should have come with the Signature Edition? That was another broken promise that they can hopefully take care of for all the people who bought that version of GT5.

Hi mate! Sorry if you have message me on GT5 but I have not played since February. Hopefully I hear from Sony soon then.

Still heard nothing!! What a mess.

EDIT: haha got phone call this morning! Event is next Wednesday! Ties in with GT 15 year anniversary.

Last edited:
Still heard nothing!! What a mess.

EDIT: haha got phone call this morning! Event is next Wednesday! Ties in with GT 15 year anniversary.
Wow, being part of GT's 15 year anniversary event must make up for it, might also get chance to try out new GT game too ;). Good luck in competition 👍.

Hi friends
i m back to Silverstone
here are the pictures I took

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741828.100003214358381&type=1&l=461bfee267

Final Results
1st Thibault Lacombe (Outburner) french
2nd Arnaud Lacombe (Ti-tech85) french
3rd Joel (Sskila) french
4th Jean-Philippe Lacombe (Phenicks083) french
5th Rutter british
6th Miguel spanish

My brother win the week end at Le Mans

See you on track amigos :)

Great pictures Jean-Philippe. Thanks for sharing 👍

Back