GT Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Nationals it was beep test, the 'plank' and press-ups.

Not sure for Race Camp, unfortunately!

I'm sure it's been asked, but I don't see an answer anywhere.

Is there any word on what the car or track will be yet?

No official word as far as i know, but pictures on the official gt homepage with a leaf and 370Z.

Edit: Well, apparently it isn't available on the USA site yet. Go to the japanese site to see the pictures.

Last edited:
This seems a bit odd that they haven't announced it way ahead of time. They haven't seemed to figure out that people might have other things planned lol. Yet, you know they have been making plans for a while to get everything setup. I can't even imagine how far in advance they have to reserve Silverstone. Seems like they have taken some steps backwards from previous years as far as organization. Should be a good time though:tup:

I wonder if we will now see the return of the "Tuned 370Z" that is oddly missing in GT6.

No official word as far as i know, but pictures on the official gt homepage with a leaf and 370Z.

Edit: Well, apparently it isn't available on the USA site yet. Go to the japanese site to see the pictures.

Translate shows nothing helpful, but probably safe to start practicing with those two on Silverstone. Couldn't hurt.

Translate shows nothing helpful, but probably safe to start practicing with those two on Silverstone. Couldn't hurt.
The website kind-of implies it'll be at le mans, so i'm practicing there!

What is the closest car to the 370Z in GT6 to start practicing with. Also, what tracks, I understand Siverstone but I'm confused on the Le Mans track mentioned above. Does it have a different name in the game as I am not seeing any Le Mans track. Thanks guys and really looking forward to the competition. I know I don't have much of a chance, but its still fun competing with the elite. 👍

What is the closest car to the 370Z in GT6 to start practicing with. Also, what tracks, I understand Siverstone but I'm confused on the Le Mans track mentioned above. Does it have a different name in the game as I am not seeing any Le Mans track. Thanks guys and really looking forward to the competition. I know I don't have much of a chance, but its still fun competing with the elite. 👍

Circuit de la Sarthe

Didn't see the implications mentioned though...

I've been waiting for this... I feel confident about making it to Race Camp this year. :)

Anyone here started training for the national final fitness test?

I started training months back, and already I've made considerable progress compared to last year (stone dead last). Anyone not already in good shape should start training right now, otherwise they'll be outclassed by the time regional finals come around.

I hope those that were hoping to get to the nationals this year have been training for awhile, I mean I even said at the start of the year you should be training for this! Fitness levels increase each year, and I would think this year would be no exception! I wish I could enter although I assume I won't be able to. All the best to those that are entering! I'll still be putting in some decent effort though as I still want to be on the board, and once again will be posting my usual helpful video :)!

My aim: Be the only person to qualify for the UK final on the controller......LET'S DO THIS!

Good luck Spud, although make sure you practice on a wheel once you nail a controller time :)!

hi guys, help please. like spud, i am very good on the pad, but im always 2/3 seconds slower on wheel. if someone can PM me and help, i'd hugely appreciate it. thanks :)

IF I make it to nationals, I hope to God it's the same format as last year. Time trials are definitely fairer than races, just too much at stake for me or others to accidentally plow in each other whilst under a lot of pressure! It could just ruin peoples' chances unnecessarily.

Last edited:
So once you get selected through the online events the next part is the physical test right? And once you've been selected in that what's next?

I hope those that were hoping to get to the nationals this year have been training for awhile, I mean I even said at the start of the year you should be training for this! Fitness levels increase each year, and I would think this year would be no exception! I wish I could enter although I assume I won't be able to. All the best to those that are entering! I'll still be putting in some decent effort though as I still want to be on the board, and once again will be posting my usual helpful video :)!

Good luck Spud, although make sure you practice on a wheel once you nail a controller time :)!

I am definitely better on the wheel than I was at the 2011 finals. I narrowly missed out qualifying in 2012 and 2013 on the wheel, so I'm going to try and get a good controller time down, then start using the wheel :)

Are you going to try and qualify genuinely as well, or are you not going to nationals?

I am only a little bit slower on the wheel, I have played racing games competitively on the controller for the last 7 years (mainly on Forza) so I just feel a lot more comfortable playing this way. Plus, I play lying down in bed, so it's quite hard to use the wheel like this :sly:

So once you get selected through the online events the next part is the physical test right? And once you've been selected in that what's next?
Physical and mental test plus some gran turismo test as well as some real driving plus media test
Afaik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back