gt academy stage 2, what will it be?

• Thread starter jakkim
  • 374 comments
As above, likely to be a GT-R probably at one of the Japanese tracks, and probably racing as opposed to time trials?

An entirely new car and track combination would really show who can best adapt to the situation (Le Mans / Nürburgring with Super GT Nissan GT-R, anyone?)

With the current online setup, races could prove to be somewhat fruitless, unless the length is upwards of 10 laps. Another problem with races arises with the handicap applied to the leaders.

Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see, won't we :dunce:

By online I would expect more of a LAN type environment, or private rooms, rather than just chucking in the top 20 drivers into a regular online race.

I dont think they should have them race each other (yet) fender to fender on the track. There are too many uncontrollable variables in a race. For instance if the fastest guy gets punted off into a deep sandtrap and loses 5 seconds he's probably doomed. So what if you DQ the guy who punted him the puntee's race is ruined.

Rather, I think they should have 10 or 20 lap 'time trials'. Do this to see who is the most consistant over several laps, not just one.

Maybe use that method to lower the number of drivers. But even then having them race eachother in LAN or something can cause problems but probably should be done to see how they behave in a crowd.

I have raced some quick drivers in the World Event who try very foolish moves that would cost them dearly in real life. They need to find a way to weed those drivers out.

@ earth,totally agree with you there about the 10 or 20 lap timetrails!!!
this would surely make a huge difference between the 1lap fast drivers and the (as you rightfully said)consistant drivers....

i would really like this and feel very up for a challenge like this one...!!

spyrrari.

Yep I agree with you Earth, that probably is the fairest method for the next challenge, but like you said racing has to happen eventually to see how well people race in a pack (even though I'm sure a following, non-PS3 round will involve karting).

But yeah as I mentioned in another thread, it's all very well some of these top guys getting through to the next round, but practicing over thousands of laps and tens of hours is a very different skill to getting people to just lap a circuit, and especially different to a race. Race pace on GT5 is much slower but sure as hell isn't easy.

What happens at the National Final?
Participants will compete in various Time Trials on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, as well as mental and physical aptitude tests to determine their suitability for driving a racing car, and an MSA medical examination to comply with the racing license requirements of the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA).

So no multiple cars on track!

Participants will compete in various Time Trials on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, as well as mental and physical aptitude tests to determine their suitability for driving a racing car, and an MSA medical examination to comply with the racing license requirements of the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA).

I like the sound of that! :)

I like the sound of that! :)

Indeed, and there won't be any G25's to use, and no chance to spend days and weeks on the TT's to improve your time. 15 minute TT's will sort the men from the mice. 👍

Indeed, and there won't be any G25's to use, and no chance to spend days and weeks on the TT's to improve your time. 15 minute TT's will sort the men from the mice. 👍

Standardized controller?

Don't tell me we have to drive with sixaxis?

Standardized controller?

Don't tell me we have to drive with sixaxis?

Seeing that the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel is the official Gran Turismo wheel, I guess they would be using it.

In germany theres a competition called Playstationliga where people play PS2 and PS3 games and also can qualifi for a final. In GT4 and GT5P you have to drive a TT event over some weeks like the Academy one. Then the best players are invited to the final where they have to do some TT's, each for 20-30 min the fastest driver of all together wins.
I've been there one time, they had some racingseats there and DFP wheels. :sly:
I think the Nissan guys will do something similar. Of course with the new DFGT.

Seeing that the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel is the official Gran Turismo wheel, I guess they would be using it.

and what about if you do use the g25,only with the flippers and not the shifter/clutch??...
wouldnt that be the same as using dfgt/dfp??

if they want to exclude the advantage people have by using the clutch,this should than be the same for everybody....:)

and about the controller:.....no way i am afraid:indiff:

spyrrari.

The spanish finals are going to be held at the Carlos Sainz Outdoor Karting, so "physical aptitude tests to determine their suitability for driving a racing car" must mean... Aptitude to drive karts :dunce:

The spanish finals are going to be held at the Carlos Sainz Outdoor Karting, so "physical aptitude tests to determine their suitability for driving a racing car" must mean... Aptitude to drive karts :dunce:

You got mail already? :sly:

Hi All, new member here

Thanks to vicheous for actually posting the facts, can't believe it took so long for someone to actually read the FAQ's on the competition web site!

Sphinx, are your comments fact? I would be disapointed if the next stage is decided whilst using dfp's, bit of a backwards step from G25, but I full appreciate that it is the 'more' official one for GT, just interested to know if you have some insider knowledge or are just making your predictions?

Also, if you do know facts, can you tell me what the process is between now and stage two? Have people been sent confirmation of their qualification to the next round etc?

All facts welcome, I hate random guess's.

Thanks

The greatest stage!

-The FAQ has been mentioned on the GT Academy thread a long time ago 👍
-For me it's quite obvious that a DFGT will be used, why use the older model, the mighty DFP(?). And the G25 isn't even officially supported (I think)
-About the process... read the sing in contract.. ;) --> no random guesses there.

edit:

The academy page has now FAQ, where everything is told another time, for those who didn't read the agreement, or what is it called..

But basically more time trials and medical / physical tests ---> you get points for all of these and the 1-3 best candidates will be sent to UK.. (so maybe not even the fastest in tt's)

1000th post closer and closer.... :D

and Pundershaw... Welcome to GTP!!! 👍

also,with the update 1st august comming up...are they or will they wait for this update to throw in the next stage??
would make some sence i think...

spyrrari.

Hi All, new member here

Thanks to vicheous for actually posting the facts, can't believe it took so long for someone to actually read the FAQ's on the competition web site!

Sphinx, are your comments fact? I would be disapointed if the next stage is decided whilst using dfp's, bit of a backwards step from G25, but I full appreciate that it is the 'more' official one for GT, just interested to know if you have some insider knowledge or are just making your predictions?

Also, if you do know facts, can you tell me what the process is between now and stage two? Have people been sent confirmation of their qualification to the next round etc?

All facts welcome, I hate random guess's.

Thanks

The greatest stage!

Welcome Pundershaw. 👍

Hardly a random guess, more like an educated guess that's backed up with many years of experience in this game. Take it, or leave it. 👍

I don't believe it would be a backward step by not using the G25. I'm still of the opinion that the G25 is exploiting a hidden feature in the game that no other device can access. I don't believe that the official Gran Turismo wheel has this feature and therefore one must ask why not if it is supposed to be part of the Gran Turismo game?

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with it, in fact I have a G25, but I don't agree that it should be used in competition just yet.

"between now and stage two"
2.1. All Qualifying Entrants will be contacted in writing by the Promoter as soon as practicable after the closing date of the Competition (it is intended that this will be about 1 week after the closing date) and invited to take part in a National Final.

I'm still of the opinion that the G25 is exploiting a hidden feature in the game that no other device can access. I don't believe that the official Gran Turismo wheel has this feature and therefore one must ask why not if it is supposed to be part of the Gran Turismo game?

This is a joke but I'll answer you..

There is a new wheel coming when GT5 comes out... with better.. uhm.. everything.. :lol:

;)

edit: ...and I know we both hope I'm right... lol.. we get to sell our G25s... :lol:

Hi guys just had a phone call and ive got through to the 2nd round. It will take place in London at the British international motor show on the 1st of August. you also get 2 nights at the cumberland hotel. Im getting a pack through the mail so when that arrives i can fill you in with all the details

Does that mean they'll fly me over?

It's funny, after going to the Geneva motor show I decided there was going to be nothing new to see at the British show.

I stayed at the Cumberland when I went down for the UK Championships, it is a fantastic hotel. You guys are really in for a treat. If you take your better halfs you're right on Oxford street so they can go off and shop all day if they're not into Gran Turismo.

Be sure to take lots of pictures for those of us who aren't lucky enough to be there ;)

Back