GT Academy July 2013!!

Good news. I've done some emailing and found out that the UK show is planned to be available on the Nismo TV Youtube channel in the New Year. :)đź‘Ť

I hope it's not a selected highlight clips like they did with the previous season. You guys say they miss out a lot already in the edit and if that happens everyone else will miss out on even more :lol:

Just so you know as well the EU race camp so all the countries are currently being shown in some highly specific highlights! It's following on from the GT Academy graduates in their GT Academy Next Level series, which are being uploaded to youtube to! (I'm personally slightly glad as most of my gymkhana run is shown :D!, and the fact my mistake cost me so much to, as I was really quick in the rest of the run (Apart from the jackman being knocked over haha!))

How come 2 people won this year?

They should have that the best gamer gets a nissan seat an not the best from each region.
I remember the first Academy where all the countries went head to head in a series of challenges, now it seems that all you have to do is come first in your region an your basically into final, it was more exciting to watch all the other countries compete against eachother to see where each person/country was at.

GTAcademy is on after the F1 Jerez Test Highlight Show tonight around 10pm

For me I understand having regions, although the regions chosen just seem a bit ridiculous. Why South Africa and Russia, but especially why Germany on it's own, when they are part of Europe and don't have the most entrants from an individual country?

If there are to be regions, have Europe (properly), Asia, North America and Australasia. Either way I think Europe are more likely to produce the better racers just on pure numbers.

So who does USA compete against? its not Canada or Brazil so hmmm? purely on numbers their just as many if not more EU competitors who
are at a very high level because of the tough competition. The more winners the better i guess, they will probably end up with 3 winners in each
continent region.

The reason why Canada is not in is because of our stupid language laws, yes blame the province of quebec for that, and I'm from quebec and I'm French Canadian, kaliss de tabarnac de québécois, excuser mon francais, (quebecois). I guess it's too complicated for French people in quebec to learn English, I'm must be a genius.

So who does USA compete against? its not Canada or Brazil so hmmm? purely on numbers their just as many if not more EU competitors who
are at a very high level because of the tough competition. The more winners the better i guess, they will probably end up with 3 winners in each
continent region.

Based on population it's a pretty fair break out between EU and US, you forget how big we are across the pond here:

2013 Population Estimates

France 65,820,916
Italy 59,917,907
United Kingdom 63,705,000
Spain 46,704,314
Portugal 10,487,289
Belgium 11,184,873
Netherlands 16,835,400
Luxembourg 537,000
Denmark 5,623,501
Sweden 9,639,741
Finland 5,449,657
Norway 5,096,300
Poland 38,502,396
Czech Republic 10,513,800
Hungary 9,906,000
Slovakia 5,415,459

Total GT Academy EU 365,339,553

United States 317,559,000

Based on population it's a pretty fair break out between EU and US, you forget how big we are across the pond
here:

France 65,820,916
Italy 59,917,907
Spain 46,704,314
Portugal 10,487,289
Belgium 11,184,873
Netherlands 16,835,400
Luxembourg 537,000
Denmark 5,623,501
Sweden 9,639,741
Finland 5,449,657
Norway 5,096,300
Poland 38,502,396
Hungary 9,906,000
Slovakia 5,415,459

United States

Wow!! đź‘Ť well that definately clears everything up hahahaha :)

Wow!! đź‘Ť well that definately clears everything up hahahaha :)

Yah, but of course Germany is only 80M so your point stands there. Obviously there is some reason Sony/Nissan decided to break them out. Marketing, legal, the CEO married to an assertive German lady (nothing wrong with that, I'm married to an assertive Russian lady)... who knows. :lol:

The reason why Canada is not in is because of our stupid language laws, yes blame the province of quebec for that, and I'm from quebec and I'm French Canadian, kaliss de
tabarnac de québécois, excuser mon francais, (quebecois). I guess it's too complicated for French
people in quebec to learn English, I'm must be a genius.

Can a canadian apply for a US Passport Nationality Citizen?
Where i live in Northern Ireland i have both an IRISH Passport & BRITISH Passport lol

Yah, but of course Germany is only 80M so your point stands there. Obviously
there is some reason Sony/Nissan decided to break them out. Marketing, legal, the CEO married
to an assertive German lady (nothing wrong with that, I'm married to an assertive Russian
lady)... who knows. :lol:

Yeah, it would be intresting to see how many entered from each country, with 80m from Germany am not surprised they are on their own but when you look at the best EU Times on GTAcademy it is relatively Spanish & French more at the top of the leaderboard, you have lots of talent that cant get in one country but could get in another, i have no problems with this because in the end to be the best you have to beat the best i guess. I found it quite strange when i looked to see how well Lucas Ordonez did on the GTAcademy Qualifier, he wasnt in the Spanish Leaderboard but was in the Ireland Leaderboard, i found this @grantaurismo.net am not sure how accurate this info is.

Based on population it's a pretty fair break out between EU and US, you forget how big we are across the pond here:

France 65,820,916
Italy 59,917,907
Spain 46,704,314
Portugal 10,487,289
Belgium 11,184,873
Netherlands 16,835,400
Luxembourg 537,000
Denmark 5,623,501
Sweden 9,639,741
Finland 5,449,657
Norway 5,096,300
Poland 38,502,396
Hungary 9,906,000
Slovakia 5,415,459

United States 317,559,000

I understand what you mean about total population, but the number of applicants to GT Academy doesn't match the ratio between the US and European populations. Like almost a million for Europe and say, half a million for US actually entered GT:A

Just a shame that I don't live in the US or Germany, I feel I'd be more likely to get to race camp. At least I can enter unlike some guys!

I understand what you mean about total population, but the number of
applicants to GT Academy doesn't match the ratio between the US
and European populations. Like almost a million for Europe and say, half a million for US actually entered GT:A

Just a shame that I don't live in the US or Germany, I feel I'd be
more likely to get to race camp. At least I can enter unlike some guys!

Yeah i know, but i guess if it was otherway around that say US had 40odd Million people trying, you would have to defeat 40odd Million before you even won or got to Race Camp.

Yeah i know, but i guess if it was otherway around that say US had 40odd Million people trying, you would have to defeat 40odd Million before you even won or got to Race Camp.
It's all about marketing really, obviously the majority of the worlds best are based in Europe, but Nissan don't really care about that.

But the qualifying times are slower and also the numbers getting to race camp are larger. 32 go to nationals and 12/16 go to race camp.

Either way I know i'm not going to win it, but I'd like a stab at race camp. Anyone who does win in their respective region deserves it!

But the qualifying times are slower and also the numbers getting to race camp are larger. 32 go to nationals and 12/16 go to race camp.

Either way I know i'm not going to win it, but I'd like a stab at race camp. Anyone who does win in their respective region deserves it!
Well you've got a good chance next year anyway, there isn't many competitive people left in the UK who haven't already got to race camp.

Well you've got a good chance next year anyway, there isn't many competitive people left in the UK who haven't already got to race camp.

Thats good, increases the chance the nordic region will be competing again in 2014, we still got a bunch of people good enough for race camp (me included;))

First time we've seen each other seen since Miguel beat me to the GT Academy 2013 crown. My Dad was doing a driving experience in an Aston Martin around Silverstone and Miguel was his instructor!

It brought back some amazing memories from 6 years ago đź‘Ť

20190928_111110.jpg

Back