GT Academy July 2013!!

hahahaha thats one of the things i don't really regret if im honest, Mcdonalds trip, some of the events i did regret not producing as well as i think i could have, well that was the majority of them actually apart from the telemetry test, anyway if i were ever aloud back in again won't be making the same mistake :)

They missed so much out of last night's episode. :crazy: Shame it's also going to be 3 episodes too.

Missed the first 10 minutes. I'm guessing that's 1 days worth of events at race camp? I have to say though, I'm not a fan of the serious tone of the show so far (which it's been like over the past couple of seasons for the European race camp).

Missed the first 10 minutes. I'm guessing that's 1 days worth of events at race camp? I have to say though, I'm not a fan of the serious tone of the show so far (which it's been like over the past couple of seasons for the European race camp).

Yeah I think 1 day was given 15 minutes on TV. I think it's the way they've edited it... some more shots of the cars going round the track would be nice. I think they're focusing too much on the competitors.

Yeah I think 1 day was given 15 minutes on TV. I think it's the way they've edited it... some more shots of the cars going round the track would be nice. I think they're focusing too much on the competitors.
Yeah, also it would be nice if they showed more footage at once rather than jumping between shots all the time! And it would be cool if they showed more on board footage from the telemetry test!

Just watching the 2nd episode on itv4 now.

"The jackman is dead"

Owch lmao.

Great stuff guys!

haha ye I was first up on that one, and I wasn't expected it to be that slippy! I came of the brakes a little to release em but because I had made that major mistake earlier on in the first hanger, I was just all guns blazing! It helped in the last 2 hangers, but didn't help me with the jackman :P!

haha ye I was first up on that one, and I wasn't expected it to be that slippy! I came of the brakes a little to release em but because I had made that major mistake earlier on in the first hanger, I was just all guns blazing! It helped in the last 2 hangers, but didn't help me with the jackman :P!
Yeah haha! On the practice run my instructor told me I could brake later for the pit stop, so I did... And there was a lot less grip haha!

Yeah, also it would be nice if they showed more footage at once rather than jumping between shots all the time! And it would be cool if they showed more on board footage from the telemetry test!

Yer that woulda been nice, the auto course they made it sound like I nearly hit the stand haha it weren't that bad, enjoyed the shoot just before that with the drift! Shame the didn't show figure of 8 but on the plus side the didn't show how bad I fluffed the ramp up aha , was a good watch though in the whole.
So many things to look back on, good memories, on the whole aha
Something I'll never forget
Jackman john hahahahahahahaha
And Martin let your brain relax aha

Maybe we can help each out john, you can take 50% of my laid back approach and Paul won't want to put you in the wall, and I'll take your 50% "balls out" and maybe I can win an event and not be bottom 2 for the whole 5 days I was in hahahaha

Na all good just hope we get another opportunity, I think we can all take positives away from it, work on negatives and if there was a next time we'd be much better all rounders, after all we have so little experience, were all capable of racing for a career just need to "get lucky", lol

Last edited:
It's on in just less than 7.5 hours time 👍

Cheers. Getting all my times mixed up :lol: At least I'll be able to get a decent amount of sleep tonight.

EDIT: Just watched the episode. It's probably the least edited out of all of them. You can really see the judges personalities come out and that was very refreshing. Very good.

Last edited:
I enjoyed last night's episode much more than the previous two. They had less stuff to cram in and showed more of the actual driving. 👍 Good times.

I enjoyed last night's episode much more than the previous two. They had less stuff to cram in and showed more of the actual driving. 👍 Good times.

Was annoying that they edited the races so badly. Could never tell how much you were gaining because the shots weren't in order.

You did a great job though, surprised they didn't pick you after you did so well in the races, which the judges thought was your weakness. :)

Was annoying that they edited the races so badly. Could never tell how much you were gaining because the shots weren't in order.

You did a great job though, surprised they didn't pick you after you did so well in the races, which the judges thought was your weakness. :)

Yeah some of the shots were terribly out of order :lol:

Cheers Ben. They thought it was my weakness because it was just a coincidence that I performed badly in the 2 challenges that involved other cars. :P I'd love an onboard of both races.

I'd love an onboard of both races.

GT Academy's YouTube would probably get more visitors if they actually uploaded more footage of the actual racing. Great job on coming second overall in Europe this season by the way Adam. Did you manage to make any contacts from race camp when it comes to carrying on with racing (if that's what you wanted to do)?

GT Academy's YouTube would probably get more visitors if they actually uploaded more footage of the actual racing. Great job on coming second overall in Europe this season by the way Adam. Did you manage to make any contacts from race camp when it comes to carrying on with racing (if that's what you wanted to do)?

I think everyone agrees they should put them up on Youtube. And thanks, but unfortunately not. I don't think it's that easy. :)

I think everyone agrees they should put them up on Youtube. And thanks, but unfortunately not. I don't think it's that easy. :)
Yeah, don't know why they don't put them on Youtube!
At least you got the chance on the final day though, and it's still a really cool thing, I've made quite a few lot of friends at uni because of it, it's quite a good conversation starter and it's easy to talk about :)

Unfortunately you need money to get anywhere at the moment 👎
Our only hope is if we win the lottery haha!
I've said for the longest that the GT academy should have a real world shoot out with people that have played. I know you, me and some of my friends who never had the money to keep a career going would have a good shot.....:mischievous:

Lets get a petition going for those of us who want a real world shoot out!

I've said for the longest that the GT academy should have a real world shoot out with people that have played. I know you, me and some of my friends who never had the money to keep a career going would have a good shot.....:mischievous:

Lets get a petition going for those of us who want a real world shoot out!

Wouldn't be surprised if they eventually get to that point. But I don't think that will happen until they've got the Academy at least in every continent around the world.

Back