gt academy stage 2, what will it be?

• Thread starter jakkim
  • 374 comments
Hiya folks,

Just joined GTP, feeling good that is some communication with other players.
I'm also in the 2nd round as you know ( 12th NL ).

Looking forward to this big, but little tournament (if it's in NL the same) i will guess so. Did something like this before with a other game on a LANparty(1200 peepz) but this will be something new. Zandvoort maybe ?

To bad we still didn't hear anything yet, it freaks me out a little :P

Got to work tomorrow so im going to bed, cya soon

he man,nice to see you finally join gtp...welcome mate:tup:
i read the dutch gtacadamy forum a few times and saw you mentioning this site and wanted to invite you to join us ,but...you allready did so:):)

i totaly agree with you about the long wait...:ouch:
just came home after finally summer has come to our beautifull country and spent the whole day boating thru the amsterdam canals....but thru out the day i whas sure that when arriving home i would have an e-mail telling me/us what will happen but....nothing....
reading you have phoned them and they even don't know nothing makes me a bit worried:nervous:

well,hopefully tomorrow than ...

anyway,whatever happends,see you than and there...wherever that would be ....👍

spyrrari.

Good to see you Spyrarri and thanks for the welcome... I have read here lots of times following new things its for sure one of the best communities on this game! But I finally wanted to join the forums so here I am:sly:

Actually you hit the thing about it makes you worried... So it does me because I also mentioned in the phone call like: Is there anything going on at all at this point? and the good man couldnt say anything only that he didnt want me to leave empty handed (which he finally did actually)... It would be ridiculous but from that I can only say that Holland does not take these things seriously once again!

My bro (he qualified 19th in Holland) is going to call Sony Europe tomorrow. And they got to have some news otherwise Im a bit sceptical about all this... Normally I wont worry about these things but since almost every country got its invitations and my holiday things going on IT MAKES ME REALY WORRIED:scared:

Good to see you Spyrarri and thanks for the welcome... I have read here lots of times following new things its for sure one of the best communities on this game! But I finally wanted to join the forums so here I am:sly:

Actually you hit the thing about it makes you worried... So it does me because I also mentioned in the phone call like: Is there anything going on at all at this point? and the good man couldnt say anything only that he didnt want me to leave empty handed (which he finally did actually)... It would be ridiculous but from that I can only say that Holland does not take these things seriously once again!

My bro (he qualified 19th in Holland) is going to call Sony Europe tomorrow. And they got to have some news otherwise Im a bit sceptical about all this... Normally I wont worry about these things but since almost every country got its invitations and my holiday things going on IT MAKES ME REALY WORRIED:scared:

be sure to tell me/us what your bro find out after his phone call as soon as you know mate....👍
and gtplanet is not one of the best..it is the only one:sly:

spyrrari.

Wow, reading the format it seems a lot more time trial based than I first imagined - I thought there were going to be a lot of physical tests? Would still be amazing to be there.

Good luck to all those who are competing!

This is just a guess, but for Finnish Stage II, how about Neste Rally Finland, in Jyväskylä. 1.August is the second day of the rally... We know how much free ww publicity would be there for SONY/NISSAN/PD... ;)

..still waiting for THE call. :(

I´m wondering about something... anyone know if we are gonna be able to set our own race options with the stage 2 final?

I've grown accustomed to the racing line on track, mostly for braking points. Can understand this unrealistic tool will be forbidden in the finals but I need to relearn the tracks then.

How many of you race with the line on?

I´m wondering about something... anyone know if we are gonna be able to set our own race options with the stage 2 final?

I've grown accustomed to the racing line on track, mostly for braking points. Can understand this unrealistic tool will be forbidden in the finals but I need to relearn the tracks then.

How many of you race with the line on?

hey there,i never use racingline beceause it distrackts me and after several laps its not to difficult to find out the ideal line thru the corners for me....:)
and this being a racing contest where you finally will race real cars,i dont suspect they will paint those lines on the dubai track for you mate:sly:......

spyrrari.

Its getting crowded here with dutch people:) hahaha seems that Im not the only one who hates the waiting to get some news about the 2nd phase! Anyway I got some news updates (not that it brings us much further)... My bro did a lot of things researching to get phone numbers from: Sony Europe, Nissan Holland and Nissan Europe

Sony Europe
Isnt really available for us it seems they dont get phone calls but he tried numerous of times :ouch:

Nissan Holland
these guys seems to dont know ANYTHING about GT Academy at all. Actually there was no need to ask further questions

Nissan Europe
Finally some people who know at least something about the GT Academy and he got into conversation with Marketing there. They didnt know anything on the dutch GT Academy 2nd phase but they wanted to give my bro a call back when they found something of it (so far no phone call:grumpy:)

We have to wait from now on. Lets hope this all comes together in a good way to have our final which we deserve! (we have best of Europe in our hands and some other really competitive drivers)

greatly spoken solarsystem! time is ticking... tick tock... tick tock..

greets Jeroen
JeroneNL (big "bro" from solarsystem) 19th in the netherlands 1.21.070 (DFP)

This is just a guess, but for Finnish Stage II, how about Neste Rally Finland, (here). 1.August is the second day of the rally... We know how much free ww publicity would be there for SONY/NISSAN/PD... ;)

..still waiting for THE call. :(

You from *?

I lived there for 20y until I moved to study to Espoo (TKK).

-Karri

Yes I live in JKL, at KOAS (laajavuoren kupeessa), kierre pub is just a elevator down, and I'm there... :D
..shakedown for the rally is 1km away from here... 👍

Kierre pub... quite legendary :D, I know the place as well. They're still driving the shakedown around Laajavuori?

Yes, I also got the call.

yup, august 14th
I think saturday would have been better day for the finals, but I quess I have to take a day off from work.

Did you get any more details of the finals, I only got the date and time?

It'll be at:

Elmo Sports & Grill -bar, Salomonkatu 17 Kamp's Autotalo, Hki.
Time: klo 14-17

nothing else... I'm going to luch now and will read these papers better and will call them back and ask some important questions.. I'll let you know then more.

btw, nothing so glamorous like in UK... and NO mentioning how many will go to Stage III. (1-3, was in the contract)

-Timo

I finnaly received my GT academy package! The final will be held at 12 august at Jimmy Woo (Amsterdam). See You all there!

Greets,
JeroneNL aka Jeroen

I got some infos today for the national final in germany :)
Round 1: The top 20 will do 6 lap times on 2 tracks then 8 contestants are knocked out.
Round 2: 3 lap times on 1 track, 4 are knocked out.
Round 3 Quarter Final: 3 lap times on 1 track, 4 are knocked out 4 in the semi final.
Round 4 (Semi Final): The 4 remaining Players are divided into pairs to begin the semi final head to head races. Each pair will do a 'best of 3 laps' head to head race.
Round 5 overall final: The 2 winners will do a head to head race 'best of 3 laps'. They will both going to Silverstone.
Runner up Final: Like the final a 3 laps head to head race but only 1 will get the place in Silverstone.

Back