gt academy stage 2, what will it be?

• Thread starter jakkim
  • 374 comments
GT Academy has come to an end, Lucasor from Spain is one of the three finalist, the other two being one guy from Italy and someone named Chris Midmark, from Sweeden.

Just 2 of them will go to Dubai. The two lucky men will be announced tonight.

Lucas Ordoñez from Spain and Lars Schlommer from Germany* are the winners of the GT Academy.

dani4.jpg

Congrats to both of them!

*There was a little mistake in the previous info, there were still 6 guys waiting for the final verdict.

Last edited:
That "theDoctor" guy may be a fraud but he's fast indeed! :eek: I wonder why didn't he compete in France...

He is french... :dopey: is name is Arnaud Lacombe... qualified in France as Winner :sly:

He is french... :dopey: his name is Arnaud Lacombe... qualified in France as Winner :sly:

Oh really? Where did u got the info? I still dont know why he wanted to compete with the dutch guys though.. as he already won his seat in france. strange people, the lacombe brothers.

BTW my brother solarsystem didnt make it in silverstone due medical problems..
Shame because he was one of the fastest drivers there.. But as he said to me, you need a lot more things then only beeing a fast driver. 24 hours of racing is a lot and a total workout for you're mind and body.. they don't want a driver who only can compete for a few hours due medical problems..regardless his driving skills

Congrats to the GT Academy winners,
Jeroen

Last edited:
He did qualify at race "24 heures du Mans" allready and wanted to give it a try incognito :sly:

He just did a few laps so and is incredibly fast and impressed everyone at french GTacademy finals.
BTW I just heard that our 2 french finished exaequo 3rd place at Silverstone.:ill:

As you said... driving virtually is really different than physically. the 2 winners might have a good mix of skills ;)

PS: Remmahegdels... Just for your info, I play with the blue lines on and am not ashamed of it at all... ;)

Last edited:
As you said... driving virtually is really different than physically. the 2 winners might have a good mix of skills ;)

As far as I know, Lucasor never played a GT game before, he bought his PS3 with GT5P a couple of weeks before the GT Academy qualifiers ended. But he's been driving karts and then turismos professionally since he was 15 or so, he is now retired and I think he is not even 25 :crazy:

So a good real life driver can do it good at GT, but not the other way around.

Karri called me today, while going to Heathrow.. sounded like he + the other guys had a blast!! 350z, GT-R, Caterham 7 and some little formula car.. well, I'll let them to tell the rest. 👍

BTW thought it was kind of bizarre how me and alexpez both got to the GT Academy finals and live less than a mile away from each other but have never met or heard of each before !

Congratulations to the Silverstone winners !

Last edited:
I´m also back from Silverstone it was a great week for everybody especially Lucas and Lars. I don´t have the time to write a big post.
I´ll list up a few highlights from Silverstone.
- Endurance Kart-Race over 3 1/2 hours in two man teams my partner was Lucas who won the GT Academy.
- Driving a GTR, a Caterham Seven, a Formula Racecar (180hp) and a 350Z
- Meeting with Jonny Herbert (former F1 driver) :)

Back