GT Academy: Fedup with folks who go off the track? Not playing clean?

• Thread starter Deuce350z
  • 476 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
where can i find these at? I haven't been online much. I know some guys are mad, but I want to help people in this community to be faster!

I'll be online in like 2 hours (if the bro isn't wanting to race) after work/traffic/dinner.

If there aren't any threads that have an open room to join, I'll create one based on Cape Ring specs (car specs posted later) as close as possible. Maybe do some "walk-throughs" or "shadowing". I need to fix my headset...it's paired to my brothers' PS3.

Are you using a controller or wheel? (I have wheel but it's relatively new to me and might switch to controller to see if I can get my feel fixed). And do you use a bit of handbrake? Because I imagine you do after watching your ghost last night.

I'll be online in like 2 hours (if the bro isn't wanting to race) after work/traffic/dinner.

If there aren't any threads that have an open room to join, I'll create one based on Cape Ring specs (car specs posted later) as close as possible. Maybe do some "walk-throughs" or "shadowing". I need to fix my headset...it's paired to my brothers' PS3.

Are you using a controller or wheel? (I have wheel but it's relatively new to me and might switch to controller to see if I can my feel fixed). And do you use a bit of handbrake? Because I imagine you do after watching your ghost last night.

I don't use the handbrake at the Cape or Tsukuba. Honestly I don't remember if I did or not at Rome. Earlier today I was screwing around with it in a couple spots. I don't think I used it on my money lap though. The car in Rome has just a wee bit of understeer.

As far as a wheel i have a G27, what wheel do you have?

DFGT.

I only saw the Cape Ring replay. What struck me the most was the 2nd left handed turn. I'm not sure how you managed to cut that well...I thought at first it was my technique that wasn't quite right, but then I thought maybe it was because I wasn't using HB. Guess that wasn't it.

It seems like like Z wants to understeer a bit and loses grip.

I leave the settings to everything "off" but TCS at "1"

Deuce, I have offered help to make you faster so you could be in the top whatever in your region and you are still crying man. Give it up. Let me just ask. What's your time at the Cape right now?

I appreciate it Choate, but i'll pass, I may not compete in the competition if these are going to be the rules.

I ran cape ring in 2:52.837, I know my weak areas that I need to work on, but chasing after these guys that are jumping off the track makes it not even worth trying.

Honestly, I haven't seen anyone really cheating. There's nothing wrong with that screenshot. It's his desired line, and so far has proven to be the fastest. I've seen pros do that, use a seldom driven portion of tarmac as an integrated part of their line.

Rudolf Caracciola hooked the inside tires of his car into a drainage ditch on Nordschleife in it's early days. Gee, that name sounds an awful lot like carousel....

My point is, if he does it, then you need to do it too, and modify the technicals to achieve a better time.

Hey just an update for the guys that are fed up with guys running off the track. Go check out my newest fast lap at the Ring. I did not use that runoff area and I now have a 2.46.642 I think I went faster by using the right part of the track!

DFGT.

I only saw the Cape Ring replay. What struck me the most was the 2nd left handed turn. I'm not sure how you managed to cut that well...I thought at first it was my technique that wasn't quite right, but then I thought maybe it was because I wasn't using HB. Guess that wasn't it.

It seems like like Z wants to understeer a bit and loses grip.

I leave the settings to everything "off" but TCS at "1"

If it's you are talking about the corner I think you are, it's all about catching that elevation change while slightly draggin the brake to get the back end to rotate.

Honestly, I haven't seen anyone really cheating. There's nothing wrong with that screenshot. It's his desired line, and so far has proven to be the fastest. I've seen pros do that, use a seldom driven portion of tarmac as an integrated part of their line.

Rudolf Caracciola hooked the inside tires of his car into a drainage ditch on Nordschleife in it's early days. Gee, that name sounds an awful lot like carousel....

My point is, if he does it, then you need to do it too, and modify the technicals to achieve a better time.

Believe me, if I didn't have the horrible gut feeling when I do it, I would. But I can't stand running the car off the track, I end up just restarting the race and doing it all over again.

It's not my fault for wanting to drive the line, nor is it the fault of the guy whose driving in the gray area, it's PD/Sony's fault.

Hey just an update for the guys that are fed up with guys running off the track. Go check out my newest fast lap at the Ring. I did not use that runoff area and I now have a 2.46.642 I think I went faster by using the right part of the track!

Impressive! I ran 2.50.511 and i was super pumped!! I just want to make round 2.

Impressive! I ran 2.50.511 and i was super pumped!! I just want to make round 2.

are you using a wheel? I observed something that can be used as a tool. The tire temp indicator is a great way to know how much available grip each tire has in a particular corner. Such as when you brake really heavilly and slide the back a little. The outside rear turns red. If you hit the throttle then the back end will slide out. But if you just wait that instant for it to change away from red you can put the hammer down 9 times outa 10.

That's good info, I did notice the tire temp gauge, but it is kind of troublesome thinking that the tires give up the ghost that easily. I have started to use a little trail braking though. shaved about a second off my time on the ring. I still need to work on Tsukuba. I'm 180th or something in the rankings on that track. In the regional rankings overall time I'm 77th up from 84th.

are you using a wheel? I observed something that can be used as a tool. The tire temp indicator is a great way to know how much available grip each tire has in a particular corner. Such as when you brake really heavilly and slide the back a little. The outside rear turns red. If you hit the throttle then the back end will slide out. But if you just wait that instant for it to change away from red you can put the hammer down 9 times outa 10.

I use the controller/stick. i will watch the temps:tup:

Believe me, if I didn't have the horrible gut feeling when I do it, I would. But I can't stand running the car off the track, I end up just restarting the race and doing it all over again.

It's not my fault for wanting to drive the line, nor is it the fault of the guy whose driving in the gray area, it's PD/Sony's fault.

You're experiencing a taste of what occurs IRL.... Fear. What you're feeling is 00000000.1% of the fear drivers face on every turn, except you know you aren't going to die. Instead, the death is replaced with failure. Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Realize, I have been doing nothing but Tsukuba since this started, hell
I'd walk that track if I could just to feel my way. I just go.

Who cares - all you have to do to make it to the next round is top 128 in your region...hopefully the penalties in the next round won't have this kind of glitch.

You're experiencing a taste of what occurs IRL.... Fear. What you're feeling is 00000000.1% of the fear drivers face on every turn, except you know you aren't going to die. Instead, the death is replaced with failure. Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Realize, I have been doing nothing but Tsukuba since this started, hell
I'd walk that track if I could just to feel my way. I just go.

No offense m8 but it's not fear, it's what is called a ******** lap and I like to perfect my driving line.

31654wj.jpg

Maz
Here is some fuel. :)

No offense m8 but it's not fear, it's what is called a ******** lap and I like to perfect my driving line.

If you run a perfect line on the rest of the track you will be in 1st. The most the jump can gain you is .400 I really suggest you try to accept the way things are and try to enjoy it the way it is. Hopefully the next round will not have any cuts on it. I doubt they will change it . Good luck.

Oh I think we all understand what you are saying. Don't do anything past the edge of control! Why didn't they just have a kart TT at Daytona!

To be honest I don't really care about how the presentation looks in a made up race track in a video game so I dont think that picture will stop me from doing that.

LOL 👍

You never know, he might be a damn good landscaper for online race tracks.

This is nothing. You should have seen what people got away with in the WCG Forza 3 competition tons of shortcuts, and PGR3 for that matter. Practically every turn was a wallbounce. Sadly its very rare for any racing competition to be 'fair'

No kidding..I went to the WCG nationals in 2007 for pgr3. Wallbash city. Qualified for nationals in 08 for pgr4 but backed out after this reply to my email "wallbouncing is considered cheating...unfortunately we have no rules in place to prevent it"

Unfortunately people will look fro any advantage they can. I agree going over that line should be a foul, but its not for what ever reason. Nothing we can really do about it. A leaderboard wipe is also unfair to those of us with clean laps in the top 25 or so. I know I dont want to redo my laps. Plus if you thinks its bad now, wait until round 2 and 3 with more on the line.

I didnt read all of this thread, sorry if its been mentioned.

I believe somewhere in the fine print rules states that the top qualifiers will have there times and replays reviewed.

Do what you want guys. Cause if Sony is going to allow this to happen, this contest just isn't for me. I already know I could beat half these people on a real track anyways.

If you run a perfect line on the rest of the track you will be in 1st. The most the jump can gain you is .400 I really suggest you try to accept the way things are and try to enjoy it the way it is. Hopefully the next round will not have any cuts on it. I doubt they will change it . Good luck.

Sorry man but I didn't say anywhere in my post that I drove the perfect line, hell if I did, I WOULD be on the top scoreboard, but i'd still be here complaining about these poor rules by PD.

This is getting off topic, I don't want this thread to turn into a battle between his or hers lap times, this is about implementing proper rules into the tournament that would suite those of real life conditions. I know several other folks who are in the same boat as me would like to see the same thing. For those who are racing in the gray area, going off the track, it's probably not going to affect them much.

Some of the replays i've seen the drivers are really good, and they would probably remain close to their current ranks on the leaderboards.

Sorry man but I didn't say anywhere in my post that I drove the perfect line, hell if I did, I WOULD be on the top scoreboard, but i'd still be here complaining about these poor rules by PD.

This is getting off topic, I don't want this thread to turn into a battle between his or hers lap times, this is about implementing proper rules into the tournament that would suite those of real life conditions. I know several other folks who are in the same boat as me would like to see the same thing. For those who are racing in the gray area, going off the track, it's probably not going to affect them much.

Some of the replays i've seen the drivers are really good, and they would probably remain close to their current ranks on the leaderboards.

All I know Deuce is I appreciate you voicing your concern over me going onto that "grey" area of the track. I used it as motivation to post an even quicker time at the Cape without using that extra bit of track. Oh an no handbrake was harmed in the making of the lap either.

All I know Deuce is I appreciate you voicing your concern over me going onto that "grey" area of the track. I used it as motivation to post an even quicker time at the Cape without using that extra bit of track. Oh an no handbrake was harmed in the making of the lap either.

Awesome, congrats man i'm happy for ya! 👍

That wasn't mean to be sarcastic in any way :P

Last edited:
I honestly couldn't care less about people going off track in their runs. Perhaps cutting a chicane maybe, but they have their style and I have mine. Their style of racing doesn't detract from the fun of the competition.

xSLOW POKEx
i suggest you trade in the PS3 for a real race car.

Wow, what a deal. Sign me up! *packs away PS3*

R1600Turbo
but will suck when it comes time to strap into a real car. Guaranteed.

As someone who has never driven an MT and doesn't even use a wheel to play this game, I'm pretty sure that's me. hahahaha.

On another note, I've been trying to implement the heel-toe method into my runs, something I've never tried before. I read about it in the Apex book and I understand the general idea, but as someone only using a controller, I don't know if I'm implementing it properly or not. If I'm going up to a corner where I intend to use it, I hit square (as opposed to pulling back on the stick), tap x to rev up a bit and then down shift. Shouldn't the car jump forward a bit when this is done right?

Awesome, congrats man i'm happy for ya! 👍

That wasn't mean to be sarcastic in any way :P

Really? I caught the joke and left it at that. I wanted to prove a point that you can be fast without using the extra bit of track. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back