GT Academy: Fedup with folks who go off the track? Not playing clean?

• Thread starter Deuce350z
  • 476 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deuce350z
Duece350z
I hate seeing the top guys on the score board often going off the track, hell even on the cape ring track one guy exits coming off the track to the side road exiting the S bend before the long loop.

My opinion, these laps should be invalidated, don't take this as a cry for "Oh his too good", but this should be clean racing to find the best drivers, am I not right? I like to keep it clean and find my fastest lap times without having to take 2 tires into the grass, so should the GT academy tournament.

So why are they allowing this type of driving when it would not be tolerated in Real Life? As long as your inside tires are not going over the rumble strip, it should be counted, if the inside tires go off the rumble strip the lap should be invalid.

Screen shot below of the lap I was talking about on cape ring, this should have been invalidated, but instead he topped the scoreboard.

If you are really upset, then you need to place a call to Nissan and Sony, and get a hold of their marketing team.

I did that with the Logitech Challenege, called Sony and Logitech. Sony said, its Logitech's event, so its up to them to correct it. Logitech said: https://www.gtplanet.net/logitech-responds-to-cheating-in-gt5p-challenge/

I believe back in 2008, for the first GTA some guys got 1 driver disqualified for cheating as well.

So its worth a shot. I will take a look at it myself, and will complain when I see it.

Lol you guys remind me of formula one. When someone else's car is quicker they try and get what's making them quicker banned.

Unfortunetly this kind of behaviour was always going to happen. Im sure there will be plenty more emerging sooner or later. Complaining about it wont do much good.

If GTPlanet ran the GTAcademy there wouldn't be much controversy. :lol:

OT: And why are the Playstation US boards all locked?

Well you can't do anything about that, that's how the event was setup. You can't expect clean racing from everyone. When you compete in WRS, you always compete against clean drivers. Playing online with others, you'll run into bad drivers all day. Nothing you can do, GT doesn't set you up with people with the same driving style as you. :(

Well you can't do anything about that, that's how the event was setup. You can't expect clean racing from everyone. When you compete in WRS, you always compete against clean drivers. Playing online with others, you'll run into bad drivers all day. Nothing you can do, GT doesn't set you up with people with the same driving style as you. :(

Yet they are able to setup zones on the track to invalidate a lap time if the car slides off into one of these zones, but the whole right side of the track in the screenshot I included seems to not have any of these zones setup.

I knew people would moan that people are complaining of faster players, which isn't the case, i'm complaining about PD implementing poor rules on the track and allowing this type of driving behavior to go by.

Lol you guys remind me of formula one. When someone else's car is quicker they try and get what's making them quicker banned.

Unfortunetly this kind of behaviour was always going to happen. Im sure there will be plenty more emerging sooner or later. Complaining about it wont do much good.

To say something like this is very naive. For one if i'm racing somebody better than me, I don't complain about it and I don't go whining to others that he somehow cheats, I stick to his rear bumper and learn what his doing that i'm not and keep practicing. (Check all my thread post and tell me where you've found me complaining besides for this thread) However if I find what does make them quicker, unfair, then yes I will complain about it but usually only to the folks I race with regularly.

I've fired off emails to the PR departments of Sony and Nissan motorsports, we'll see what kind of response I get.

Last edited:
What these people don't get is that they would not be allowed to do that on a real track, in real life. Therefore they should not be allowed to do it in the contest.

Yet they are able to setup zones on the track to invalidate a lap time if the car slides off into one of these zones, but the whole right side of the track in the screenshot I included seems to not have any of these zones setup.

I knew people would moan that people are complaining of faster players, which isn't the case, i'm complaining about PD implementing poor rules on the track and allowing this type of driving behavior to go by.

To say something like this is very naive. For one if i'm racing somebody better than me, I don't complain about it and I don't go whining to others that he somehow cheats, I stick to his rear bumper and learn what his doing that i'm not and keep practicing. (Check all my thread post and tell me where you've found me complaining besides for this thread) However if I find what does make them quicker, unfair, then yes I will complain about it but usually only to the folks I race with regularly.

I've fired off emails to the PR departments of Sony and Nissan motorsports, we'll see what kind of response I get.

I didn't mean to be offensive or anything. Clearly sarcasm doesn't show up too well in writing. Don't take it as a personal attack on you or anything like that, i was referring to the situation. In F1, many times this season in fact people have complained about something on the leading car (usually the red bull car) giving them an advantage, and of course nothing is done about it because its within the rules. Its exactly the same situation here. A group of people have decided to run wide. Perhaps they even messed up and did it by mistake. The game has judged it to be legal and a perfectly valid lap as that part of the track is not considered to be a short cut (because it isn't) Annoyingly for you it didnt fit within your definiation of a clean lap. Complaining about it wont get you anywhere. I wish i was wrong, i want to see clean laps as much as you (not that im competing being british) It was decided probably many months ago what is considered a zone of invalidated lap. Perhaps the wrong track was picked for the contest? But again, its too late to change anything now.

This is nothing. You should have seen what people got away with in the WCG Forza 3 competition tons of shortcuts, and PGR3 for that matter. Practically every turn was a wallbounce. Sadly its very rare for any racing competition to be 'fair'

What these people don't get is that they would not be allowed to do that on a real track, in real life. Therefore they should not be allowed to do it in the contest.

what they do get, though, is fastest time in this game wins the competition...so, they play the game and use every advantage they can...

I didn't mean to be offensive or anything. Clearly sarcasm doesn't show up too well in writing. Don't take it as a personal attack on you or anything like that, i was referring to the situation. In F1, many times this season in fact people have complained about something on the leading car (usually the red bull car) giving them an advantage, and of course nothing is done about it because its within the rules. Its exactly the same situation here. A group of people have decided to run wide. Perhaps they even messed up and did it by mistake. The game has judged it to be legal and a perfectly valid lap as that part of the track is not considered to be a short cut (because it isn't) Annoyingly for you it didnt fit within your definiation of a clean lap. Complaining about it wont get you anywhere. I wish i was wrong, i want to see clean laps as much as you (not that im competing being british) It was decided probably many months ago what is considered a zone of invalidated lap. Perhaps the wrong track was picked for the contest? But again, its too late to change anything now.

This is nothing. You should have seen what people got away with in the WCG Forza 3 competition tons of shortcuts, and PGR3 for that matter. Practically every turn was a wallbounce. Sadly its very rare for any racing competition to be 'fair'

Ah, no problem man. Clearly yes, sarcasm is hard to pick up at times in writing. I haven't been apart of the F1 competition, but I know what you mean by the ridiculous amounts of unclean online drivers.

what they do get, though, is fastest time in this game wins the competition...so, they play the game and use every advantage they can...

Unfortunately they are the kind of people who use advantages to win the contest, but will suck when it comes time to strap into a real car. Guaranteed.

I know in real life I sure in hell wouldn't try this on purpose because the barrier wouldn't feel good. I have raced karts and do Time attacks with my GTO. I know how to drive IRL so strapping me in a car don't scare me.

I actually found out about this by accident. I messed up on a pretty quick lap and went wide and it didn't DQ the lap. I didn't bother messing with it.

Just like in real life, it is the job of the driver and the team to use everything he can to his advantage.

Just like in real life, it is the job of the driver and the team to use everything he can to his advantage.

This.

If running wide there really is that much faster then I suggest thats the line you take if you want any hope of qualifying.

I know in real life I sure in hell wouldn't try this on purpose because the barrier wouldn't feel good. I have raced karts and do Time attacks with my GTO. I know how to drive IRL so strapping me in a car don't scare me.

I actually found out about this by accident. I messed up on a pretty quick lap and went wide and it didn't DQ the lap. I didn't bother messing with it.

Not to make this sound harsh or anything, but - Just like in real life, any advantages taken by going off the track will get you a warning, followed by a 2nd warning if it happens again then a disqualification. Continued abuse of this will get your license suspended, which I think is up to a year.

On a lap that takes over 2.46 to complete, the .3 of a second can be found somewhere else on this track. I know my lap has about .6-.8 seconds left in it. I missed a couple entries and a couple exits.

Once again, if someone invites me to a practice room I have no problem trying to help. I've been quick in every racing game I have played on the PS3, Sprint cars/F1 2010/GT5 and I have always been the one giving out setups and hints. It's a competition but I am also into the genre because I like teaching others how to achieve better results for themselves.

I honestly don't see what everyone is so ticked off about. I know my time WILL be beat, does it bother me? Heck no. There will always be someone faster/better then me. All I want at the end of the day is knowing I did my maximum, and let the chips fall where they may.

Not to make this sound harsh or anything, but - Just like in real life, any advantages taken by going off the track will get you a warning, followed by a 2nd warning if it happens again then a disqualification. Continued abuse of this will get your license suspended, which I think is up to a year.

You have never watched Nascar at Sonoma. Turn 5 they always jump the rumble strip and go way off the track. I remind you this is a simulated VIDEO GAME. If you want things to be real i suggest you trade in the PS3 for a real race car.

No doubt! I've written rule books for a racing org! But I haven't received a warning have I? There isn't an official waving the black flag. So as far as I'm concerned I haven't done anything wrong. Was it playing in the grey area? Damn right it was.

Exactly.

If Sony and PD are going to allow this, then it's not worth running the contest to me. I don't want to be part of something where people are allowed to cheat to win.

On a lap that takes over 2.46 to complete, the .3 of a second can be found somewhere else on this track. I know my lap has about .6-.8 seconds left in it. I missed a couple entries and a couple exits.

Once again, if someone invites me to a practice room I have no problem trying to help. I've been quick in every racing game I have played on the PS3, Sprint cars/F1 2010/GT5 and I have always been the one giving out setups and hints. It's a competition but I am also into the genre because I like teaching others how to achieve better results for themselves.

I honestly don't see what everyone is so ticked off about. I know my time WILL be beat, does it bother me? Heck no. There will always be someone faster/better then me. All I want at the end of the day is knowing I did my maximum, and let the chips fall where they may.

I may hit you up from time to time about some of your techniques. I am quick, but I know I'm nowhere near the quickest. On that track I have about 8 seconds of speed to find. So far my quickest track is Rome. I think it's because the line is so easy to imagine, and I know where I can get faster.

No doubt! I've written rule books for a racing org! But I haven't received a warning have I? There isn't an official waving the black flag. So as far as I'm concerned I haven't done anything wrong. Was it playing in the grey area? Damn right it was.

Rule book is dictated by Sony/Nissan/PD. Can't say I appreciate pushing limits in the grey area, but :yuck:

I may hit you up from time to time about some of your techniques. I am quick, but I know I'm nowhere near the quickest. On that track I have about 8 seconds of speed to find. So far my quickest track is Rome. I think it's because the line is so easy to imagine, and I know where I can get faster.

just hit me up sometime. I can help you find some of that 8 seconds, and help get you into the 2nd round!

Rule book is dictated by Sony/Nissan/PD. Can't say I appreciate pushing limits in the grey area, but :yuck:

It's racing man. Ever heard of a guy named Smokey Yunick? How about Chad Knaus? How about Bill Belichick? They all push the limits!

You have never watched Nascar at Sonoma. Turn 5 they always jump the rumble strip and go way off the track. I remind you this is a simulated VIDEO GAME. If you want things to be real i suggest you trade in the PS3 for a real race car.

Not a fan of Nascar so i'm unfamiliar with their rules, and I do race my car on local tracks every chance I get.

Sony/PD decided to hold this competition with an entrace to the GT Academy, so I would think the same rules that apply in the real world apply here.

If Sony wants guys who know how to run the cars off the track, then great they picked the right competition and as soon as I get confirmation from their PR department that's what their looking for, i'll shut up.

It's racing man. Ever heard of a guy named Smokey Yunick? How about Chad Knaus? How about Bill Belichick? They all push the limits!

ehhh. Risk is one thing, rule making is another. I guess if the hosts of the competition have no qualms about the rules and the grey areas, then so be it. Their loss.

Not a fan of Nascar so i'm unfamiliar with their rules, and I do race my car on local tracks every chance I get.

Sony/PD decided to hold this competition with an entrace to the GT Academy, so I would think the same rules that apply in the real world apply here.

If Sony wants guys who know how to run the cars off the track, then great they picked the right competition and as soon as I get confirmation from their PR department that's what their looking for, i'll shut up.

You and I are on the same page man. 👍

Deuce, I have offered help to make you faster so you could be in the top whatever in your region and you are still crying man. Give it up. Let me just ask. What's your time at the Cape right now?

just hit me up sometime. I can help you find some of that 8 seconds, and help get you into the 2nd round!

I might join one of the GT Planet user rooms later tonight for track practice on rome and cape ring. :)

I might join one of the GT Planet user rooms later tonight for track practice on rome and cape ring. :)

where can i find these at? I haven't been online much. I know some guys are mad, but I want to help people in this community to be faster!

I think I see both sides. I was running the "clean" line for most of my laps, then looked at a ghost of the gray line. I had not imagined that it would be allowed. With the new information, I gained some time.

I can't see calling it cheating...? To me it's not really different than cutting a corner. In the end, all that matters as far as cheating accusations are the rules. Here, the rules are clear. That piece of tarmac/grass is part of the track. Use it wisely. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back