GT Academy Edition Challenge Online Qualifying TT

I don't know what you're on about.

I can't find this anywhere??

Is it for Signature owners only?

Amazon.co.uk

picture.php

Kaz, I'm Austrian! (Australian) Why can't I play too?

Why New Zealand and not Australia? You both have to get to Silverstone (lol). The USA is closer than you guys so why not them too? No Italy...and only Arab states which didn't have a spring revolution! Where's the logic?
Here's the full list as shown on the registration page:

The GT Academy Challenge Competition (“Competition”) is open to residents of Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Poland, Greece, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, New Zealand, Switzerland, UAE, Saudi Arabia and United Kingdom.

Here's an edited list of the rules: Eligible contestants are those

• [1]who are 18 years of age
    [2]who hold a valid passport and be capable of obtaining the appropriate visa to visit Silverstone circuit, England and attend the Prize at Le Mans circuit, France (as applicable to the entrant)
    [3]who hold a fully unrestricted (not provisional) valid driving licence issued by the relevant national driving licensing authority, with the appropriate category of vehicle (car) clearly indicated
    [4]who have not been convicted of any criminal offences
    [5]who do not have a physical or mental condition which would make them unsuitable to participate in any applicable part of the Competition
    [6]who have not cheated by any means at any time including cutting corners and exploiting glitches and/or any unintended functionality in the Online Phase

4...But I didn't inhale your Honour
6...looks perfect for CargoRat
5...would disqualify half of us anyway.

The prize is worth about 10 000 euros:
The Winner will be awarded a holiday at Le Mans 24 Hour Race 2013 (taking place on the 22nd and 23rd June 2013) for himself/herself and a companion aged 18 or over.

I liked this bit:
a minimum of 2 nights’ accommodation (which may be tented) for 2 people close to Le Mans Circuit

Last edited:
Why New Zealand and not Australia? You both have to get to Silverstone (lol). The USA is closer than you guys so why not them too? No Italy...and only Arab states which didn't have a spring revolution! Where's the logic?
Here's the full list as shown on the registration page:

The GT Academy Challenge Competition (“Competition”) is open to residents of Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Poland, Greece, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, New Zealand, Switzerland, UAE, Saudi Arabia and United Kingdom.

Here's an edited list of the rules: Eligible contestants are those

• [1]who are 18 years of age
    [2]who hold a valid passport and be capable of obtaining the appropriate visa to visit Silverstone circuit, England and attend the Prize at Le Mans circuit, France (as applicable to the entrant)
    [3]who hold a fully unrestricted (not provisional) valid driving licence issued by the relevant national driving licensing authority, with the appropriate category of vehicle (car) clearly indicated
    [4]who have not been convicted of any criminal offences
    [5]who do not have a physical or mental condition which would make them unsuitable to participate in any applicable part of the Competition
    [6]who have not cheated by any means at any time including cutting corners and exploiting glitches and/or any unintended functionality in the Online Phase

4...But I didn't inhale your Honour
6...looks perfect for CargoRat
5...would disqualify half of us anyway.

The prize is worth about 10 000 euros:
The Winner will be awarded a holiday at Le Mans 24 Hour Race 2013 (taking place on the 22nd and 23rd June 2013) for himself/herself and a companion aged 18 or over.

I liked this bit:
a minimum of 2 nights’ accommodation (which may be tented) for 2 people close to Le Mans Circuit

Thanks, I resemble that remark.:lol: A compliment? I'll gladly take it. Nice to be reconized as a clean and fair racer. Appreciate the reconition.

Ater about 2 hours tonight I was able to run 1'48.372(GTP_wheels), good for 79th at the moment. If I can break into the 47's I will be pretty happy. The circuit definitely takes some figuring out and now that I have learned the corners I will have to watch some top ten replays and see what I'm doing wrong.

Every time I run a course maker track it reminds me that even with the design faults it is a really nice feature and really adds to GT5. The course is good and having an original really adds to the challenge. Nice job PD.

Every time I run a course maker track it reminds me that even with the design faults it is a really nice feature and really adds to GT5. The course is good and having an original really adds to the challenge. Nice job PD.

Can you make a similar version of the track and share it please?

Can you make a similar version of the track and share it please?

I've never really messed with course creator too much, just like to use the ones others have made. How do I recreate a course PD made?

Found a Dutch site (they, along with Belgium and Italy to name a few, are not included) which says:

Last September the Academy Edition of Gran Turismo 5 uitegekomen herein were all updates and the previously released DLC in a pack. It was also an extra voucher added giving access to the Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition league . At first it seemed Netherlands and Belgium have no access to get because of the condition that has made ​​Sony Playstation. The challenge, however, is accessible and playable in achieving the golden time you even get 10 million credits on your account there!
(I do so love Google Translate ...lol)
So it looks as if the codes will work, but you won't be able to register and thus your times won't show up on the leader boards even though you'll see them in-game.

Edit:

Look what I found: (Go to Rankings and click on 'Other' Region)
This looks like all the 'non-combatant' countries.

picture.php

So it looks like we can play together after all, but you guys aren't allowed to win (rotfl) Damn, there goes my top 100 placement :dunce:

Here's a US Amazon link for the product.
Here's a UK Ebay link for the product.
This game is sometimes bundled with the new 12G PS3, so I reckon there could be a few floating around various Ebays.
See y'all on the leaderboards, if not in Silverstone.

Last edited:
Kaz, I'm Austrian! (Australian) Why can't I play too?

I'm guessing Australia isnt allowed to compete because there's only one person in Australia who can win hands down, resulting in an unfair advantage.

I'm still within the top 50. Long way to go in this competition. I wonder if the leaders can get sub 45's?

EDIT: Holy jesus its my first post in GTP! :D

I'm guessing Australia isnt allowed to compete because there's only one person in Australia who can win hands down, resulting in an unfair advantage.

EDIT: Holy jesus its my first post in GTP! :D

I am not the Aussie that will win. :(

You joined in 2011, but your first post is in 2013. Is that a record? (We joined within 2 days of each other.)

Maybe there will be an all Aussie GT Academy. It will be over Easter with the release of the Bathurst DLC. So for now, go the Kiwis I guess.

Installation from GT5AE occupies exactly the same space as normal GT5 with updates up to 2.07. Both versions are completely identical.
Installing process of GT5AE just faster because has cumulative update as one big PKG with size 2GB. So, you don't need to download it as with normal GT5. Although, with normal GT5 you will download much more than 2GB, installation will occupy the same space because some newer GT5 updates overwrite files of older updates.

The only difference are voucher sets. GT5AE has voucher for this competition - this is the only unique thing in GT5AE, nothing else.

It should be an interesting battle at top. IMMORTALPILOT is very strong in race cars in this game.

sorg:
Thanks for clarifying that.
If I reinstalled the game from the GT5AE disc, would I save disc space? (Do some of the patches we download during updates reside permanently on the hard drive?) My 80 Gig is always full so I was considering reinstalling the game.
My bad if I misled anyone with my assumptions.

Ran a short session earlier today with my old "gm-matthew-41" account, and I'm currently 121st (excluding ineligible countries) with a 1:48.578. Since the track is a custom one full of turns over crests and no clear racing line, I'm sure that everyone will eventually be going a lot faster.

I'm not particularly optimistic about making the top 6; in GTA 2012 I didn't even crack the top 600, let alone top 6. Nevertheless, I'll see where I can end up.

I bought GT5: Academy Edition mainly for the DLC, so I'm already happy. The competition is just a bonus :)

There very wellcould be 6 French in the top 6 come end of this! I don't think I'm gonna be able to make the cut. I'll keep plugging away though. However I won't be grinding away as it takes alot of of you!

Having been to the Academy race camp I would love to get back to Silverstone and have another crack in the 370z and GTR and hopefully do much better:lol:

Installation from GT5AE occupies exactly the same space as normal GT5 with updates up to 2.07. Both versions are completely identical.
Installing process of GT5AE just faster because has cumulative update as one big PKG with size 2GB. So, you don't need to download it as with normal GT5. Although, with normal GT5 you will download much more than 2GB, installation will occupy the same space because some newer GT5 updates overwrite files of older updates.

The only difference are voucher sets. GT5AE has voucher for this competition - this is the only unique thing in GT5AE, nothing else.

I go to Options -> Utilities -> Determine size of installed files. I get 6,758 MB
I have all DLC and all updates and I pre-installed the Main Game Data so I'm thinking most of us have about the same.
Could some of you do a check and see what you've got in there? (Especially someone who has installed GT5AE?). I think a re-install might be on the cards.

I've been studying IMMORTALPILOT's current first place run, and I have to say his car moves differently than anything I can achieve (yes I know he's better than me, but apart from that :)). He turns sharper than I can and I'm wondering if this is the difference between my DFGT and say the G27? I turned my FF down to 1 just to get a more instantaneous response and I improved my time by a tenth. What do you say IP? What wheel are you using?

I've been studying IMMORTALPILOT's current first place run, and I have to say his car moves differently than anything I can achieve (yes I know he's better than me, but apart from that :)). He turns sharper than I can and I'm wondering if this is the difference between my DFGT and say the G27? I turned my FF down to 1 just to get a more instantaneous response and I improved my time by a tenth. What do you say IP? What wheel are you using?

Iam using G27 Wheel Sir.

There very wellcould be 6 French in the top 6 come end of this! I don't think I'm gonna be able to make the cut. I'll keep plugging away though. However I won't be grinding away as it takes alot of of you!

Having been to the Academy race camp I would love to get back to Silverstone and have another crack in the 370z and GTR and hopefully do much better:lol:
There is still quite a few aliens who have yet to run a lap on this so I guess it will get really competitive once some of them realise about this competition. I wonder if EDDSKILL joins the show, I think he is probably the fastest at TTs in UK regarding Gran Turismo 5.

Good luck Thomas 👍, hope you or someone from our region makes it. There is always a chance that even if you fall outside of top six, you might be able to still make it.

It is his style of driving. Definitely not difference beteen DFGT and G27.

I cant accel out of the 3 full throttle sections hard.. there's a lot of time to be lost there.. :(

The Norwegian girl (I guess...Anna_Bjorge_NOR...) placed behind you at 59th and the guy at 60th are using automatic transmission. Awesome.

sorg:
Thanks for clarifying that.
If I reinstalled the game from the GT5AE disc, would I save disc space? (Do some of the patches we download during updates reside permanently on the hard drive?) My 80 Gig is always full so I was considering reinstalling the game.
My bad if I misled anyone with my assumptions.

No. You will get exactly the same installation size. You may slightly reduce size on HDD after deleting game data and re-installation because photos, replays and cache of museum will be deleted too.

Pretty sure we must still be under "double seasonal payouts" with this event, as I got 10 million for my first run of a Silver time, then another 10m when I finally achieved the gold (I'm also on the 200% login bonus)
This is probably the fasted 20mil you're ever likely to make!! >:0)

:lol: great to see you competing and finally posting on the forums Paul :D

LOL thanks man, your doing pretty well for yourself. I'll be sure to be following your progress closely. :)

Wouldnt it be nice to have GTA: AUS/NZ and have a chance with racing with the Kelly racing in their new V8 nissan... dreams are free. :D

Back