GT Academy: Fedup with folks who go off the track? Not playing clean?

• Thread starter Deuce350z
  • 476 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like in real life, it is the job of the driver and the team to use everything he can to his advantage.

+3

The rules are the same for everyone, the game decides what will invalidate your lap time and what wont. If you decide not to utilize everything that is available to you because you feel it is unfair then that is your decision and I totally respect that.

So what if you come in 129th place at the end of Round 1 but you drove completely clean. Would you be satisfied? If so, I applaud you.

To me, this is a competition and I will do whatever it takes to win as long as I am not violating any rules.

+4

I have seen your times TRC_Hunk and Choate51 and you are good. I can furnish a good amount of real racing video of professionals 'cutting' corners. If it's 'legal' and they can get away with it a competitor will do anything they can to get an advantage and cut their lap time. I'll be checking out the people ahead of me and figuring out what they are doing and do the same thing to catch up.

I used that line last night. Didn't "like" it, but broke into the 8's with it. Now, I am going to go back and beat that time clean. It was eating at me this morning a bit anyway, then I saw this thread. I know I can beat my time clean, so now it is a mission.

I agree. Although it seems cheap, everyone has the same restrictions, and number 1 will always use anything he can to be at the top. And he will stay number 1.

What sucks is if I didn't come on GTP, I would've never known this is how people were getting such good lap times and I would've continued to practice until I realized there was no way to get a clean lap that fast.

I agree. Although it seems cheap, everyone has the same restrictions, and number 1 will always use anything he can to be at the top. And he will stay number 1.

What sucks is if I didn't come on GTP, I would've never known this is how people were getting such good lap times and I would've continued to practice until I realized there was no way to get a clean lap that fast.

As of last night I had the fastest time at the Cape WITHOUT using that extra bit of track to shut up the naysayers. Proving that you can actually run faster without it. 2.46.642 as of today.

As of last night I had the fastest time at the Cape WITHOUT using that extra bit of track to shut up the naysayers. Proving that you can actually run faster without it. 2.46.642 as of today.

I will be loading your replay. 👍 I don't care about running your time. I just want to beat my best, and be in the top 128 this round. I will worry about top 32 in the next round. ;)

I cant believe how much some of you guys are defending this cheating by saying "its in the game so its ok".

Anyone who knows motorsports knows that knows good and well that this is a dirty tactic and would never be allowed in a real sanctioned event, the only reason its happening right now is because PD obviously didn't know about it upon release of the competition, Kaz isn't a fool.

The rules are the same for everyone, the game decides what will invalidate your lap time and what wont. If you decide not to utilize everything that is available to you because you feel it is unfair then that is your decision and I totally respect that.

BS I am sorry, only because any person who respects the sport wouldn't even "think" that this line would be available let alone use it. So how can you say "utilize everything". It is obvious this shouldn't be allowed, stop defending it.

BS I am sorry, only because any person who respects the sport would even "think" that this line would be available let alone use it. So how can you say "utilize everything". It is obvious this shouldn't be allowed, stop defending it.

The guys that "respect" the sport are guys running towards the back in any series, Cope, Speed I can keep going. They guys that will win at any cost are usually the champions. Senna, Schumacher, Earnhardt, and so forth.

The guys that "respect" the sport are guys running towards the back in any series, Cope, Speed I can keep going. They guys that will win at any cost are usually the champions. Senna, Schumacher, Earnhardt, and so forth.

Horrible examples by the way.

This stuff should not continue, and Sony needs to see that. If they choose to let it go, then GT Academy is just not for me. I'll stick to my local track days and work my way up the ranks the hard way. I would get more satisfaction doing that, then cheating to get my way in.

Yea right, keep believing that. Go ahead and cheat in whatever you do then if thats what you think you need to do. There is a difference between pushing the limits and outright cheating, driving off course should not be allowed, stop defending it.

Yea right, keep believing that. Go ahead and cheat in whatever you do then if thats what you think you need to do. There is a difference between pushing the limits and outright cheating, driving off course should not be allowed, stop defending it.

I would love for you to show me how my fast laps are now "cheating". Please show me. I am confused as to what you call cheating. My new cape lap does NOT go off course yet that is still cheating? I do not use the handbrake and that is still cheating? Please, please show me the way!

+3

So what if you come in 129th place at the end of Round 1 but you drove completely clean. Would you be satisfied? If so, I applaud you.

To me, this is a competition and I will do whatever it takes to win as long as I am not violating any rules.

Yo TRC, I DL'd your ghost and I cracked up the way you fly off the track and on to the access road, it's so creative and fun to blaze that turn like that. Then there is that one where ya fly into that ditch and blow out to make that right hander, I just started using that line and it's like rallying the track. I hope I can get it wired like you and make it work. :)

People will always find something to complain about! If it is cheating then why is there no penalty? I wish they would have picked a track where it is impossible to cut. Then we would'nt have to listen to the crybabies.

I would love for you to show me how my fast laps are now "cheating". Please show me. I am confused as to what you call cheating. My new cape lap does NOT go off course yet that is still cheating? I do not use the handbrake and that is still cheating? Please, please show me the way!

If you can do it without doing this.....

Yo TRC, I DL'd your ghost and I cracked up the way you fly off the track and on to the access road, it's so creative and fun to blaze that turn like that. Then there is that one where ya fly into that ditch and blow out to make that right hander, I just started using that line and it's like rallying the track. I hope I can get it wired like you and make it work. :)

..... then more power to you. You'll gain more respect from me that this TRC guy ever will.

People will always find something to complain about! If it is cheating then why is there no penalty? I wish they would have picked a track where it is impossible to cut. Then we would'nt have to listen to the crybabies.

I'm willing to bet there is no penalty because PD didn't think to put one in those places. If enough people complain, I'm sure we'll be downloading another update very soon. And I hope that happens. Then it will shut everyone up.

They would say the fast guys must be cheating and use that excuse so their ego don't get hurt. Instead of insulting the quicker guys, why not ask how they are so quick? I have already helped 1 guy get quicker and am willing to do the same for others.

In the 1st round it doesn't matter if your 1st or 90th in your region. I already have a playseat and G27 so the prizes for the 1st round don't matter much.

They would say the fast guys must be cheating and use that excuse so their ego don't get hurt. Instead of insulting the quicker guys, why not ask how they are so quick?

If I can watch a replay, with you staying on course, it wouldn't matter. I would say, "wow, that guy is fast". And move on trying to catch you. But that's not what these people are doing, they are flying off course and using parts of the track that are NOT the racing suface. That is what I have a problem with.

Go take a look, I DONT! heck if I can figure out how to download it to youtube I will.

I don't have internet until tomorrow, and you can bet I'll be watching some of the replays. Some of them in disgust, I know.

Yeah I've downloaded the number one replays in my region (including Choate's) and watched them. They're legit and have even helped me improve my runs a bit.

I agree 100% that going off track shouldn't be allowed. I really wish that the game would penalize people for using that extra bit of track, then there would be nothing to complain about. I guarantee you that the leaderboards wouldn't look any different, either. You will still see the same names at the top.

Ya know, its incorrect to call it "cheating". By definition, cheating means to violate rules or regulations, which I am not doing. Going off track may be considered unacceptable to these racing purists we have here, but I am not gaining an unfair advantage because it is available to everyone. Unless the contest organizers tell me its a violation, its fair game.

Unless the contest organizers tell me its a violation, its fair game.

If I told you you could jump off a cliff, would you do it?

Didn't think so. I know it's wrong, and even though it's available to me, I will refrain from doing it.

If I told you you could jump off a cliff, would you do it?

Didn't think so. I know it's wrong, and even though it's available to me, I will refrain from doing it.

Lol, thats ridiculous!

Ok how about this one...if you were just outside the cutoff, and making the cut meant going to the GT Academy finals but you knew the only way you could make it would be to do something you felt was wrong, would u do it? =)

Maybe you are refraining from doing it because you aren't in this situation, but I bet if you were then you would be singing a different tune.

Ok how about this one...if you were just outside the cutoff, and making the cut meant going to the GT Academy finals but you knew the only way you could make it would be to do something you felt was wrong, would u do it? =)

No, actually. I wouldn't. Like I said earlier, dedicating my entire life to move up in the motorsports ranks the hard way would be more satisfying to me than doing something I think is wrong. Even if it meant a chance in the finals.

I respect that, and you obviously feel very strongly about this matter.

I wouldn't cheat my way to the top either, but I will do whatever it takes as long as it is not in violation of any rules or regulations of the competition.

I agree that cutting and going off track is wrong and shouldnt be allowed, but unfortunately it is, and people will take advantage of that.

I agree that cutting and going off track is wrong and shouldnt be allowed, but unfortunately it is, and people will take advantage of that.

For now, yeah. Hopefully they fix it. If not, then oh well. No GT Academy for me.:indiff:

I hate to say it to those who are discouraged (I am a bit myself.) but TRC_Hunk and Choate51 are fast whether they are on the road or not. I am sure they can prove it by doing a clean 'run'. You just have to keep trying. If you are a couple seconds slower pick a ghost that is closer to you, work up to it, then get better. I really do believe that most of the folks at the top are just that good. I can get close but they are better than me and I will need to work at it to be better.

My $0.02

If this was a friendly competition where there was nothing but bragging rights up for grabs, then a code of conduct could be agreed upon by all of us. We could all ignore the times of anyone we thought was driving outside 'our' personal idea of fair driving. This is how many of the racing series worked in Forza. Everyone knew what was allowed and what was not. Since the events were created and controlled by the gamers themselves, a much stricter set of rules could be adopted, regardless of what the game considered 'cheating'.

GT Academy is a whole different beast. There are real prizes at stake here, including a shot to become a real race driver. The game itself defines what is 'cheating' and what is not. Consider PD to be the governing body in this case. If the game allows it, and doesn't disqualify you for it, then you are not cheating if you use it.

If I owned a racing team I would expect one thing. That each of my drivers did everything within the rules of each particular event to come out on top. If other drivers were using a runoff area of the track to maintain momentum and run faster laps, and the governing body of this event was allowing it, I would expect my drivers to do it as well. If they instead chose to take the moral high ground and therefore lose time and the race, I would be quick to replace them with someone who would. Conversely, if they 'cheated', did something to gain an advantage that was clearly against the rules set out by the race officials, I would replace them as well.

I don't think anyone likes the idea of taking unrealistic lines in a racing game, it goes against our very essence as race enthusiasts. However, any real racer will tell you that if it makes you go faster, and it is allowed, then it is fair game to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back