GT Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope those that were hoping to get to the nationals this year have been training for awhile, I mean I even said at the start of the year you should be training for this! Fitness levels increase each year, and I would think this year would be no exception! I wish I could enter although I assume I won't be able to. All the best to those that are entering! I'll still be putting in some decent effort though as I still want to be on the board, and once again will be posting my usual helpful video :)!

It was very useful to me last year so I look forward to it. I'll not qualify for the finals but if I were to by some enourmous fluke then I'd change my slightly healthy diet to be solely a deep fried doner kebab and lard sandwich with every meal. I don't want to be a racing driver. I'm too old (not to mention liking lard sandwiches). Happy with a track day once in a while and computer games. Will still be trying my hardest though.

Incidentally I felt sorry for the guy (was it Adam?) who won the British final and came 2nd in last year's European final. Anyone know what he's up to now?

For those of us from the USA, should we still believe that GT Academy starts on the 21st? On the gran-turismo.com site it has a link for the "Green light for Sixth Edition...." on all the countries, except the US and Canada. Is it possible that they are not releasing this in North America at this time?

i know mate, i've tried so hard but maybe my technique is wrong?
The only way is to ditch the pad entirely. As long as you're splitting your time you'll never get superior on the wheel. Ask the guys at the top that use wheels - they do WORSE on the pad. Because they never use it. It's a scary jump because for a few months there, you're still bad on the wheel, but you start losing your edge on the pad. I went through that transition this year.

For those of us from the USA, should we still believe that GT Academy starts on the 21st? On the gran-turismo.com site it has a link for the "Green light for Sixth Edition...." on all the countries, except the US and Canada. Is it possible that they are not releasing this in North America at this time?
I'm not 100% sure... it seems like we'd start on the 21st, but there's so little info right now. We could very well be delayed. Last year it wasn't until July, so this seems very early...

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw some where here some one posted a few pics of the "locked" GT Academy cars. Then PD releases a ad with the same cars. I think they were forced to rush GT Academy cause of the leak.
Just like the leaked BMW, they rush released with no interior.
I honestly think PD is trying to release things. But every time they, start to resume progress, something else is leaked and they have to rush to complete that cause of all the hype. All the hackers that leak things we shouldnt know about, are screwing up the progress of GT6 andthe legacy of the seiries...

Rant done!

It was very useful to me last year so I look forward to it. I'll not qualify for the finals but if I were to by some enourmous fluke then I'd change my slightly healthy diet to be solely a deep fried doner kebab and lard sandwich with every meal. I don't want to be a racing driver. I'm too old (not to mention liking lard sandwiches). Happy with a track day once in a while and computer games. Will still be trying my hardest though.

Incidentally I felt sorry for the guy (was it Adam?) who won the British final and came 2nd in last year's European final. Anyone know what he's up to now?

I'm glad it helps, to be fair it helps me just as much as everyone else in making sure I'm nailing the right lines and techniques and doing what I need to do! Adam was very good at the camp, and an amazing drive in those final races it really was! You had to be there as well to get even more of the atmosphere, it was pretty crazy!! Not sure what he's upto at the moment but I suppose we could tag Adam and find out :)? @Aderrrm

Hey guys, we want to avoid using one main thread for GT Academy this year. Every region is going to have its own thread. If you see one missing, start it up. You can also post in any thread you'd like, giving advice or kudos, what have you. You don't have to be from the region in order to post in the thread.

Let's just let this thread die off, that's why I changed the title.

i thought i would get a good record in this year GT academy but truth is that i suck with the 370z i dont find it a bad car just i always suck with road cars and i been a better driver with racing tyres i did good records in the GT6 tt but as everyone trying this is going to be hard and my driving skills are not going to be the best

Hey guys, we want to avoid using one main thread for GT Academy this year. Every region is going to have its own thread. If you see one missing, start it up. You can also post in any thread you'd like, giving advice or kudos, what have you. You don't have to be from the region in order to post in the thread.

Let's just let this thread die off, that's why I changed the title.

Can't we still have this generic thread as well for people who want to talk about this years GTAcademy no matter what region people are from. Everyone's doing the same time trials anyway and most people haven't really got a hope in hell of actually qualifying for the regional finals anyway. It just means there are even more threads to wade through and useful info might not get seen.

I would love to see GT Academy 2014 competition to take place on Nurburgring/Bathurst.

It would be something new, GT Academy is the same since the first edition.

Can't we still have this generic thread as well for people who want to talk about this years GTAcademy no matter what region people are from. Everyone's doing the same time trials anyway and most people haven't really got a hope in hell of actually qualifying for the regional finals anyway. It just means there are even more threads to wade through and useful info might not get seen.

Here's what we can do as a compromise. Start up a "2014 News and Discussion thread" but make it absolutely clear in the OP that the thread is for general use only. I don't want it being hijacked into a thread for the Europeans like with what happened last year. That's what I'm trying to avoid.

You can also mention that people can use the thread that want to share casual results and aren't in it for hitting a top 50 time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back